2019 - Success or bust has never been more finely balanced

Brocky

Well if you follow the thread you'll see that I crush the mid-stakes time and time again before getting ❤️♥️❤️ed at higher stakes. As I said, those who have watched the stream know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I'm not here to justify what stakes I'm playing to anyone, it is what it is.

Love it when micro stakes players tell me what I'm doing wrong though x 

• Like 3

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read the posts again and for me is clear that he needs new impressions. Will he find it at Stars or at Party? Ofc and he will find out why someone calls it Jokerstars. I'm sure he will find a bigger pool (only Stars and Party are available for that), not so reg friendly environment(at PS) some rakeback(like at Party) and many newly joined well known regs and fishes(Party). Btw good luck @Brocky and thanks all the fishes.

Sorry if I came across as a bit of a ❤️♥️❤️ the other day, I was a few beers deep but I do stand by my long-standing opinion in here that a blog should be honest and that's exactly what mine is.  For those of you who have watched my stream you'll know I wear my heart on my sleeve and with that comes a lot of emotion, both good and bad.  I apologise if I've offended anyone but ultimately I was on a pretty horrible downswing, again, and I don't need anyone telling me whether what stakes I should or shouldn't be playing because it just makes me not want to blog.

Anyway, on slighlty more upbeat news, my biggest MTT score:

mtt.PNG.534c614b604445e50e0033c35aa82f26.PNG

• Like 8

Not much to report really other than I will most likely be coming back to Unibet.  Having lots of trouble getting my winnings from Pokerstars and I don't think it's going to be worth the hassle going forward, even if MTTs are my preferred choice.  As soon as you win a big score they make it an absolute mission to get your money.

A few other things:

Made day 2 of a local MTT, £130 buy in, I have 113k going into 1200/2400, probably around 25-30 runners left.  Starts at 6pm tonight.

Streaming will be back if/when I move to Unibet!  I have generally avoided streaming on Stars/Party for reasons some of you will know about.

As I didn't make the 1.25m mark I received something like 190k points carried over into this quarter which gave me some bonuses/cash.  Lost around 80 euros worth of bonus points but had about 60 euros in cash so decided to play a 50e Hexa this morning.

hexa.thumb.PNG.6d3218e1a1b03f2199b4cebf90cca5fa.PNG

• Like 6

I never thought this 10 years before but now you don't have real choice if you want to play poker. There are cash out issues at room1, jackpotsng -mafia at room2, lack of traffic at room3, ban for winning players at room4, anti reg weapons at room 5, geolock due to gambling laws at room6 etc.It's impossible to find a solid room with good traffic, various gametypes, good cash out/options and responsible management.

• Like 3

@psrquack wrote:

I never thought this 10 years before but now you don't have real choice if you want to play poker. There are cash out issues at room1, jackpotsng -mafia at room2, lack of traffic at room3, ban for winning players at room4, anti reg weapons at room 5, geolock due to gambling laws at room6 etc.It's impossible to find a solid room with good traffic, various gametypes, good cash out/options and responsible management.

There's almost always an issue.  If you play on a site with the most traffic and best security you have the most regs, toughest games etc.. If you play on softer sites you win more at the tables but have other issues such as security, withdrawals, traffic etc.  

@GR1ZZL3R I miss you too matey! Won't be long until I'm back <3

• Like 3

Unfortunately it looks like Pokerstars is no more for me.  Not to be too disheartened by the news I logged into Unibet this morning with a positive attitude, fresh for the day of grinding ahead.

4.PNG.94f132feafd6423982ae0e9382e47b47.PNG

3.PNG.d84536f11348a0bba0fab869d8bd5379.PNG

I c/r flop from 120 to 360 setting up an easy turn jam here.  

1.PNG.254412168844713983b7f300ec0aeefc.PNG2.PNG.46670cb84b73ee2b45672ff7c9cd4b74.PNG

I'm not one to try and look at 3 hands as a sample of running bad, I just really, really can't be arsed anymore.  The heads up grind is no longer fun for me and it is quite literally becoming a grind.  It's hard to want to sit here for 8-9 hours battling against the ❤️♥️❤️ above when I should be printing money.  I log in, I play a few heads ups, I log out, that is the pattern of how bored of it I am right now.

I also lost most of the Hexapro win yesterday at the heads up tables.  Obviously the bankroll is fine after the Stars MTT victory but mentally I'm bored ❤️♥️❤️less.  

• Like 3

Just doing what I can to tick over at the moment.  Span a 10x first game on at the 25s today and managed to take it down then played 1 x 25 euro heads up and won that.  Took my 250 euro profit for 10 minutes work and that was me done for the day 🤣

Went to the Spurs vs Man City match as I'm a Spurs fan.  Amazing result, first time for me at the new stadium as well, absolutely incredible.  

stadium.PNG.4235777673c5cf847f9bb4f0cc7ce77a.PNGimage.thumb.png.08069510372e0633b2df9843ba2641ad.png

• Like 4

@cris1285 wrote:

Ahh, are you a Spurs fan? Should be a fantastic night in a great arena, and nearly perfect result. I guess you have no voice to do a stream today 😃 

One of the perks of being self employed, not having to get up for work when you're massively hungover!

• Like 2

A massive 8 games played today at the 50s. Won 7 of them, €279 profit. Not exactly exciting times but over double what I would’ve warned busting my balls for 8 hours in my previous job.
  • Like 2

@Brocky wrote:

A massive 8 games played today at the 50s. Won 7 of them, €279 profit. Not exactly exciting times but over double what I would’ve warned busting my balls for 8 hours in my previous job.

