35€ to 1000€ Challenge - It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop

RaulonY

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the last update I've played about 7.5hours, the tables were good but my run was terrible. In the last 2 sessions, I've lost every imaginable hand with nuts, for example in the last sessions lost 4 all ins preflop with AA < AKs, AA<QQ, KK<ATo, QQ<TT, but hey, that's part of the game, I can't complain when I 3bet KK, I got click 4bet and call to 100 bb shove with ATo :))

I'm very proud of my plays, even under this unlucky circumstances. I didn't tilted at all, played my A game and I managed to finish the session +37, keeping in mind that I was -120 after the first hour of playing :Rofl::Rofl::Rofl:

Let's hope for a better run the next sessions to finish the 1K challenge.

How do you guys get over the bad running sessions? It might be interesting to start a topic on that, we might find out some valuable informations.

1300016737_BR-1Nov.PNG.ea165b09548ad47603c7e3f7100d6108.PNG

Spreadsheet with my progress: https://bit.ly/2Zv3td2

PS: I might consider extending the challenge after the 1k, not sure yet, I'll think about it.

Good Luck to you all!!!

• Like 6

This morning I've played 1 hour, there were only 2 tables of NL25 so I had to mix in some NL10 tables too. It went ok, maybe I'll play an hour in the afternoon too, unfortunately this evening I can't play (the tables are crazy at night in the weekends) I need to go to a Bday party.

One step closer to achieving the 1k challenge.

279578628_br2nov.PNG.d61b8c405765504570de9ac74b8ade01.PNG

Good Luck to you all!!!

• Like 4

@RaulonY Hey, well done, you're doing great. Keep on Crushing. There are some peaks in the cash game traffic from my observation. #RomanianTime

You will find the most players at the CG tables starting from 21:00-22:00 and reaches the peak around 23:00-00:00 and starts to drop around 03:00-04:00 reaching a low point around 06:00-07:00 and then goes up again reaching another high point around 13:00-15:00 then drops once again and rises once more around 17:00:18:00 for another peak. It's like a snake. 😃 But this isn't set in stone, it's just what i've observed.

@Stubbe-Unibet Can you share what are the official peak hours to play? Thank you and also sorry in advance if this is sensitive information.

Much, love everyone. Have an awesome weekend. <3

• Like 4

@FreedoM yeah, thanks for the observation.

I know the nr of players is higher in the afternoon and in the evening, but unfortunately I can only play a few hours here and there when I have some spare time.

And since I'm trying to play 4 tables, it doesn't really affect me much, I can get that nr of tables most of the time.

And one more thing, in the afternoon and evening when the player pool is bigger, it's because a lot of regs are playing, I find the tables much softer in the morning for example, even if I can only get 3 tables of NL25 going, getting a better hourly than playing in the afternoon when a lot of regs are grinding.

You playing cash game, and if yes, what stakes?

Maybe we met at the tables.

• Like 2

Currently i try to finish the heating system in my house before the winter decides to show up for a date.
So not much poker played, except for some UOS MTTs and 4NL/10NL.
But i balance that with doing off the felt work like watching videos, reading articles/books, etc. Mostly Cash Game related.
About the playing when the regs sleep, used to do that in SNGs and your right, the games are much softer.
Hopefully when you reach 1k you will decide to keep sharing with us your wonderful journey, because its inspiring.
Thank you, have a nice weekend.

👍 :cash:

• Like 3

Didn't wanted to play today coz I'm sick, got the flu but I have a 10E cash tichet that was about to expire so I decided to play it. It was boring so I opened a few NL25 tables too. Lost a few stacks while going all in with nuts, was down like 100E at some moment, and I said I can't leave the tables defeated like this, all my last sessions were like the nike logo, losing in the beginning then recovering steadily :))1200px-Logo_NIKE_svg.thumb.png.97d00875d698411dabbf8df42de63eda.png

After 2 hours of grinding, managed to end in the green.

