35€ to 1000€ Challenge - It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop

RaulonY

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Long time no see

I played a bit more in december, had a pretty bad downswing, and I didn't put in the volume needed to finish the challenge. I had some insane sessions, losing with every strong hand, but then played a bit here and there and rebuild the br. A key takeway is that I didn't played a lot, but still produced close to 1k rake, meaning the rake at 25 is huge. Now I play 25 when I'm at my PC, and NL10 for fun sometimes from my chromebook (playing in browser, great update to the browser version now with the tiled tables).

In January I didn't felt like grinding after that ugly downswing, but I still wanted to be engaged with poker, so I decided to start coaching. I have some students, and it is very satisfying to see that they are learning a lot and beating the games. For example, I started in January with a guys, his first contact with poker, he just learned the rules a few days before we started working, and now he is playing NL10 profitably in just 2 months. 

I will continue the challenge now (35 to 1k), coz of the virus, I will be working from home, so I can squeeze in a session here and there.

My current BR is now at around 780 

I didn't wrote in the spreadsheet every small session I've played, but  they weren't a lot.

1198281938_Br14Mar.PNG.9daa0ca3411982f3fcf1cf18f2a762bd.PNG

Spreadsheet with my progress: https://bit.ly/2Zv3td2

Good Luck to you all!!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't played as much as I wanted lately, still had to work a lot from home so I didn't find enough time to grind. 

I just checked in to let you guys know that the Challenge is COMPLETE

Challengee.PNG.c78060dd129077d6494f7111f86b353a.PNG

I am thinking about extendin the challenge to 2000€

Between work and coaching my students, I will try to grind a bit to finish this challenge too.

Good luck to you all!

• Like 8

@CuteRaven 

Yes, at around 40BI (2000 EUR) I will move up. I may be playing some NL50 if I don't have 25 tables in the morning and the 50 tables are juicy.

@Sparrow473 

Thank you. I hope you enjoy the blog, I don't really have engagement here, that's why I didn't wrote as much. I left you a private message, tell me more about yourself,  what you are playing, and I will be glat to help you if I can.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Just to say, I think your blog is really good quality like a lot of the blogs here.

What I like about yours in particular is how methodical your plan is and how open and honest you are with your results, even providing the link to the spreadsheet. Well done and keep up the good work!

Good luck buddy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Eeezee Thanks for the support!

Quick Update:

Didn't played a lot lately, was busy with work, coaching and other projects. 

Last week I noticed I have a 25E bonus about to expire so I decided to play daily a bit of NL25 to clear it, it would be a shame to let it waste.

bonus.PNG.72d02c5a09b65e65f6f1adeaa87f849a.PNG

Cleared more than half of it. 

This summer I didn'y update my spreadsheet bcz I didn't grinded, I was playing some for fun from time to time, doing missions and stuff (it can be seen if my bonus was about to expire :Rofl:). There were some small cash game sessions, but I wasn't keeping track of them (it can be seen in the spreadsheet, the period between 26 May and 15 August).

My current BR:

722094578_br19Aug.PNG.65338efd8bfff93f63d67287d0328260.PNG

Road to 2k is not that far!

Good Luck to you all!!!

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Update:

I've played a bit that week to unlock the bonus, then I had a vacation.

Today I've logged in and saw the promotion with the Unibet Open Series Spins, so I decided to get the spins for today. I think I will try to find an hour daily to play so I can get the spins + I am close to the 2k mark.

I didn't had any interesting hands. Would you guys be interested in me sharing some hands?

br.PNG.a555dd848510aeb64ac2a0474b303fb0.PNG

Good Luck to you all!!!

• Like 6

@P0kerM0nk I posted before but I had no engagement on the hands, I don't want to bore you and since there is no hand history replayer of any kind, it is time consuming to write down manually every bet and stuff.

@Legend_Kileer Thank you!

Played a bit last few days, went ok I can't complain!

My Current BR:

br.PNG.5bc0dd6d28d8375610764535283a593a.PNG

Good Luck to you all!!!

• Like 5

Yeh no hand replayer is annoying, hope it works when we get the update this month as you can check your hand history in your profile but it doesn't work properly. Would be nice to run the replayer on old hands too. 
I take screenshots whilst playing if I want to have a look at equity later on or post on here. But it is indeed lots of work if you want to include every action. Good luck on reaching 2k!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Panamera thank you!

Update:

I reached 2k, actually I've reached 2k a week ago too, but didn't took a screenshot for the post, played after that and fall under 2k, so I waited to grind it out again. This week I had crazy swings, kind of a downswing hit me, but the tables were good and I managed to not lose much. Lost a lot of flips, overpairs vs underpairs all in preflop, all the standard setups.

For the moment I will stick with NL25, I now have the BR for NL50, but I've made some calculations and it's better for the moment to just stick with NL25 bcz I am not grinding alot, at NL50 the rake is higher and you need to make a lot of points to reach a good racekack percentage. If I find time and decide to grind more, I will definitely go for NL50. Meanwhile just stick to NL25 playing just to keep myself in shape, and ofc some NL50 sometimes when I don't have enough action at NL25.

My current BR:

995346413_br2k.PNG.33f4ca35e0b8f376c6f908110b31a648.PNG

35 to 2000 COMPLETED

Good Luck to you all!!!

• Like 9