7K SNG & MTT Challenge

fornicator99

Hello! I'm having a really nice time on Unibet so why not make a challenge to further motivate myself? First of all, about me: I'm a 30 thirty something guy, been playing poker for 3-4 years, just for fun. Until a few months ago I played 7$ spins on Stars with 80ish cEv over a 6-7k sample but the swings are sick so here I am. I have a full time job as a game developer so I will be playing just a couple of hours a day, as I come home from work. I started with 5man sngs from 2$-4$ and now I reached 1.5k bankroll and I play the 10$ ones. I plan to play around 500 10$ sngs a month plus the ocasional mtt. I think 7k profit at the end of the year, to finance my flyfishing trips :),  is doable. See you at the tables!

Thank you, guys. Well, 85 cEV is aprox 9% EV roi, which is very good for a guy playing just for fun.  90+ Cev is crushing. I've read your blog and I'm very impressed :). Maybe we've already played against each other, I wouldn't be suprised if you were Lusy18 or Devilek, which appeared to me to be good players.

Played some over the weekend with poor results and I'm down around 200 euros. I'm relatively satisfied with my game but it just was one of those periods when whatever you do it's just bad. Just could't win a flip or get a hand that was ahead to hold, mainly on the bubble or hu. I'm happy my mental game becomes stronger and I didn't let it affect me. Opposition seems fairly decent and noticed some leaks on some of them (shoves are SO value heavy) but on every table there  are at least 1-2 weak players so I think I should be ok on the long run. Short term plan is to get to 2.5k and play the 25.

There's a big chance we did battle yesterday as I played more than my usual number of games. Tried 8 tabling for the first time and I have mixed feelings, made some questionable moves, not a good day at all. I try to avoid playng big pots in small +ev spots while deep if I can but sometimes I tilt and take to many chances preflop. I'll continue for some days before I draw a conclusion but I feel I'm not really ready for this and scale down a little. Thank you for the good wishes.

Ok,  I looked back on the month of January: played around 450 10 euro sngs with ~6% roi. Could be a little higher singe I counted the 10 euro mtts as sng also, but not the cashes from them. I'm a little disappointed because I feel 10% roi is attainable. It's clear I have to change something:

- work on my game

- change the routine: now I start playing straight after I come home from work and sometimes I feel jaded after 10-12 hours of sitting in front of a PC. I'll try to sleep an hour before grinding. See how it goes.

- try to tilt a little less: this month I had more than the usual number of rough patches and sometimes when I get one outed on the river or something I just ❤️♥️❤️ lose it and it affects the other tables

Fortunately I got some mtt love and I'm up like 700 euros for this month. Not a bad month after all.

• 4 weeks later...

This month wasn't a great one. I'm up like 150 euros overall but I'm breakevenish at the 10euro 5 man sngs. In the evenings it's pretty tough but I've identified some great spots during the week. We'll see how March goes, maybe I need to drop to 4 euros sngs.  I'm looking forward to the Unibet Online Series, hopefully I'll bink something.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a weird month I which I played far less than I planned. Felt a needed a little break from 5max sngs so I played the UOS, mainly nano and medium but also some juicy high events. Made some FTs but unfortunately only on low and nano. Taking the leaderboard and other promotions into consideration  I managed a small profit. Also tried 10 euro hu sngs to see how things are going and also to improve my hu game. After 100+ games I have like 56%itm which is not bad. Definitely a small sample but enough to get an idea and I find that the field is weaker in those games. I also think I could do much better. The bad part is I cannot play more than 2 tables as I feel I cannot get the opponent's tendencies. I feel a little refreshed after this experiment and I plan to return to my main game as I saw a little spike in the number of sng 5 max games. Gl everyone, see you at the tables.

• 5 months later...

Archived