2019 - Success or bust has never been more finely balanced

Brocky

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't really speak for the 1s but if people do think like that I would be open jamming TT, 99 and even 77/88. I don't think open jamming is the best play though with big pairs.

The run-good continues. Check/jam the flop on the bubble and get 2 callers (one folds river vs guy with KK).

nice.PNG.987e5811ac1234b162d68ca29e10f6ae.PNG

• Like 4

Quick update... Had a couple of mates at mine for a few drinks where we were going to pool some money together for MTTs/HU/Hexas but they decided against it mostly (we played the big 215 on Stars). I ended up winning about 800-900 on Hexas and 100-200 on HU even though I'm about 10 pints deep. I'm not going to complain, I can barely even read the screen properly.
  • Like 2

Morning guys. Jesus, never felt as hungover as I did today! It all turned into a bit of a blur, I ended up going to bed at 10am and waking up at 8pm, not the most professional thing I've ever done. Anyway, I think I'm finally back to a semi-good place mentally, probably just needed a massive drinking session to clear the ❤️♥️❤️ from the past week or two. I'm disappointed that volume has been terrible but I'm up around 2.7k I think for the month so it's not the end of the world. I put in a small session just now and made €173 at the 25/50s, nothing spectacular but profit is profit (and I lost the first 4 games at the 50s!). I'm also trying out a new play style, which takes me to a more GTO approach. I'm hoping that I'm now back and ready to work at the level I was at the start of the month. Time is money!

• Like 5

@Brocky wow :) sometimes alcohol is a good way to cleanse ...but this is a way for intelligent people :wonder: I've had hundreds of parties in my life  but I remember exactly three days when I was alone with the mirror (music, alkohol, singing, phone off- I did not want to be disturbed)  ... and always then everything went back to normal ... ehh these memories ... refreshing hangovers :) The biggest day was probably when I decided to quit well-paid job, without savings ... because I was so bored of working in the office day by day (over a decade as  back/front-end developer ) despite the fact that I had loose working hours  and many many nice things ;)

so now take it down @Brocky ! 

• Like 2
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

I tuned in to twitch yesterday morning to learn some poker wisdom but just saw random scenes of beer bottles, an obviously drunk guy pulling his sitting in a chair dance moves, with silent commentary and not a lot else. It was quite entertaining in it's own way, I think it was one of those "How not to" instructional videos,:wonder: and thankfully it didn't last long. Maybe today I'll look for a poker twitch stream of a professional player to see how it's done correctly. 🤣🤣

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Got some pretty exciting news; I've just taken on my first 'horse' in my poker stable, whom I will be staking and coaching for heads up.  I think it's important to have multiple revenue streams if possible so hoping that I can build my stable over time to include more than just one player.  Taking it slow for now though, however, I'm fairly confident it won't be long before I have this player making 4 figures a month at the 25s, he definitely has some solid fundamentals.  

If anyone out there would be interested in following suit I am definitely open to the idea of taking on more players but you would need some sort of heads up background as I don't really have the time to teach someone from scratch.  Feel free to private message me if this sounds like something you'd be up for.

• Like 6

An interesting development and it would be nice to get an inside view of the coaching as it develops, hours spent, issues covered etc, would you play head to head at times. Good luck to you both.👍

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png