2019 - Success or bust has never been more finely balanced

Brocky

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice to see you updating here. Agree on AllinPav, his stream has decent and he is an example of how hard work can still get you places in poker.

Seems you're getting some motivation back, glad to see, just try make a new schedule after Malta and stick to it, routine is a great thing imo and should help with desire to play, general well-being etc

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Hey @TDW.

En route to the airport for a skiing holiday in Zakopane, Poland so might as well kill some time with an update.

2019'has definitely had its fair share of ups and downs.  The games on Unibet are ridiculously tougher now than they were 12 months ago, lots more regs and fewer splashy recs.  Results started well but I suffered 2-3 horrific downswings in the second part of the year, hence the lack of motivation to update and my decision to stop streaming.

I don't have a monetary figure for profit/loss but I'm still grinding full time so results must be good enough (although way down on where I would've hoped to be).  I will try and update with some graphs when I'm back at my computer after new year.  

2019 could've been so different if a few things at certain points during the year had gone slightly better.  Every time I took a shot at 100/200s it seemed like I could play a guy who would just jam all in every hand and would crush the life out of me.  I am probably down thousands at the 200s but I would be surprised if my EV wasn't positive.  I've also struggled in the reg battles at 25/50s in recent months but when confidence is low/running bad it's easy to doubt yourself so I've tried mixing up the hours I play to search for the softest times of the day. 

Definitely happier in some aspects of life but other things are compromised as a result.  I can often go a few days without leaving the house and I am living a very sedentary lifestyle these days.  Once again, I will be hoping to make positive changes as the new year rolls around, more volume, healthier eating etc.  

I'm also learning some JavaScript on the side as I eventually want to get out of poker but that's a while away for now.

Apologies this isn't more comprehensive but it's hard on the phone without graphs and I seem to have no cursor hence the paragraphs being all over the place. Have a good new year everyone.

• Like 9

@polarbear wrote:

we have to calculte revenue up to the origin country.....based on your info..you have to win at least each month 3 k pounds to be considered all good....as i said many times playing  poker for living is really hard and stressfull...we try to say often that we if "i will play more" , "if " "if" etc...but every month is not achievble by x reasons .playing poker is really fine for countryes as Belarus or something else where medium salary might be 200 euro /month .dont breackup realations only because of poker.she mght be right!....best of luck in the future and you might reconsider your future...you dont need stress

brocky----@polarbear Stress is relative.  In the heat of the moment poker is of course very stressful but working for the man as I had before was far more stressful and unenjoyable for me.  Thanks anyway though.

"I'm also learning some JavaScript on the side as I eventually want to get out of poker but that's a while away for now."

--my post it was written in March --

i was full time poker player for 4-5 years and since the moment i gived up playing for living i am more acomplished than ever before ...bought apartment , get married and now have a child ...and guess what ...a job payed better than playing for living ...and probly no more stress as i had in poker .

poker is better to play for some extra money ...when you have time for it

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Not a big update as I only got back from Poland on Saturday but a decent start to the new year.  My main games for 2020 are going to be the 25/50s with the 100/200s and any Hexas being games I probably only play when tilted or running well and taking shots.

Here's the 25/50s so far:

2020.thumb.PNG.ad3a6f19be2344c503c5fb473c9a16ca.PNG

Non-main games:

100s -€18 (3 wins from 6)

200s -€212 (1 win from 3)

100s Hexa +€300 (1 5x win from 2 games)

Bonus payments +€35

Total +€105

Week 1 profit = +€771

Almost forgot to mention how much I enjoyed skiing in Poland, lovely country!  Here's a couple of pics.

skiing.jpg.afb3876d51b2dd6c78f9b4bc44d6fbf6.jpg

zakopane.thumb.jpg.793709efaa1dc21fe5ba089adbe7459e.jpg

• Like 14

Yesterday was a bit meh.  I had a woman drive into the side of my car causing a load of damage and hassle with insurance companies as a result.  Started the grind tilted which was compounded by not being able to win a game at the start.  First €100 of the day I lost from 1940 vs 60, lovely.  Played a €100 Hexa and had QQ into KK, played another and a guy open jams AQ with the other player calling 64 (for 25bb) and hitting a straight.  Very next hand I get AT so I open jam expecting him to call with any old junk, he has AA 🤣 I also lose a €200 HU just to top things off.

I then bink a 5x to save the first part of the session but still €200 down at this point, take a break to try and get back into the right frame of mind.  Saved the day nicely towards the end even if volume wasn't great (games were dead).  

