10,000 Hexapros in the next 31 days

Brocky

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had 5 5x's in probably the last 15 games and not win a single one.  The last one epitomised the session nicely.

First hand I 3 bet pre to 100, both call.  I cbet 120, player to my left jams, other guy snaps, I obviously call.

h1.PNG.91e8950215c7bee0a594d371f6b18420.PNG

h2.PNG.ccc28fe22d12be8ff8400618560c125d.PNG

GG.

Super hungover but will try and do a stream shortly <3

• Like 4

@joebanan wrote:

Hope you carry on

I,ve been asking myself if these are beatable for a long time - (still non the wiser)

I.m starting to think they,re only worth playing if theres a promo attached

I really am starting to think they're not but even if they are I'm wondering if I want that variance.  In my last 28 games I won 3, 2 of them 1.5x.  That's ridiculous.

I hit another 100x on stream today, I also hit my first ever 25x, finished 2nd in both.  I played 131 games on stream and still lost around 7bi despite the big multipliers, which is brutal.  They're also really tiring to play, 6 tabling.

Here's a graph:

graph.PNG.2c44e32285522b5952004ce6c71417bc.PNG

I'm winning at pretty much exactly 1 in 3.  I definitely feel like my true WR is probably closer to 36/37% but the variance is obviously huge.  Without the 2 100x multipliers (which you're only supposed to hit 1 in 20000 each) I would be very much down for the challenge.  

stats.PNG.a64784972dac09cc1e4bf7817113edff.PNG

Another thing to factor in is rake.  362 games at the lowly €10 games is still €247 rake which is a lot to be paying.  

My apologies for ending this so quickly but I feel like heads up is a much more solid and steady grind.  For reference, here was the first week of October where I played solely €25 HU games and won 80bi after RB:

111.png.c0c0e3f5f32367c34117c91631fca610.png

Really enjoyed the couple of streams I did though, you guys were great as always <3

• Like 9

A great effort @Brocky but it seems the majority opinion was correct in that it was going to be extremely tough. I certainly couldn't handle the swings, 4-5 buy ins down on relatively sedate cash tables and I'm creeping towards panic mode. :sad:

It was nice to watch the streaming again for a while and good luck with the HU.😃👍

• Like 4

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Cheers Griz.  I do feel a bit of a fraud giving up so early but if I'm honest I naively went into it thinking the high rake and faster speed would be offset by the games being considerably softer.  What I found though was that 1 or 2 tabling these may be fairly profitable from an ROI sense because of the focus you can put into each decision but from a pure monetary sense, I believe you need to be mass-tabling them as rakeback certainly comes into play.  At the higher stakes you will easily hit 40-50% RB but at the 10s, you're needing to play 300+ games per day, which long term is going to create big swings for the sake of not many euros.

There's just a lot of factors that make these somewhat unbeatable including the rake and super quick blinds.  As I mentioned on stream the majority of your sessions are decided almost solely on how you do in the 5x/10x multipliers as anything above this is going to be so rare it's not really going to have an impact long term.  You can easily win just 30% of games but profit for the session and vice versa at 37% win-rate.  I thought moving down to the 10s would negate the impact of the swings but I was wrong.  I lost almost 50bi on the first day of playing these, I've never lost 50bi playing heads up that I can remember.  

Add to that I am not the strongest 3 handed player, plus I will be taking lower EV lines heads up because I've got more tables and less time, there didn't seem to be much point continuing when I could just grind heads up instead.  

Fair play to anyone that can grind these full time.

• Like 4

@XY wrote:

@Brocky wrote:

Therefore the plan is:

10k games at €10 level, maybe some €25s thrown in if it's going well.

31 days to complete it.

If I lose 100bi I will be done with the challenge.

322.5 games per day needed to complete this.

If all goes to plan, 690k challenge points.

Will update daily of course!  Let's go <3

Black And White Vintage GIF by Okkult Motion Pictures

PolishedSmugArachnid-size_restricted

• Like 2

@RaulonY wrote:

@Brocky I don't know if you already mentioned, but can you give me a guidelile on many points can you earn on HU SNG's? 

Somethink like 100 HU SNG's * 10 Stake for example, you can make on average X Challenge Points.

Or any kind of guidelines to calculate them.

Thanks!

HUSNGs aren't great for points unless you're playing the highest stakes.  You'll average around 100 points per €1 rake.  A €10 game rakes 30c so 30 points on average or 3k points for 100 games.  

• Like 1

Hey man. Sad to see that you are ending Hexapro challenge. Im playing them for a while too and only now found this challenge. 

Can I ask you one thing? How did you made graphs like this? Looks like exel, but feels like waay too much work to do while playing. Anyways.. Your results looks awsome, good job :)

Hey, how are you getting on with them?

