Unibet Lottery

JeppeL

At Unibet we're always trying to expand and diversify our games offering for all players. This morning we took another great step in that direction by opening up a brand new Lottery section for UK, Germany and Finish customers, so if you're from one these countries this is the new games menu appearing on your Unibet site:

lottery1.PNG.dfe66caa09767adb22f68564efbd46c1.PNG

https://www.unibet.co.uk/lotto/

https://www.unibet.de/lotto

https://fi.unibet.com/lotto

This means that through Unibet you'll now be able to play in the worlds biggest's lotteries, E.G Euromillions, Megamillions, the US Powerbal and El Gordi Christmas Lottery, as well as local lotteries accross Europe.

lottery2.thumb.PNG.e8160cddc274542293d1d9b02323d110.PNG

What is Lottery betting?

Lottery betting involves making a bet on the outcome of an official lottery draw. You pick which lottery draw to bet on and which lottery balls (numbers) you think will be drawn - if you guess correctly you win cash prizes. The size of your winnings will depend on the number of balls you correctly guess for your chosen draw.

You don’t buy any tickets when you place a lottery bet, and any money you win is paid by us, not the official lottery operator. We'll match the official lottery prize tiers (as detailed in our terms and conditions), including the jackpot - so you'll win the same amount you could have won if you'd bought an actual lottery ticket. 

Why not just buy a lottery ticket at the local grocery shop?

You get more freedom with lottery betting. With Unibet you can bet on the outcome of lottery draws from around the globe, all in one place. We can also offer low prices, free bets, and unique features!

What happens if I win?

You must claim your winnings within 12 weeks of the winning date. If your account has been verified, simply proceed to your account and withdraw your winnings. If your account has not been verified, you will first need to provide proof of your ID and proof of address. Once this has been confirmed you will be able to withdraw your winnings.

How do I use the lottery betting features?

QuickPick

This feature selects random numbers automatically, to save you time. Click the button with intersecting arrows on a single ticket to add numbers to one line, or click the ‘Random’ button above the bet slip to add numbers to all lines. 

System Bets

Available on all lotteries except German Keno and Multi Keno, this is an easy way to play more lines. To activate a system bet, simply select more than the minimum required numbers on a single ticket. Every extra number will create multiple new ‘lines’ using every possible combination of the selected numbers. The more numbers you select, the more combinations can be made and the more you boost your chances of winning.

• Like 7
Former Community Manager

They should say 'prize pool' or 'jackpot' on the home page for each lottery. Seems a bit misleading to suggest you could win 2.1 billion when it's actually closer to 3.3 million. When you sort by Jackpot it shows the biggest prize pools first.

• Like 1
Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Not yet @Boby, so far it's only available for Finish, German and British players. It's still sort of in trial and we're working on getting it hooked up for the remaining countries, we'll also introduce som lottery promotions later on, but not until more players have the games available :)

• Like 2
Former Community Manager

Great news!

Sometimes you just want to play without thinking too much. I guess Sweden will get this too, later on.
But we have quite strict rukes here when it comes to lottery but maybe it doesn't apply for Malta. 😃

The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver

@MoreTBC wrote:

They should say 'prize pool' or 'jackpot' on the home page for each lottery. Seems a bit misleading to suggest you could win 2.1 billion when it's actually closer to 3.3 million. When you sort by Jackpot it shows the biggest prize pools first.

Good point @MoreTBC, one of the lottery team members saw this on her own and let us know today it'll be fixed, they appreciate the feedback :)

• Like 1
Former Community Manager

Hi @Ryan94,

The bigger jackpot prizes are secured by insurances, hence no issue. The specific one you mention (El Gordo) has a huge prize pool of 2.1bn as you say but that is the total sum of all prizes and not one jackpot. The communication around that will soon be clarified but if you click the actual lottery you will see that message in the title of that lottery. The biggest single jackpot right now is found in MegaMillions (£96m).

Kind regards, Fredrik

• Like 1

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@MoreTBC wrote:

Fixed now :)

'Sort by Jackpot' still puts the giant prize pool lotteries first. Prize pool tag is there though 👍

• Like 1
Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

• 1 month later...

It is nice to see that Eurojackpot is a little bit cheaper to play on Unibet. But why are American lotteries so expensive on Unibet? If I understand correctly those American lotteries cost one dollar to play in USA, but 4 euros on Unibet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@JeppeL

Ohhh sweet :)

I realy hope you include Norwegian players to...but my gov laws are somewhat open for discussion ...

We are allowed to play all that but if the winning are over a specified ammount we have to pay about 30% tax....

Please make one for us availeble.....maybe some of them are "blocked" but not all the lotterys...

Zipfil

Nothing is impossible, the impossible only take some time.

• 2 years later...

Could Unibet elaborate what does the jackpot payout rules mean if one wins Megamillions or Powerball jackpot?

Particularly the rule that EU Lotto claims 38% of the jackpot. 

So hypothetically if one wins e.g. 100M euros by all himself, what is the remaining cash in euroes for the player of that 100M€:

a) when EU Lotto chooses the 30 years annuity method 

b) when EU lotto chooses instant payout

Thanks and I apologize for opening this ancient thread, but I think it serves the question.