Steady on @Brocky you'll be playing less than me soon, still making a touch more profit though. Good video, interesting thought processes, it all makes sense when you delve into it. Why not try to do 1 a day or 2-3 a week if you actually play enough hands? 🤣

Will watch some UOS if you do them.👍

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Great video. As you know I’m a big fan of the hero call and trusting instinct. Especially at live events when everyone stares open mouthed saying wow and you’re just casually stacking chips thinking ‘like a boss’.

And if it goes wrong and you look like a clown it’s just as easy to use that to your advantage in a later hand too lol

• Like 3

Cheers boys, glad you enjoyed it. Planned on it being a few minutes long and when I finished it I saw it was over 12 minutes thinking wtf nobody is going to watch that.

I like what you say about using image in your favour MetalWolf, definitely one of the reasons I don't hate not changing alias at times.

Quick update - As you're probably aware I generally start each day with a few hundred in the account, top up if I lose, withdraw if I win etc. A good way to not lose too much in a bad day but one of the issues is I feel like I'm always underrolled for the games because I have 8-9 buy ins in the account, even if I have 300+ sitting in a bank account. Weird mentality, I find it hard to explain but say I start with 500 euros for the 50s and I'm down to 100, it's quite tilting that I'm about to 'bust' my account so to speak.  Also, never feel like I'm making any money because all winnings get instantly transferred to an account I don't even have access to.  

As a result I decided to put 600 in the account the other day and just spin it up. I've got plenty in the bank to cover bills for a few weeks so let's try not withdrawing and see what happens. Just over 48 hours later I have around 1620 euros. I'm playing all kind of random stakes but I'm looking at it as the initial 600 investment, which I can afford to lose after the tournament win. Tonight I've played 4 games, 1 x 50, 2 x 100 and 1 x 200. I lost the 50 and won the rest, so 326 euros profit for 30 mins work.

Football tomorrow, back at the new stadium but a slightly less glamorous fixture in Huddersfield (bottom of the league). See you Sunday <3

Edit:  Forgot to add, deposited £200 in an online betting account, got to £400, withdrew £300, put £30 on a football acca (Leicester to beat Newcastle at home let me down in the first leg) and £70 worth of golf bets.  £10 on DeChambeau (7/1) and £60 on Tiger Woods (14/1).  DeChambeau had a stinker today and is a few shots behind but Woods is only one off the lead and now priced around 7/1.  Would be a lovely £900 return were it to come in and seeing Woods, an idol of mine growing up, win another major.  

• Like 3

@Brocky  Nice to see you back on the winning trail and Interesting thoughts on the br management. I try not to check mine during the day, if it's going down it's panic time and if it's shooting up, (rare occurance) I want to stop playing to "protect" it. Weird how the mind works.

How very dare you call the mighty Terriers less glamorous. We've beaten @MetalWolf's Wolves twice this year so should have no problem against a Cockerel. 🤣 Just in case we should by some weird set of circumstances lose, my second string City are lying in wait to finish the job off. Please wear the dayglow special "Brocky" T-shirt so I can see you on tv. Anyway, have a great day.

Any plans for the UOS?

• Like 3

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@Brocky  Nice to see you back on the winning trail and Interesting thoughts on the br management. I try not to check mine during the day, if it's going down it's panic time and if it's shooting up, (rare occurance) I want to stop playing to "protect" it. Weird how the mind works.

How very dare you call the mighty Terriers less glamorous. We've beaten @MetalWolf's Wolves twice this year so should have no problem against a Cockerel. 🤣 Just in case we should by some weird set of circumstances lose, my second string City are lying in wait to finish the job off. Please wear the dayglow special "Brocky" T-shirt so I can see you on tv. Anyway, have a great day.

Any plans for the UOS?

Since I’ve started renting and playing for a living ive become similar in terms of stopping playing when I’m winning as I want to protect my profit yet 8 years ago I would just play and play and play until I physically could no more.  

No offence meant about the mighty Terriers 🤣 I think I read Harry Kane was the top scorer in the premier league at your stadium!? 

I ended up getting to bed about 6am and was up at half 8, hungover, tired and starting to get a cold/flu; feel like I’m swallowing razor blades.  

I was contemplating doing the leaderboards for UOS but probably not worth me committing to all of the PLO high events as I’ll get crushed & social commitments will impact my ability to play all events as well.  As a result I’ll just pick and choose a few plus will probably invest some money into other people playing them.  

You going to be playing? 

• Like 1

Hope today's result doesn't make you any sicker. 🤣 

I intend to play the nanos and low as long as I don't get too annoyed, so I'll just see how it goes. 

Enjoy the day if you can, sounds like you're a bit rough, going to watch all the action now. Cheers. 👍

• Like 1

Sorry to say Gr1z but Huddersfield were one of the worst teams I've seen at the Lane for a long, long time.

Really hungover today, played one 50 euro UO satty and busted but that account bankroll I was talking about still sits at 1850 so happy enough. Just sweating my £60 on Tiger Woods at 14/1 now, looking good at the moment.

• Like 1

Sad to say Town have been dreadful this year and two years is par for the course, same as last time they were in the top flight over 40 years ago.:teardrop: I just hope they don't go the way of so many teams recently that have slipped away, they are after all only a small team in the scheme of things. They've had their adventure and hopefully they'll settle at their correct level.

Well done on the Tiger bet, I didn't really want him to win but you've got to admire the man's character to get another Major after 10 years, just shows what strength of mind can do.

Is this "hungover" a permanent thing or can it be controlled? 🤣

• Like 1