1932138659_BR-6Nov.PNG.489cb9091b5634abea5e3e4211448d76.PNG

Good Luck to you all!!!

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I had one of the worst sessions of my entire poker life. 

I didn't wanted to post anything now, I'm very dissapointed, I grinded 5:30, didn't tilt or spew, but ended up losing 280. I decided to make an effort and post imediately after the session, to let you guys know one more time that this things can happen, we need to look at this in the long run, there are no good days without the bad ones.

I don't like to complain about bad beats but this session was insane. Managed to lose almost every hand with nuts, didn't win a all in preflop in the whole session. Ran 3 times KK in AA, 2x QQ in KK, lost AA<KK, KK<99, and a few standard flips.

I should have closed the tables after minus 5 6 BI's, but they were so juicy, a lot of recreational players, and I decided to keep playing as long as I don't spew. I'm glad I've played well, probably not my A game the whole 5:30, but close to it.

I will try to grind the 1kBR this december, stay tuned!

1356579766_BR27NOV.PNG.6b5d427374fd8796ed969f46c562d287.PNG

Good Luck to you all!!!

• Like 4

@psrquack yes, 5-6 I kept switching tables for table selection.

Played 1h today, pretty standard session, nothing out of the ordinary.

I will try daily to see 90 flops for Santa's challenge. Thanks Unibet for that promotion, it's easier to stay motivated to play daily if you have some promotion.

What do you think guys, how many hours of grinding NL25 I will need to finish the 1k challenge? 

Leave your guess in a comment, maybe if there will be more guesses, I'll make a giveaway of some kind to the winner, don't know yet, I'm open to suggestions.

432974735_29Nov-P-Bar.PNG.385046a89d2076274647b20420542839.PNG

1336700039_BR29NOV.PNG.546cc4b93c1a0670fbab710f22e335e0.PNG

Good Luck to you all!!!

• Like 7

Sometimes PL10 Omaha, but that happens occasionally. It's really depends on table. If everyone folds and play finishes in the first street or so then 120+ hands could happen at 6max table within an hour. If there are many Daisy Daisys then much less.

@RaulonY wrote:

@psrquack yes, 5-6 I kept switching tables for table selection.

Played 1h today, pretty standard session, nothing out of the ordinary.

I will try daily to see 90 flops for Santa's challenge. Thanks Unibet for that promotion, it's easier to stay motivated to play daily if you have some promotion.

What do you think guys, how many hours of grinding NL25 I will need to finish the 1k challenge? 

Leave your guess in a comment, maybe if there will be more guesses, I'll make a giveaway of some kind to the winner, don't know yet, I'm open to suggestions.

1331193971_29Nov-P-Bar.PNG.893c72128abde14f0147cd555215140d.PNG

886881884_BR29NOV.PNG.f6f0b46e56c0dbdc3e73b29eab565ba2.PNG

Good Luck to you all!!!

@RaulonY  depends on how you run (not surprisingly :Secret: ) based on session done 20/10/2019 it would be less than 6 hours!

But to be 'realist' hardest part is to do last step, so my guess is:

37 hours of grind ahead of you! Wish you run good and don't loose your pants, keep us updated as usual :Popeye:

• Like 1

Hi guys!

I've played a few sessions this weekend, nothing special happened, won some sessions, lost a bit then, I'm currently at ~595.

To have some fun, I'm doing the Christmas Challenges, I'm grinding NL25 an hour here, an hour there when I feel like it, I really want to finish the challenge this month.

After finishing the challenge, I tought about something to give back to the community. Would any of you guys playing micro and small stakes, be interested in a few sessions of free coaching? 

If you guys would like something like that, we can work out a competition or some kind of selection process.

Let me know if you guys think you can use some coaching. I've seen guys grinding hard on small stakes, and it's a pitty they don't move up in stakes, there are so much more money to be made, just get a little bit outside of your comfort zone.

Feel free to comment any suggestions.

Good Luck to you all!!!

• Like 4