2019 - Success or bust has never been more finely balanced

Brocky

we have to calculte revenue up to the origin country.....based on your info..you have to win at least each month 3 k pounds to be considered all good....as i said many times playing  poker for living is really hard and stressfull...we try to say often that we if "i will play more" , "if " "if" etc...but every month is not achievble by x reasons .playing poker is really fine for countryes as Belarus or something else where medium salary might be 200 euro /month .dont breackup realations only because of poker.she mght be right!....best of luck in the future and you might reconsider your future...you dont need stress

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Silver1 wrote:

Why do you not play cash game? Maybe you have answered the question before in the blog(?). GL with the MTT grind mate, think it can be a nice move. And there are still lots of less skillful players in the MTT fields but also more grinders then a couple of years ago.

Hi mate, a couple of reasons really.  Firstly, cash is my weakest game by far.  I am far too aggressive in cash games, likely because I overvalue hands.  After playing so much heads up, where top pair is a really strong hand, I often overvalue hands such as one pair in cash games at 100-150bb deep which is very costly.  Secondly, I also really don't enjoy the format as there's no excitement whatsoever.  I think a big part of our edge against recreationals in SNGs/MTTs comes from them not being able to adapt to changing blind levels.  For example, when the blinds get big in a heads up game, a recreational player may be folding a lot of hands they should be shoving because they don't realise that <10bb means your hands are a lot stronger than they are at 25bb.

@polarbear Stress is relative.  In the heat of the moment poker is of course very stressful but working for the man as I had before was far more stressful and unenjoyable for me.  Thanks anyway though.

@pinki Of course mate! 🆒

It's amazing what a change can do for enthusiasm.  I actually can't wait to get grinding today where recently, even when running well, heads up has felt like a chore.  I'm going to be doing some research on schedules today, will likely be adding in some of the 5 man SNGs on Unibet when I need more tables/volume.  Will try and find a good way of streaming with so many tables, any ideas? Might need to go back to having a delay?

@Brocky   the delay must be, there is no other/better way. Interaction with chat should also be smaller with a large number of tables,  but it also depends on you, maybe you're doing very well with multitasking ;)  

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@Brocky   i hate this coolers in deep run ;)  The best of the best was on Party(i played there only few) and Stars. I remeber two :

1.  4/24/4.5k+:  AK and flop: AKK, big bets and calls, turn and river: 9 9 , villian: 99 and he was 5th with -3BB.

2.  2/30/1-2k+  i dont remeber GTD ;/? AJo: open 2.2  and only flat call from BB:  JJX, turn-river: A, brick. Bets,, allins on the river,  and ofcourse AA in the villian's hand :)

i always asked: why with players with similar stack? :wonder:  why not with shortstacks or 1/2 my stack?😠  after loose couples BB's left  from ~100BB ;/

@pinki wrote:

@Brocky   i hate this coolers in deep run ;)  The best of the best was on Party(i played there only few) and Stars. I remeber two :

1.  4/24/4.5k+:  AK and flop: AKK, big bets and calls, turn and river: 9 9 , villian: 99 and he was 5th with -3BB.

2.  2/30/1-2k+  i dont remeber GTD ;/? AJo: open 2.2  and only flat call from BB:  JJX, turn-river: A, brick. Bets,, allins on the river,  and ofcourse AA in the villian's hand :)

i always asked: why with players with similar stack? :wonder:  why not with shortstacks or 1/2 my stack?😠  after loose couples BB's left  from ~100BB ;/

Puke!  Nothing worse than busting a tournament so deep after so many hours in a sick fashion. 

Busted 15th as previously mentioned with the AA vs AK.  Then just had this in the bounty builder with $1k + bounties up top, 16 left and this for the chip lead.  All in on flop.

bb.PNG.13d0da8b582106e519e534f19399750c.PNG

Sickening.

• Like 1

@MadAdo wrote:

@Brocky  so me loosing couple cents seems meaning-less in this context ? :geek:

@MadAdo  ii doesn't matter cents 1.1$, 2,2$ or 22$ - it always hurts.  but this coolers in  large fields are to heavy for me,   ie. in featured  6th to 1st =  ~x90-450 BI's :/  below you have prizes for Top 3 on Unibet and you often get it here in couple hours not in 9h+ ;) 

For me personally MTTs with max 1.5k players would be in my schedule with some serious grinding with 10-15 tables and  propably all micros (1-5euro) on  Unibet  + few from  PP/Stars. Large fields only few  in the week for fun without higher expectations  :)

• Like 2

Yesterday was horrible, also made a final table in which I busted 5th after being 2/5. Lost a flip vs a shorty then had 2p vs flush draw on the turn and busted. Played an evening session and couldn't get anything going. Made a small profit but should've been so much more. Busted almost everything this morning as well, got a couple left on Stars but not even in the money yet.

