World Cup outright bets

BonusPater

Hojbjerg at 1.75 is free money IMO. I dont see him left out if healthy at the moment of call ups. And Unibet still doesnt allow to connect those bets into accumulators. Which is a shame really. I would play Hojbjerg (1.75), Morioka (1.45), Fekir at 2.5 is tempting, but its a coinflip since he is injured, if he's healthy he will be called up. Nainggolan (1.33) - he has some problems with Martinez but i dont see him not getting the call, he is Belgium MVP and even s h i t t y Martinez knows that.

Best in Africa Senegal (they will fook in group Poland or Colombia, i hope is the latter) at 3.25 is great. Egypt will be dissapointment probably, Salah will be isolated :). 

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Eriksen to score the most goals for Denmark at 3.00 doesn't look bad.

Lukaku to get the Golden Boot at odds 19 also looks tempting because of the first four Belgian games, but Neymar at 10 is my favorite - one should never underestimate Müller at 34 either :D of the more crazy picks, Smolov at 126 is fun, but I don't expect great things from Russia.

Will have a look at the specials later. Below one I think there's some potential in, but need to have a closer look at it. As far as I can see, it's pretty much a bet against Mbappé, but I might be forgeting about a 19-year-old or two? I'm tempted by odds 15 on the 20. 

Capture11.PNG.01e5df569328a368dd83ff4605558057.PNG

There should be some odds that Suarez will bite someone. 4 years ago it was about 25-50 odd (cant remember really maybe it was 100 even) on some polish site. Think about it Unibet 🤣

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

SO FAR.

No Nainggolan.

No Morata. 

No Javi Martinez.

No Mario R o g (lol this is some banned word).

No Sandro Wagner.

No Icardi (???)

@jerry wrote:

No Sandro Wagner.

:laugh:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Mario Götze, Andre Schürrle and Marcel Schmelzer are staying at home as well.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

@jerry wrote:

No Sandro Wagner.

:laugh:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Mario Götze, Andre Schürrle and Marcel Schmelzer are staying at home as well. 

I don't really get the Sandro hype either - guess it's the typical "he's a Bayern player, surely he must be part of the national team" and then his :waterfall::waterfall: in public. I would personally rather see Uth (no, not because he's about to become a Schalker :D) and Füllkrug in the NT  

@testuser1 wrote:

I don't really get the Sandro hype either - guess it's the typical "he's a Bayern player, surely he must be part of the national team" and then his :waterfall::waterfall: in public. I would personally rather see Uth (no, not because he's about to become a Schalker :D) and Füllkrug in the NT  

Oh, come on. :wow: One good season is enough now to play a world cup? Max Kruse and Kevin Volland say hello.

Werner upfront with Gomez as an experienced back-up is totally OK. Müller can play there as well if Werner is injured. My point is, I don't think they're going to rotate at this spot at all. If he's healthy, Werner will play.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

@testuser1 wrote:

Oh, come on. :wow: One good season is enough now to play a world cup? Max Kruse and Kevin Volland say hello.

Werner upfront with Gomez as an experienced back-up is totally OK. Müller can play there as well if Werner is injured. My point is, I don't think they're going to rotate at this spot at all. If he's healthy, Werner will play.

Not saying Füllkrug and Uth should play instead of the little diving crybaby or Gomez (or mr. super sub for that matter), but I’d rather see them play than Wagner. Also don’t agree that Uth has only had one good season.

NB remember, Werner will not play if the fans are too noisy. 

@testuser1 wrote:

Not saying Füllkrug and Uth should play instead of the little diving crybaby or Gomez (or mr. super sub for that matter), but I’d rather see them play than Wagner. Also don’t agree that Uth has only had one good season.

NB remember, Werner will not play if the fans are too noisy. 

Uth is a great pickup for a team like Schalke that has to play 50 games a season. He's a good player to have in the rotation. However for Germany, he doesn't offer anything of value. Let's say Germany plays with:

-----------------------------Werner-------------------------

Reus-----------------------Özil-------------------Müller

Now let's assume you need to replace Werner, then someone like Sane or Draxler would come in and Reus or Müller would move up front. The job of the second striker would be to come in when Germany is behind and you have to force the ball in over the last few minutes. That's a job for either Gomez/Petersen or the Swagner. :Laugh:

95 % of the time the duties of the 2nd striker will be to pump up the balls and to serve drinks and snacks.

goldenboot.thumb.png.a4e1c243de0a4b19dc0fc6eb75234138.png

I think I like Giroud's odds here for Golden Boot. France isn't placed in the hardest of groups and as the striker of a good team, I'm seeing some opportunities with this bet.

Same counts for Suarez and Cavani although the fact they most likely meet either Spain or Portugal in the next round makes it a bit harder. But definitely not impossible if you can net a decent chunk of goals against Russia, Egypt and Saudi Arabia which seems reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

@testuser1 wrote:

Will have a look at the specials later. Below one I think there's some potential in, but need to have a closer look at it. As far as I can see, it's pretty much a bet against Mbappé, but I might be forgeting about a 19-year-old or two? I'm tempted by odds 15 on the 20. 

Capture11.PNG.4a0a4fc535ba44a15f8cd168af8ec310.PNG

Had decided to bet on 20, and it's not less interesting now that Mbappé might be injurred. @RayL the offer isn't available anymore, so can you create a case to get it back?

What i found is Giroud for top scorer odd of 41. I could easily see it if France goes deep. He is great at disposing small teams a lot worse with better ones, but still some tapins he can make even with big teams. There is some chance he will be only joker, but judging from eliminations and friendlies he is stammspieler ;). Deschamp really likes to play with target man.

Other one is Uruguay to win the World Cup. Clearly its a long shot, but they made already top 4. Defence is cemented with Gimenez finally getting the minutes over Savic (how this mug played 2 years over him will never know lol). Him and Godin guarantee that Uruguay will lose not more than 3/4 goals. Upfront biter and Cavani, new top player Torreira (there is now fight over him among top clubs), two very solid with room to improve, Betancourt, Vecino. IMO outside of favourites Uruguay is really good shot. They could melt in group stage with Russia, Egypt and S.Arabia but i dont really see it. Odd for Uruguay is 32.

My ultimate sweat for the golden boot will be Paulinho. He was rated at odds 300 about a month ago (very tempting) so I basically put every freebet I had on him. If he would get it done, I would be one very happy camper 😃

His odds are dropped to 126 now which is always a good sign. I thinks those are still decent odds for an attacking player if anyone's still interested in a long shot, especially when you take in consideration that he plays for Brazil. They can go the distance.

I also dig Coutinho's odds.

Thats pretty good idea with Paulinho. Dont see it myself, but back on my head there is this little what if... Problem with Brazil is they will have at least 3 penalties in the tourney and Paulinho will not make any of it :) Also with Coutinho and Willian he is playing deeper than in Barcelona on the level of Casemiro. Still with his goalscoring record as of late he surely can whoop some 5 goals and win the golden boot.

@jerry

You have a valid point on the penalties. But on his position in Brazil he actually plays quite high. And it's his desire to always get into the box which makes me think this could be an awesome sweat.

Just look at this friendly match against Russia in March, how many times he gets himself in scoring opportunities (he plays with number 15). He even missed an unmissable chance but I rather see that happening than getting no chances at all.

Archived