$2.000 in €1 SnGs in 100 days. (yarik_gr challenge)

yarik_gr

Hi! I was reading @EL_HEFAZO blog and decided to start something similar.

Unfortunately, I had some bad experience with blogs and already finished one, so I decided to do it like challenge.

My main goal is to make a $2.000 profit in 100 days. Secondary goal is to play 10.000 games. This is a little bit "dirty" challenge, because I'm also gonna include rakeback and small percentage of MTTs and cash games, but I'm only will play it for missions, so I think that >%95 of my profit will fall on SnGs.

I'm kinda lazy and that's the main reason I decided to start this challenge.

A little info about me: I'm playing poker for ~4 years and was a profitable small stakes MTT reg (€2-10 games), but one day I decided that swings is not for me and I can make the same money 9-tabling €1 SnG's. I was a little bit scared, because it was a step back for me, but now I'm sure that it was a good decision. I have played about 15.000 SnG's at Unibet. I live in Belarus and $300 is the average salary here, so if somebody think that I'm just wasting my time - no, I don't. 😃

Honestly, I'm already started my challenge. I was scared to announce it and catch a long downswing, so now when I have a good start I can share my first results. 😃

Day 1: +$27,82 (140 games)
Day 2: +$68,26 (139 games)
Day 3: +$34,34 (170 games)
Day 4: +$43,25 (95 games)
Day 5: +$3,30 (47 games)
Day 6: +$50,28 (116 games)
Day 7: +$17,73 (60 games)
Day 8: -
Day 9: -
Day 10: -$4,48 (26 games)
Day 11: +$21,10 (97 games)
Day 12: -
Day 13: +$29,14 (103 games)
Day 14: -$1,26 (94 games)
Day 15: +$26,70 (191 games)
Day 16: +$57,82 (174 games)

Overall results: profit: +$374,00 (day 16 goal: $320) / games played: 1452 (day 16 goal: 1600).

Honestly, I was running a little bit better that usual and that's the good news. Running good made me feel relaxed and that's the bad news. But I'm hope for the best and gonna try my best.

Thank you for reading! It's important to me.

• Like 28

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Royalenis wrote:

Good luck @yarik_gr ! I really like Your intro. But I have a question: USD 250 is the avarage salary in Belarus or it is the minimum one? 

@Royalenis After a little thought I corrected it to $300. Average salary in Minsk (capital) is $450, I think. But in regions it's about $300. Most teachers / sellers salary is about $200, my girlfriend was an insuranse agent and her salary was $150. $450 is a really good salary in my city. Officials says that average is $500, but that number is a dream for most of people. 

• Like 5

@Want2Believe it's hard, but possible with a little bit of rungood. 😃

@FreedoM I hope so, but it's impossible to predict swings. It's a normal thing to lose 10 games in a row and I even had some 300+ games streaks without any profit. It's important to stay cold-blooded no matter what and it's the hardest thing in my challenge. Good luck to you and wish you a great comeback!

• Like 5

@EL_HEFAZO ha-ha, I remember that a couple of days ago we played 30+ HUs against each other and I pushed any pair or good connectors with 50bb against 50bb just to take a flip and not to waste time. 🤣 Once I had 9 tables and 4 of them was HU games with you. I was mad one time when I hit the flop with mine Ax in preflop all-ins two times, but both of times you sucked me out with a set to your pair on a turn and river. But anyway it made me smile with some thoughts like "ha-ha I hate him, he is running super hot, but next time he will feel my pain". :laugh:

@triceraatopp thank you! I want to remind, that you, Kyle @Causality, Tim and ibrul are the people who inspired me a lot and I'm %100 sure that without all of you my challenge would be an impossible dream! When I saw that you won Dublin Ladies Event my only thought was "fck it, that girl used to play €5 MTTs recently". Anyway, your sucsess is deserved, because I don't know anyone who was spent so much time to improve poker skills.

@Bing__ thank you, dude. I will try my best, I think I will move to higher SnGs stakes after this challenge, so be ready to battle each other. 🆒

@successlaw Thank you! Now I'm playing 9 tables, but I'm thinking about trying to play 12 ones or about moving the stake. Don't know which one is a better, but I think I will try both. 😃

• Like 5

@freddies Thank you! Even for me sometimes it's tilting, but I'm trying not to think about money and not to care about things like slow rolls. I think it's just an experience question. A couple of years ago losing AK <- AQ on the bubble was a supertilting for me, but now I just don't care about such situations. Also I'm playing with 250-500+ BI bankroll. It's a lot of difference between losing 10 euros when you have a €20 roll and €300 roll.

@pinki Thank you! Hope we will meet at SnG tables soon!

@Silver1 Thank you! Keep working on your game and one day we will meet on the higher SnG stakes!

• Like 4

@yarik_gr  I like your blog! I'm your fun because I'm thinking about replace cash by S&G ... so you will became my idol for a while ... 🤫

You wrote that you playing up to 9 tables at once ... so far so good - but I would like to know how 'long' your session is (time duration in average per day - single or multiple sessions) ?

My 2nd question maybe quite weird ... do you think (did you) about playing HU in coming future ?

Wish you run good at the tables - I saw you already several times on some MTTs (Unibet specials) - you seems to be a solid one. I'll keep my fingers crossed 👍

• Like 1

@MadAdo I never played cash games (unless for some missions or with tickets), because it's hard for me to think when I see real money on the table.

I was starting from 3x 50 games daily sessions, but now it depends from my mood. I'm trying to play as much as I can and I'm going for a break only if I feel tired or tilted. Last couple of weeks my average day is usually 70-100 games (4,5-6 hours) + 50-80 games (2,5-4,5 hours).