Yeh my graphs are done on excel. I just paste the data from the poker history section on the website, sort and put into a graph. I've got a load of formulas that look at ROI/win rate and other things.

Sad to read streaming this awesome challenge is a massive -EV. I hope you will continue streaming after finished this one. Btw what is your opinion about the trend in the industry speeding up the jackpot SNG's. Now Winamax will introduce a faster Expresso and I'm afraid Unibet will also decrease the starting chips or the blind time in the near future.

@Brocky wrote:

Yeh my graphs are done on excel. I just paste the data from the poker history section on the website, sort and put into a graph. I've got a load of formulas that look at ROI/win rate and other things.

Feels like 10s was quite easy but swings are massive in them, so I decided to drop to 5s until I have 500BI for 10s. 5s are super easy and I probably have around 70-75% winning days there. 

I have around 5-7k games in them at the moment. Dont ask me about roi, since I didnt track my results in any way. But to what I feel, I have something around 5-7% roi in 5s. May be even more. Wouldnt be surprised if it was closer to 10% actually. Winning or losing 40 BI in a day or even losing 40BI in the day and winning it all back is not that rare in them. Thats why I decided to play 5s. Losing 10-15% of the BR in one day hurts, but losing few hundread is fine.

@psrquack wrote:

Sad to read streaming this awesome challenge is a massive -EV. I hope you will continue streaming after finished this one. Btw what is your opinion about the trend in the industry speeding up the jackpot SNG's. Now Winamax will introduce a faster Expresso and I'm afraid Unibet will also decrease the starting chips or the blind time in the near future.

Pokerstars have just intoduced faster spins as well, 300 chips with 1 minute blinds.  The advertising is so wrong imo, all under this lie that these fast paced games are being added in for those who just want a quick games of poker on the move or whatever.  I may well be corrected but I struggle to imagine that those who play poker today compared with 5 years ago are suddenly much more in a rush that they cannot play a game with 500 chips and 2-3 minute blinds.  

Another reason I find it disingenous is because back in the day people used to play a hyper turbo HUSNG if they were in a hurry but wanted to play.  These averaged maybe 2% rake.  Spins are 5-8% rake across the industry on general, hmm I wonder why poker sites are desperate to get people playing these?

In terms of streaming I really enjoyed doing a couple and I want to do more.  The problem is me sitting there exposing my whole cards for other HU regs to see is just not worth it.  Did anyone enjoy the streams I did where I had the holecards covered with no delay (only showing all ins)?  I guess that's an option.  Other than that, I would probably need to switch full time to MTTs to stream.

• Like 2

@ScaryOne wrote:

@Brocky wrote:

Feels like 10s was quite easy but swings are massive in them, so I decided to drop to 5s until I have 500BI for 10s. 5s are super easy and I probably have around 70-75% winning days there. 

I have around 5-7k games in them at the moment. Dont ask me about roi, since I didnt track my results in any way. But to what I feel, I have something around 5-7% roi in 5s. May be even more. Wouldnt be surprised if it was closer to 10% actually. Winning or losing 40 BI in a day or even losing 40BI in the day and winning it all back is not that rare in them. Thats why I decided to play 5s. Losing 10-15% of the BR in one day hurts, but losing few hundread is fine.

Well this is the problem.  With a 5k bankroll there are more profitable games out there than grinding €10 hexas for 40-50bi daily swings.  The profit is not enough imo to warrant that sort of variance but if you can make it work then good luck to you!  I would rather just grind something with a little less variance.

• Like 1

I totally agree with you @Brocky  people are just wanting their quick fix here and now and not prepared to wait or, heaven forbid, actually work for their rewards. It's the entitlement and throw away culture that has been seeping into every walk of life at an ever growing pace, no-one these days( a few exceptions ) seem to be prepared to knuckle down and reap the long term benefits.  "I want it all and I want it now" appears to be the dominant attitude, and working steadily and methodically towards a goal isn't on the agenda.

I did write a thread last year about tourneys getting quicker and quicker, and even though we have flip tourneys now for smaller prizes it's only a matter of time before I can see Shove or Fold soon becoming the main option, pretty much what Hexanonos and Spins etc are now. Poker sites can't really be blamed for this, they want the customers (money) that need a quick fix as much as any other leisure activity, and provide what the market wants, but I'm sticking with the long run for now. I could go on for hours about this but I have to play 762 tournaments in the next 2 hours to release 15c of bonus. 🤣

As for the streaming, I enjoyed both versions but with such a small player pool I think you are right to be wary about giving too much info away. Keep looking for a solution and good luck with the (long term) grind. 👍

• Like 3

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png