Brocky

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks @CuteRaven

I must admit it's hit me pretty hard. I live a fairly anti-social life these days with my office being in my living room so definitely bonded a lot with my GPs given I spend almost every day with them. I can't emphasise enough how great of a pet they are to anyone that is considering getting them. A lot more affectionate than you would ever imagine and intelligent as CR mentions above.

Need to get back on the grind soon though as there's always bills to pay but my sleeping pattern is seriously messed up and I'm missing the good hours to play at the moment.

• Like 2

Just found this blog when I was downswinging on HUSNGs. Pretty sick results overall mate 😃 Funny to see that we have played quite a lot against each other. I'm playing like 1k SNGs per month with ROI 2-6% with ABI of 20€ roughly.  I change my nick constantly to avoid people taking notes from me. Don't know is this really a good strategy since regs tend to sit on my lobby when they see an unknown player :happyshy:

Are you doing your graphs with Excel or Google Sheets? I tried to do similar but always ending up on a loop because when I copy the results from the account history I can't seem to be able to calculate buy-ins correctly. Up to this point I'm always requesting results-file from support but getting a graph like yours would be cool 😏

GLGL

• Like 1

@Soljanov wrote:

Just found this blog when I was downswinging on HUSNGs. Pretty sick results overall mate 😃 Funny to see that we have played quite a lot against each other. I'm playing like 1k SNGs per month with ROI 2-6% with ABI of 20€ roughly.  I change my nick constantly to avoid people taking notes from me. Don't know is this really a good strategy since regs tend to sit on my lobby when they see an unknown player :happyshy:

Are you doing your graphs with Excel or Google Sheets? I tried to do similar but always ending up on a loop because when I copy the results from the account history I can't seem to be able to calculate buy-ins correctly. Up to this point I'm always requesting results-file from support but getting a graph like yours would be cool 😏

GLGL

Hey,

Care to share any of your recent aliases?  Feel free to PM if you'd prefer ;)  Nice results too!  I'm a bit mixed on the whole changing aliases benefits.  I used to just play under one but these days I tend to play under new ones a lot of the time.  I completely agree with your reasoning though, I often feel like if a reg doesn't want to play me then I should stick to that alias and play as many recs as I can.

I use excel, it's a bit awkward because my currency is GBP but the games are in EUR.  I get around this by tracking my cumulative results in GBP, which is why my graphs are in GBP but I do formulas to convert the games into EUR for stats purposes.  

For example, if A1 is between £20-25 then it'll be marked as a 25 EUR, so just need to play around with formulas.  

• Like 1

@Brocky wrote:

Care to share any of your recent aliases? 

Last days I've been playing as Vaevictis1.

Also as AnnDroid, givememercy, BlackHawk8 and __---___----   I have played a bunch. Then sometimes I troll top regs as seferoo, TheNr24 and LEutenantHU :laugh:

I mean the Excel-problem is that the info on that account history of buy-ins is marked as dash and not as minus so Excel can't calculate them automatically. I guess I need to learn more those formulas that I can modify them easily. Not really want to to invest a lot of time eventhough I want graphs 😏

Results from last three months:

December

SNGs 1719

Rake 611,91€

Profit 1268,92€

ABI 11,87€

ROI 6,22%

January

SNGs 810

Rake 579,30€

Profit 968,82€

ABI 23,84€

ROI 5,02%

February

SNGs 1360

Rake 484,26€

Loss 311,60€

ABI 11,87€

ROI -1,93%

March has started pretty good so far :Cash1:

• Like 2

I definitely recognise your aliases but they don’t stand out massively which either means you’re not terrible or you don’t run insanely hot vs me :laugh:

You did give me a chuckle when you said LIEutentant is a top reg though!

How would you rate my game against those 3 players you mention? Sefero is the best of the 3 but runs ridiculous in card distribution, he just always has it. TheNr23 is not great but wins so many all ins that poker is easy for him.

I would give you my spreadsheet but its quite fiddly and I often update it which is just a hassle because I’ve given it to a couple of friends and it’s non-stop questions I could do without. Off the top of my head, make sure you’re copying from the poker section of ‘history’ and pasting as values. That may clear up the issue.

You should start your own blog here, I’d follow for sure! Gl

• Like 4

Not really much to update with poker, I've played 52 games in 4 days of March so far and I'm playing the worst poker I've played for about 10 years. I am making stupid bets, stupid calls, I'm getting tilted super quickly and I just cannot focus.

I'm heading to the gym for the first time in forever in an effort to try and get some anger/frustration from the past week/recent events out of my system. Any suggestions for what else I can do when feeling like this?

• Like 5

@Brocky wrote:

Any suggestions for what else I can do when feeling like this?