On a side note, I'm ~80k points away from the UO package. I have 6 days (more like 4-5 because of commitments), I need to play about 1000 25eur games to get the necessary points which is pretty crazy but it's worth 1250eur cash or a 2k package so pretty tempting. I think if I can not run terrible at the start I should have the motivation to do it.

Thanks Gr1z!  Super frustrating start, there's a challenge where the flop needs to be heart, diamond club and I needed 1 more of these for 7k points to get the ball rolling.  I STILL haven't had a single flop like that yet so I'm just stuck not receiving points.  Will try for a bit longer but then just going to give up I think.  These challenges are stupid.

On the plus side, building a stack nicely in a $22 mtt on Stars.  3/22 after this hand:

• Like 2

Finished 4th. Went from chip leader to out in 4th after running pair into overpair twice. Actually unreal how I'm running in these spots. Dublin chip leader with 6 left, busted in 6th. Yesterday 2/5, busted in 5th, today CL with 4 left, busted in 4th. The coolers are unreal.

Ok guys, well I am officially done with Unibet.  The ❤️♥️❤️ that I have to go through whenever I move up the stakes time and time and time and ❤️♥️❤️ time again is too much.  It's just ridiculous.  I will be playing on Stars/Party from now on, will be streaming as well, you guys know where to find me if you wanna catch up but I doubt I'll be posting on here anymore.  It's been a pleasure guys and gals but it's not realistic that I can play the 25s and somewhat the 50s normally with seemingly not a massive amount of variance but whenever I move up to the 100s/200s I just can't seem to win a 40%, I get coolered more times than I can remember but I don't seem to get them the other way?  Either way, my bankroll can't sustain the constant bull❤️♥️❤️.  Well done to the regs at the 100s/200s, your life must be so easy.  

On a side note, I feel like Unibet isn't what is once was.  The games are getting a lot tougher but nothing is done to change the blind lobbies or even the rake.  3% rake at the 200s isn't sustainable unless you're playing a thousand of them a week and you get 60% RB.  No idea how the 100eur Hexapro players are making any money

You've gotta love it when you lead for pot on the turn in a raised pot and guys can't fold their 16% hands:

1.PNG.87359a5f54756786a90f138c7217f1fc.PNG

Or when you check raise the flop and shove the turn and you just know you're never going to hold:

2.PNG.38c00d99ba13b1ee75c44013473b3c7b.PNG3.PNG.471fe0e22755553ad0c28056016eb68c.PNG

Nothing like getting a 300eur Hexapro, getting it in with kings and just knowing after that flop that some backdoor ❤️♥️❤️ is coming:

8.PNG.70221c98f9634a95ae7b39df1711f2a3.PNG

Or how about being all in pre 4 times on the other table and not holding once?

7.PNG.e7fe1114269d3c1d56d1fe388a28a6c5.PNG6.PNG.abd34eae87236d03e64b550bc3ea8fb3.PNG5.PNG.222efa9d11d6e3917019358e869313c2.PNG4.PNG.d1d0c4d2d24f9cf076af82c1dba2b224.PNG

Yet when I get it in as a 40% I'm pretty much flopped dead?  Oh, thanks.

9.PNG.73f737ed59034f8f983b030646bff830.PNG

I know a few games means nothing in a vacuum but when you get ❤️♥️❤️ like this, which those of you who've watched my stream can attest to, every single ❤️♥️❤️ time I play the higher stakes, there comes a point where enough has to be enough.  

Please give my Twitch a follow and hopefully will chat to a few of you guys soon <3

A massive thanks to those who have been active in here.  @GR1ZZL3R @pinki @MadAdo @MetalWolf @FreedoM @psrquack @DoktorAvalanche just to name a few.  Sorry if I've missed you out!

• Like 6

Haha, nah I'm done. I've got a couple of MTT tickets to use but when you do something for a living and you don't enjoy it, you shouldn't do it. I feel like the more and more I keep taking shots at the higher stakes it's simply going to lead me to having a ❤️♥️❤️ heart attack or something. Whether it's legit or not will never ever be able to be disproved but what I do know is that I'm no longer comfortable playing these games in their current form.
  • Like 1

@XY wrote:

House On Haunted Hill GIF

See you on Saturday @Brocky ...

@WuDu maybe a few words of support?

As someone who has been doomswitched for the better part of the last 4 months, I'm not going to be piling up here. Just one thing: This whole blog started with @Brocky planning to play the 25 Euro HU SNGs and what do I see now in the latest post? 200 Euro SNGs, 100 Euro Hexapros, a potential switch to MTTs. Dude, wtf? Having said that, I'm looking forward to your next blog post in a few hours... 

• Like 4
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"