I have some thoughts about playing ~1.000 HUs, but only because I think that deep/mid stacks HUs is one of my weakest sides, so I want to do it just for improving of my game. I think that 3-max bubble play is my strongest skill which helps me to make money, so it's impossible to use it in HUs. 😃 I think you have to try SnG games, just beacuse they are mostly soft here and I know some people who are playing just for fun and their are playing just without a profit or losing their money very slowly, so I don't think that just trying is a risky move. Who knows, maybe that's just what you were looking for?

Thank you and wish you the best of luck!

• Like 4

@successlaw I had some bad experience with €2 SnGs. I mean, I haven't played a lot of games, I think 300-400, and I don't know what my actual ROI was, but somehow for me it seems that €4 euro games are even softer (I have played about 4.000 games, I think). My theory is that people who think they are too good for €1 games are moving to €2 stake and that's why games are heavier (€4 games actually play a lot of people who just have money). But maybe it was just a bad luck and heavy tables for me at €2 SnGs. And I played it a long time ago, so don't really know about actual picture now. 😃

• Like 3

HUSNG can be a really piss in the face:) Wanted to improve my HU game as well so have played a bunch of them in the last days. Improvements came fast, learned lots of new things to be used with different stack sizes. 

Today I had almost 10 straight losses. Before the session I was really motivated and had done some nice studying and analyses of ranges for different stack sizes. 10 losses is a really small sample, I know, but it can be very mentally draining. Found in a couple of wins so maybe ended just stuck 6 BI’s in the HUSNG. And then the same dome spell (i.e variance) found me at the SNG tables. Really crappy day in terms of profit but I played well so can’t really blame myself that much. #Variance

@yarik_gr I’m open for sharing knowledge. I want to get better in the bubble part and I can share my thoughts around the HU-part and some post flop stuff that I learned from playing Cash Game. PM me if you are interested:)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, bad times have come. :teardrop: 
I don't give up and trying to play as much as I can to reduce swings, but for the last four days I won only $2. 🤣 I'm not gonna cry about my bad luck, all of us had downswings in their poker careers and here is nothing new to talk about, but just a two screenshots to understand what is happening with me now:

Screenshot_499.thumb.png.9d606faddae816693bd85b29073d6a9e.pngScreenshot_500.thumb.png.bb5985152ce80812d016ce23eb33ae04.png

Got it? :laugh:

Actually, I'm still full of optimism, because it's not the first and not the last time. Just hope for an early upstreak. Anyway I will play 5 more days and then I'm going to update results and go for a couple days break if nothing changes. It's funny, because today I have played 149 games with 72 ITM places (about %46) and ended up day with only $1,80 profit. How does it happened? Just 24 1st & 48 2nd ones. :puking:

@Causality Thank you, Kyle! One day we will meet at Uk Tour ME final table. 😃

@Silver1 once I started the day with 14-16 loses in a row, lol. But I ended it up with 40+ euros profit. Sometimes swings are looking like a stupid joke from poker gods. 😃 Actually, I want to share some experience, but nothing more I can tell you. 80% of my skill is experience + YouTube channels that I have sent to you. But I'm always open for some interesting hands discussion.

• Like 2

if you can live with 300 euro/month that is fine ....but question is : how long?

do you pay taxes for pension of healty insurence? how old are you?

believe me i know what i mean ...playingat 1 euro stake for get a online job without paying any of the above i think that is not fine for long term.

someone at one point will ask you what you ve done on the last 5-7 years....what iy will be your answer? you must be smart then

• Like 1

@polarbear Don't know from what country you are, but I want to remind you that €300 is a good salary in Belarus. Now I have about $4-5/hour what is about $700 monthly (I agree, that it's just a theorethical number). Actually, for 1.5 years that I'm playing poker for a living I had 2 monthes with a $1.000+ profit and had some monthes with only $250 profit. So I can say now that $550-600 is my average (what is 2 monthly salaries in my city). At August my girlfriend decided to quit her job (with $7 daily and a lot of responsibilites), so I decided to make money in more stable, but in a little less profitable way. I started this challenge to fight laziness and my plan is to finish it in 80-90 days, but I seted a 100 days goal, because everything can happen, you know. Fortunately, she already at probation on a new job, so I'm gonna move to a little higher stakes after that challenge, I think.

I know, that for most of people from Europe it looks kinda funny with their salaries, but I have graduated law university and can speak 3 languages on a quite good level, but the maximum salary I can expect by working in law sphere is $300. Some of my university friends are now working for $150-200, can you imagine? You must be a lucky guy or have a "good friend" to find a well-paid job here (I mean $500+ monthly). So, what do you think is good for me: playing poker for 100 hours and even $400 monthly or working on a job I don't like with a lot responsibilites and a small advance chance for $300?

For now poker for me is the only way I can feel myself a person who are working not only for money for food and bills. Life is pretty cheap here, but not cheap enough for most of people. I'm now only 23 years old and I understand all possible outcomes, so I have plan B, and even C & D plans. But now poker "job"  is the most perspective way for me.

I wrote you an answer, but somehow deleted it and wrote it one more time. 😃
Thank you for a really good question, hope you get the answer. Best of wishes!

@tatuaj7 Thank you, I will try my best!

@RayL I don't know what happend, but after editing my post for a second time it just disappeared and it happened twice. Luckily I made a copy after first time. 😃 Looks like a Community bug, can you check?

• Like 10