$2.000 in €1 SnGs in 100 days. (yarik_gr challenge)

yarik_gr

@yarik_gr sounds good about sharing thougts and knowledge!

For me it sounds as you personally have solved a very complex question and quest many struggle with, “What shall I work with?”. You have chosen a job that you find fun, profitable and in which you don’t need to work 160H there more  month. You are your own boss and have a great graduation on top of it as a backup plan. I think that you desrve to feel very safe and comfortable with your life and situation. You are in a spot which many poker players and professional gambler would dream about! I totally understand the path you taken. You have my support dude!

• Like 6

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPADATE 1!

My plan was to update my topic once in 10-15 days, but I was running really bad last couple of days, so I decided to take a little break. I have everyday notes where I record some things I should work on, so I better take that time for study. I can talk forever about reasons of that bad run, but the main are:

- bad luck (nothing I can do there);
- tilty calls (actually, when I see that I'm starting make a stupid decisions, I'm finishing my session, but anyway it happens sometimes);
- too many 2nd places (usually I have about 40% of 1st and 60% of second, but now it's about %25 to %75; for me it looks like runbad, but anyway I'm always thought that deep HUs is my weak side).
- small amount of games (my plan was to play 600-800 games during last 6 days, but I only played 400+, but it's hard to play when you get nothing bad, you know);
- soft problems (still have everyday disconnections, sometimes it doesn't matter, but it hurts when it's push/fold with ~5bb at some tables and I skip 2-3 hands).

Day 17: -$2,34 (28 games)
Day 18: +$9,23 (18 games)
Day 19: -$6,38 (146 games)
Day 20: +$1,80 (149 games)
Day 21: +$0,71 (54 games)
Day 22: -$4,47 (21 games)

Overall results: profit: +$372,55 (day 22 goal: $440) / games played: 1452 (day 1868 goal: 2200).

Good news: at the beginning of my challenge I was running pretty good, so I was relaxed last week; now I'm running really bad, so it's stimulates me a lot to try my best to catch up with my plan. I've seen worse times, anyway. I will try to play ~1.500 more games until 20th December and then I will update my results again, I think. I'm still feeling optimistic and don't even think about giving up. A couple of bad beats can't break me. :Laugh:

Thank you for reading! :Smile:

@Silver1 thanks a lot! It's really motivates me when I see people who supports my view of life. Actually, I don't think that a lot of people wanna be just like me, because I'm really "rich" guy for only poor countries. :Smile: It's impossible to play such a small stakes and live good in EU.

@n_X I will suport it for sure, but it looks like developers already answered you. :Smile: Good idea!

• Like 13

Good statistical update and reasoning @yarik_gr. Just because you fall a bit behind your targets don't push too hard to catch up, it's never too good to feel too much pressure, but just a touch here and there can help. GL and run good. 👍

• Like 3

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R I'm trying not to give myself even a chance to relax. Of cause, I can't say that I'm playing from morning till night, but I know that the bigger the goal the better the result. 😃 Just an example: when I was a child I used to like track-and-field athletics a lot and my coach always compared me with the best guys, so even I knew that I was better than average, but I still felt like I didn't made everything I can to reach big results. And that's was the best motivation. So I'm trying to be good, but want to be great! :happy: Thank you for the support!

@Silver1 It took me a lot of time to understand that money is just a tool in poker. I think that there are no winning player who cries about every bad beat. You need to love poker and work on your game and money will come by themselves. Money is still a main goal for me, but I'm trying not to care about "what if" situations. Actually, it's another big topic fot discussion, but I hope you got the main idea. Thank you for the support!

@successlaw one of my long term goals is to play 4.000 games/month (it's about ~200 hours/month or 6.5 hours daily), so until I reach that number my volume looks not enough for me. During the challenge I played 4.5 hours/day, so I'm sure I can go for the biggest numbers! 😃 Thank you for the support!