@Brocky  feel you man! Just think that some alcohol should also do the job - if not the case, you should better try more next time :happyshy: Hope that things go right way soon, you deserve some heater I would (and few of us as well) like to see graphs than cards fading your way ... good luck 👍

• Like 1

Gym + Meditation/Try to step back from everything for 5 minutes, and reflect/try practicing gratitude for what you have/accomplished and then try to fire yourself up to climb higher/achieve more, go outside your bubble/comfort zone. :happyshy:

• Like 2

I have also played a lot against LieutenantHU and NR23 (especially NR23) at the 10€ level. I know their games better than almost anyone elses that I play against :D.

I find sleep, excersize, some nice relaxing social events in good company, and nature, in no particular order seem to help most my mental state reset. Enough excersize seems to be crucial for my mental health in general (and how well I think and by extension play poker), so finding some form of excersize that you genuinely enjoy would probably be a good thing. I have also noticed that it is easy to play too much poker, burn yourself out a bit and fukk up your sleep rhythm (and I'm not even a pro so there is no pressure for me). I'm the type of person that tends to focus way too much on the things that interest me and I can forget other things in life, so it's important for me to be aware of that weakness (I haven't figured out how to fix that weakness yet though). Idk if you are similar.

• Like 1

@Brocky wrote:

... Any suggestions for what else I can do when feeling like this?

@Brocky, what works for me is to find a djembe drum & have a 2 or 3-hour drumming session & if that doesn't work then get a couple of boxes of ammo &  head to the shooting range. Both very good destressers mate...  give them a try., you'll be pleasantly surprized.

drumming.jpg.ab335dd23885ab327ca9bb41b58f0562.jpg      shoot.png.68b1f959418f7281f8071483f4629d59.png

• Like 2
Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

@MadAdo wrote:

@Brocky wrote:

Any suggestions for what else I can do when feeling like this?

@Brocky  feel you man! Just think that some alcohol should also do the job - if not the case, you should better try more next time :happyshy: Hope that things go right way soon, you deserve some heater I would (and few of us as well) like to see graphs than cards fading your way ... good luck 👍

@Brocky  thinking how can I help you -> got NEW advice much way golden than yesterday :speechless: ... just try SEX - that will works for sure -> own (not only) experience 👍

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt sex image
  • Like 2

@Brocky wrote:

You did give me a chuckle when you said LIEutentant is a top reg though!

How would you rate my game against those 3 players you mention? Sefero is the best of the 3 but runs ridiculous in card distribution, he just always has it. TheNr23 is not great but wins so many all ins that poker is easy for him.

I would give you my spreadsheet but its quite fiddly and I often update it which is just a hassle because I’ve given it to a couple of friends and it’s non-stop questions I could do without.

You should start your own blog here, I’d follow for sure! Gl

Well against those three guys I have played the most. I'm sure other players also change nicknames from time to time so can't be 100% sure who is who. Haven't seen sefero playing in a while but yeah he is the best from those three. I respect him a lot since he just knows to punish the maximum when he has range-advantage and puts you every time to a really tough spots.  Basically isn't a nit, doesn't limpfold too much and so on.

TheNr23 likes to play more like a preflopshove-style with Ax regardless of stack size. Seems to hit the ace pretty often so I feel you 🤣 Was playing €4 games like a few months ago so clearly has raised his ABI. 

Eutentant imo little bit too nitty and sometimes spazzy but still I'm not happy when I see him in front of me.

To be clear not claiming that I'm better than those people 😃

♣️♠️♥️♦️

About the Excel yeah I need to figure it out myself or else I'm spamming your blog with constant questions about the spreadsheet :happyshy:

I will think about that blogging-thingy for sure 👼

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the responses guys.  Funnily enough after talking about LIEutenant being terrible I made probably one of the worst river bet/calls vs his check/shove I've ever made in my life yesterday.  At that point I knew it was time to take a short break from poker.  I went to the gym yesterday and I'm going to go again in a few hours.  I felt a lot better for it yesterday but I found that I was still in a tilt-easily mood when I tried to play a couple of games.  One of my biggest issues is impatience and the guilt feeling of not doing a full grind.  For example, I will look at not playing today as a wasted day and I could easily end up just playing 1 x €100 game to get that quick buck, which is what I'm hoping I don't do.  A lot of the freedoms of being self employed actually turn into the opposite, whereby you feel obliged not to have 2 days off per week or take holiday.

Soljanov, I agree with your assessments of those players.  The 25s are very reggy these days, Akiskub, IMFAM0US, Amandaaaa just to name a few.  I really need to get back in my ego-challenge mood where I just battle the hell out of these players.  I'm too soft these days, give up the lobby too easily because I'm unmotivated or just want easier game selection.  

• Like 3

I am experiencing the same issues with being self employed as you do. I do not have a proper weekend at the moment and I don´t know how to fix it without losing tons of volume or end up playing at really inconvenient times