2019 - Success or bust has never been more finely balanced

Brocky

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the time has come to no longer be DianeAbbott. For those of you not familiar with British politics, she is a politician with probably the worst basic maths skills you've ever seen and I only ever created it as a bit of a joke but as I'm looking to build a twitch/twitter following going forward I think I need to be a bit smarter with my name. I'm not 100% on what I will change it to yet but will update accordingly.

Going to try and stream to a fixed schedule as opposed to all over the place which I'm currently doing. There'll likely be a mix between HU and MTTs with some streams being no delay (hole cards hidden) and the rest with a short delay. I've not taken streaming massively seriously recently but it's definitely part of my plan from now on.

For anyone that's tuned in before I'd be interested to hear feedback, what's good/bad (be honest!). I am aware my equipment is fairly basic for now and I'm going to work on how to upgrade features on the stream but if anyone is good with Twitch then any help would be much appreciated. Planning on a stream tonight if I can get everything up and running how I want it. Much love.

• Like 4

Good idea changing the name, it's funny as a joke for a while, but then you're stuck getting called a very awkward name without the funny context, by everyone, for eternity :speechless: . It's super annoying. I'd recommend not making a super long name the way lappin made at first, davidlappinpokerstreamtwitch or something like that :laugh:  

• Like 1

Yeh couldn't really agree more. I laughed for a while but then it got a bit weird so definitely time for a change. I was initially thinking 'Brocky' after my surname of Brock but that's taken. BrockyPoker is an option but would rather not have poker in the name if possible. I own 'Brockstaa' on another account which I could use, was also thinking could have some Rockstar song/lyric as the music that plays when someone subs/follows because of the rhyming. Thoughts?
  • Like 3

For me Brocky sounds better but Brockstaa has also credentials. The first is the classic nickname, the second refers better to the spirit of the age. If you have extroversion in personality then Brockstaa is better.

• Like 1

I wasn't a big stream follower much preferring to play rather than watch someone else, which I thought would be pretty boring, but am following Davitsche fairly regularly when not playing, as I normally play mainly cash, and he does give out a lot of info.

However recently I have cut back on the playing side, dropping the cash after a horrendous run (yeah, I know everyone says that 🤣) setting up a sng challenge and trying to qualify for the UK Tour events, playing just 2-3 hours per day. I've flitted in and out of your streams and found them pretty interesting, watching how a pro handles the ups and downs of variance, (not always well) although I don't play HU, and particularly enjoyed the mtt the other night, seeing every hand played out rather than edited highlights, so some sng action would be great for me to follow.

Regular times has to be a plus as you can hopefully build a following, a tough job these days with so many choices on offer. It was a little awkward chatting with a 4 min delay, everyone seemed to be playing normally with no excessive tanking, and we seemed to cope, but reducing it to 2 1/2 mins made it much easier. David usually plays live, covering the hole cards and replaying interesting spots after the hand, but obviously not always giving too much away in some instances, mainly re-visiting the standard spots, but this afternoon has played his cards open with a 3 minute delay but feeling he's more disconnected from his followers due to the time lapse. 

Personally I like seeing the cards even though the chat is more awkward, I can try to play the hand as though it were mine, or follow you're line of reasoning where it (sometimes) differs from mine*.

Give both a try and see what you're more comfortable with and what feedback you get, and best of luck from fanboy GR1ZZL3R 🤣 

*I wouldn't have shoved those threes, but then again I probably wouldn't have called with the sixes. 👍 

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Thanks mate, that tournament was a real struggle. I spent an hour or two without ever really getting above 100-140k so definitely had to try and make my own luck but laddering was nice. By the time we got 3 handed and I was the short stack with 20-22bb, I think shoving 33 is fine because we're picking up around 10% when they fold which is fairly often and a lot of the time when called we're still 50% (just not this time!).

I'm going to try a few streams with covered hole cards and no delay but not sure how well it'll work. Just working on setting up my Twitch to look a bit more professional at the moment.

• Like 1

I do understand the 33 shove, really, it's just me so used to being super nitty, but tbh I am gradually opening more and would definitely have shoved with less than 20 bbs. You're patience with those poor hands was good but of course you have to take a stand sometime before it's too late. Well played.

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@Brocky wrote:

I think the time has come to no longer be DianeAbbott. For those of you not familiar with British politics, she is a politician with probably the worst basic maths skills you've ever seen and I only ever created it as a bit of a joke.

Thanks for the laughs! How much do 10.000 police officers cost over 4 years? A cool 300K? Or 80 M? The funniest is how her second, corrected number is still waaaaaay off...:Rofl:

• Like 3
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Brocky wrote:

Thanks Wudu, truly amazing video. She's an absolute disgrace who just shouts racism whenever people rightly criticise her.

Mao killed more people than Stalin and Hitler combined. Diane Abbott's stance on Mao at the end of the youtube clip:

"Mao did more good than harm!" :wow:

By the way, 10.000 police officers don't cost 300 K or 80 M pounds over the course of 4 years. That's a few billions in total...:laugh:

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Think you're being a bit harsh on DA. She's done an awful lot of good for a lot of people in her political career. I doubt there's many you couldn't stitch up in a video tbf. 

Definitely in favour of you using a nick that's more comfortable to you though. Of the suggestions i liked Brockstar. Do you have a nick that feels 'luckier' than any of the others? If so, go with that. :popeye:

Couldn't really disagree more re DA. She may have done good things for her constituents but you only have to look at her incompetence to talk coherently about things you would expect prominent politicians to be clued up about to know that if she ever made it to government it would be scary for everyone. Can you imagine her in charge of the Shamima Begum case? She would claim the UK is racist and invite her back with open arms.

Regarding the username, you can only change it once every 6 months on Twitch unfortunately and it's too late now :(

• Like 2

@Brocky wrote:

Couldn't really disagree more re DA. She may have done good things for her constituents but you only have to look at her incompetence to talk coherently about things you would expect prominent politicians to be clued up about to know that if she ever made it to government it would be scary for everyone.

Piers is getting slightly frustrated, I assume...:atisfied:

Great stream and what better way to end than a 5x win at the 50s after getting 3 1.5x at the 25s! I think I was down about 50 euros before the last game (with a 50 euro bonus getting me back to even), so finished about 250 up (finished -£200 yesterday). When I get a follower Phil Hellmuth pops up and calls them "idiot from Northern Europe" which is pretty funny, just need someone to subscribe now as there's a separate rant for that ;)

Tough couple of days at the table but that Hexa really helps out. Also got a 50 euro bonus which takes me from -£15 to around +£27 for the past 2 days.

graph.PNG.d0d057ddedc37c62982cb1fa7b2c2978.PNG

• Like 2