2019 - Success or bust has never been more finely balanced

Brocky

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

Sad to say Town have been dreadful this year and two years is par for the course, same as last time they were in the top flight over 40 years ago.:teardrop: I just hope they don't go the way of so many teams recently that have slipped away, they are after all only a small team in the scheme of things. They've had their adventure and hopefully they'll settle at their correct level.

Well done on the Tiger bet, I didn't really want him to win but you've got to admire the man's character to get another Major after 10 years, just shows what strength of mind can do.

Is this "hungover" a permanent thing or can it be controlled? 🤣

Haha I wish I could control it!  

Just on a side note, there may be a chance I can get my Stars account back but it would cost me $1,770.  Would it be worth it, given the opportunities it would offer or am I being stupid for even considering spending such an amount?

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just on a side note, there may be a chance I can get my Stars account back but it would cost me $1,770.  Would it be worth it, given the opportunities it would offer or am I being stupid for even considering spending such an amount?

@Brocky  I missed any news? 

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

Not so long story short, my Stars account was closed 11 years ago for playing underage and they reimbursed $1770 of losses because my dad complained to them about letting me on the site. I *think* there's a chance they'll let me reopen it if I pay the negative balance of $1770. I've created many Stars accounts over the years with varying levels of success but all have eventually been closed. The $20k win was on an account in my gf's name (hehe) but that account was also permanently closed for association to mine.

I feel like the opportunity of having another site, especially one for big MTTs is great, but is $1.8k too much? It is a lot of money.

• Like 1

If they let you play under your name and won't be any disadvantage in the future then you have to pay that amount. Unfortunately having a Stars account when you want to play big tournaments and you are a regular player is a must. On the other hand, if you have a good rakeback deal at Party then you can skip the offer, but you should consider the situation wisely.

• Like 1

That's the thing, providing it will be a clean account/fresh start with no worries about getting any winnings off then that is worth a lot in my opinion. Unfortunately I'm banned from Party too; I self excluded myself from Betfair 6-7 years ago and they bought Party recently which meant my self exclusion then got applied to my Party account, mental.

Just for the record I only have one Unibet account and don't break any of the rules 🤣

Nahhh would not pay that amount to open a account. But understand the feeling of wanting to do so. So the cash you won got frozen on your gf’s account? And how could they found out that you were playing in her name? Sounds really strange.

can you reopen party? They have pretty much MTTs as I have understood.

@Silver1 wrote:

Nahhh would not pay that amount to open a account. But understand the feeling of wanting to do so. So the cash you won got frozen on your gf’s account? And how could they found out that you were playing in her name? Sounds really strange.

can you reopen party? They have pretty much MTTs as I have understood.

It was super weird, about 5-6 months ago when I opened the gfs account they asked for the relationship to an account they'd banned of mine (another story - I opened a stars acc in my name ~2014 and played for 1-2 years on it, verified, but it got flagged up for some reason when Full Tilt and Pokerstars merged, don't know why).  I said no relationship, never heard of the name and they bought it.  Played for a while on the gfs account withdrawing hundreds here and there, then I bink 20k and they close the account BUT let me withdraw (yet no reimbursement for the $215 sunday mill ticket I had).  So I got the money off but now no account?  It was almost like they couldn't prove we knew each other but didn't want her/me playing.

Unfortunately with a self exclusion there's no going back, the gaming sites would lose their license if they did.  Pokerstars isn't a self-exclusion though so there's a chance.

I did a permanent closure unfortunately, tbh I'm not even sure I used the words "self exclude" but I think I'd lost a decent amount and was pissed off at their lack of cashback/rewards so told them to just permanently close my account. I'm going to try again but not holding out much hope.
  • Like 1

My Party account will be active tomorrow afternoon but not heard a thing back from Pokerstars (their support is terrible).  I want to do a stream tonight of either some Unibet MTTs or high stakes HUSNGs but I'll have to get permission from the gf 🤣

• Like 4

Apologies for the terrible stream. Stupidly tried to get it all set up when I had 8 tables up so that was a nightmare, then nothing seemed to work, then ran terrible in all ins etc.

Going to regroup, spend a couple of hours improving it and hopefully be back tomorrow.

Not much to really talk about. Poker has been going pretty horrible recently, that one tournament aside. I wrote a lonnngggg post about the problems with rake on Unibet, specifically HU (but also cash) and ended up just deleting it because I don't think the Unibet guys are interested in changing the current structure. Long story short, as more regs move to Unibet and heads up becomes more solved from a GTO perspective the games are just becoming unbeatable when battling regs given the current rake/reward structure. Someone playing 2k games per month at the 50s only earns around 26% rakeback which just isn't enough imo. I also don't believe Unibet will ever grow above what it is as a result. People choose Unibet for the soft games but when the games are no longer soft you're just left with a site that is like lots out there unfortunately.

Just to clarify, my above points aren't based on me not winning recently, I've had these concerns for a few months but never could be bothered to type them up as I didn't feel there was any point. It's quite sad because we're at a point where people are clambering to find a new site to play on but there's just nobody willing or able to step up. Pokerstars have been making horrible decisions over the past few years, Party is bot-infested and Run It Once which promised so much has delivered so little. Unibet have proven with the UOS that if you build it, players will come. The problem is everything is justified with "for the recreational" on here, despite the recs not really caring. For example, regs change their alias far more often than recs do in the heads up world. Anyway, enough about that, just have to make the best of the situation, work harder and game select more.

Big grind back at the 25/50s incoming.

• Like 2