0901202.thumb.PNG.c766f3728758fa93fc40a82da86e1552.PNG

On the plus side, the 25/50s grind for the month is going well:

2550s.thumb.PNG.9d14f862a4883ac01484a589bdeceea0.PNG

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately it's been a rough couple of weeks, had some stuff going on away from the tables as well which hasn't been helpful and sort of lost focus. I'm definitely finding myself getting bored of playing the same games and same stakes, especially with the games being considerably tougher than they were a year ago.

I really want to get back into streaming but I'm not going to be stream HUSNGs for obvious reasons so I'm looking for some suggestions/inspiration. Which games would you watch if I were to stream? Cash? MTTs? Hexa? Would likely do a bankroll challenge, €100 to 10k, €1k to 20k etc. Would like to hear some ideas please as I'm at a loss these days, motivation is waning.

• Like 4

Triple Crown: means playing a UO final stage, Supernova and Big Bang in the same week. Routes: Supernova, Big Bang: €1-€5-€25 MTT regular MTT qualifiers then the €25 Super Qualifiers, UO: you can choose between the €1 or €2 route.

• Like 2

@Brocky It seems that lack of motivation and boredom are becoming common themes running through a lot of threads at the moment, me included. I'm going to start a really basic cash based challenge next week, but to be honest I don't really know what to suggest for you. @psrquack's idea looks interesting, a couple of hours a night trying to get into the bigger tourneys or the UOS could provide a straightforward stream every night, hopefully we could follow your progress up the leaderboards. Hope you do stream though whatever you go for. 👍

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Thanks for the responses guys.  MTTs are definitely an option and I've always wanted to grind up the satellite trees, just never put the time in.  The issue with 5 man SNGs is I would likely 9-12 table and that would be very hard to keep up with given a lot of the action will be heads up/3 handed.  

I'll have a look at the MTT/satellite offerings today and see what the deal is.

• Like 5

The plan is likely going to be something like:

€500 starting bankroll, €10 and below games, moving up when bankroll increases.

Mornings will be HUSNGs and 5 mans with some UK/UOS sats and the odd MTT thrown in.

Afternoon/evenings will see me move towards a fuller MTT schedule with fewer SNGs.

I'm hoping that the variety can keep things interesting and I should be able to get decent volume in all game types.  I'm very good at planning big things in my head then not following through with them (the 10k Hexapro challenge for example) but I'm hoping that I'll be able to do super long streams with the planned schedule (provided I'm enjoying it).

I need to buy a new microphone as my guinea pig decided it would be fun to chew through that and my new £200 headphones that I got for Christmas, lovely!

B50712E1-AB17-4026-B1B1-4E6753C1DA42.thumb.jpeg.70b10216349b6398d8a1c59ea34fa4fa.jpeg

• Like 10

I'm looking forward to it @Brocky. The one thing I would recommend, seeing you've mentioned long streams, is consistency. No more diving in for half an hour then shutting down with tilt or whatever, ten minutes here, twenty minutes there. 😠 A regular schedule will help build a base of followers and hopefully you'll get some deep runs going and the audience can tag and build a rail. 

577934635_Screenshot(1470).png.820ab2ccb647441eccffdca86def5ee6.png 

805829229_Screenshot(1471).png.01f0eeeb9daeeaa350a1ccd257e2b50c.png

• Like 7

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@DoktorAvalanche wrote:

The big buy-in Unibet MTTs would be most interesting to me.

Good luck.

Will be playing some satellites so fingers crossed can qualify for a few.  Thanks mate.

The plan is to start streaming later today, probably around midday-1pm UK time.  I think I've fixed the microphone so we should be good to go.  

• Like 4

7eef6912461881.56269f5796684.jpg

I think your showing up and disappearing is enough entertaining. :Rofl:

I am taking a bets on this matter. :Smile:
Odds are as follow:
1,80 on stream running till March
3.00 stream running till May
6.00 stream running till July
10.000.000 stream running till the end of 2020.

Special markets:
How many tilting will there be on second stream: 10,5 (over/under) priced 1,80-1,80
How many streaming staff will suffer along his stream journy: 4,5 (O/U) priced 1,80-1,80
Will he ever do the dishes,while his stream carrier last? 0,5 (Y/N) priced 2,00-1,80

I am accepting "odds on request".
I know,only Unibet have worst odds out there. :Speechless:
No appologize for this! My moto on this is,take it or leave it!!! :Cash:

On serious side,good luck on your journy @Brocky,but I am concern this time it will ends up as usually.You are losing mental fights,and I am sure you are well aware of that!
@WuDu I know he is on your sniper aim,but a few words of encouragement?! 

• Like 2