• Like 4

@successlaw sometimes I have days when I just can't win, you know. Now I feel myself really tilted only a couple times in a month. First of all, I understand that the stakes I play is filled with beginners and people who just don't care about money and only play for fun. Everytime when I lose because of a really stupid bad beat I'm thinking: "it's ok that still so many people in poker who can make mistakes". Secondly, I have a really big roll for the stakes I play. As I said before, when you lost €10 with €20 bankroll it's a way more tilting then losing €10 with a €300+ bankroll. It's could seem a way too nit, but actually I have €1000 bankroll and playing €1 games and that's the main reason I don't tilt too much, I think (I'm speaking not about Unibet bankroll, but about my actual "poker money"). It cames with experience. I can lose 10 games in a row and it happens to me almost every day when I play 100+ games, but I'm trying not to care about money and always thinking about my overall results. The most useful advice is to take a couple days break for improving your game, I believe. I've seen some people who are profitable at poker/bets, but after a couple days of running bad they wanted to return their money by raising the stakes and that was the biggest mistake.

• Like 3

Guys! We have a little Discord chat where we are talking about poker. Unfortunately, activity is a pretty small lately, but you can join us using this link: https://discord.gg/t3cUMaN We are sharing our results there, discuss some hands and have MTT, SnG and cash players from different countries there. It was about 20 people in the peak moment in the chat, but now only 6 left. :Smile: Welcome!

If somebody wants to talk about poker with me personally or play something, you can add me on Steam (my alias and profile pic is same as there).

• Like 3

@successlaw wrote:

Heya @yarik_gr

How's going man ?

Did you pass over the downswing?  We waiting for updates :)

Have a great day !

Thank you for asking @successlaw ! I'm running a little bit better now, but still not satisfied with my results, but at least I'm playing with profit now. 😃 I think that I will update my results after 3.000 games (I have already played ~2.200 presently).

• Like 3

Hopefully upswing comes your way.

Figured to start a challenge too..but i find it very dificulty because i have a regular job with 160 hours / month in front of pc. Its kinda hard for me to stay another 100 hours monthly and grind. 

I still try to find a.motivation.

Regards

• Like 2

It's always good to challenge yourself @successlaw, but I don't think you need to set a big goals. That's great that you have a job and I think that it's not worth it. It's good to have a lot of money, but nobody wants to be a nerd spending 16H daily in front of PC. You can start from something small to see how it goes (like 750 SNGs monthly is pretty achievable if you will play 1H on the evenings and 2-3H at weekends).

So, if you decide to start a challenge one day I will follow it for sure, but my opinion is that you shouldn't waste all your free time on it and do it gradually. 😃

• Like 2

Yarik gr i don't want to upsen you .But up to 15 olins in a banzai NL 5 E lost everythink.In 45 % was fovoritom not seeing the flop.Minus over than 100 euros.All ended up a day.Because than started playing Nl 200.She started paying more than 4 years .Played in almost on than all rooms.Downstrik will always be more than upswing.Playing online poker has no meaning.Poker room not interested in plus plaeyrs.So when you plus,all players have an unmeasured number or bedbits.Which actually does not play plus.So i play mostly live im my city on NL 100 and play plus .Hooray......That i'm all about bad and about bad .Yesterday i won the tournament at unibete.Hooray......And even 6 tickets for freerolls.I am the best.Hooray....I want to wish yuo good luck in yuor $2000 in 1e StGs in 100 days.
  • Like 1

@Kesha17 sometimes variance may be disappointing, especially at games where you have to play a lot of preflop all-ins. I also had a lot of losing days when I was playing MTT mostly, it was a usual thing to win $200+ in one day and then lose $100 in next couple of days. Of cause I think that it's easier to play live poker with profit, but I don't have a lot of experience in it. But people mostly play a way worse at live poker games and also some tells can help you a lot, but it's too boring for me to play just a couple of hands in a hour. Congrats with win and thank you for following. And where are you from? I have a feeling that russian is your native language. If so, send me a PM, please.

@catalintm I will try my best! What alias are you playing with? Seems like I saw a player with similar to yours Community alias, but don't remember for sure. 😃

• Like 1