World Cup Top Speed Bets

BonusPater

Unibet are offering the following bet "Team to feature player with highest top speed", and I'll try and make a profit by every single game where this bet is offered.

First two bets that have already been posted in other threads:
1908065718_topspeedRSA.PNG.b44646a9940ad32d31039eb8f8b1c33f.PNG

special2.PNG.0e31363ee05cc635ef526f19a1e17fe0.PNG

For the matches tomorrow I'm going with:

egyptfast.PNG.0afe041aef23286b76cfcaf48bc40e1a.PNG

The starting 11 of Uruguay is actually pretty slow, and the fastest players are all on the bench. Suarez is one of the fastest players, and he has reached a top speed of around 33km/h, which is nothing compared to Salahs 34.93 km/h. Apart from Salah, Egypt don't have a lot of fast players either, but Trezeguet certainly isn't slow, and he should be a safe bet for the starting 11. 

iranfast.PNG.aed4f0c3d66ffde663cfe33767c296ef.PNG

I'll go with the favorite on this one. Morocco got a few players who're fast on the first few meters, but they don't have an actual sprinter. Iran might not be great at many things, but they sure have some players with a decent speed. Especially counting on the LB Mohammadi for this one

spainfastest.PNG.ea13a82b29fffc4a22bcc7a6913e6793.PNG

This one I honestly don't get, but maybe I'm just missing something. Sure, there are a lot of god and very fast Portuguese players, but the majority are either at home (Bruma, Cancelo, Semedo, Rafa) or not expected to start (Pereira, Martins, Guedes). Ronaldo is pretty much the fastest of the starting 11, and he's not likely to reach more than 31.5 km/h. Spain on the other hand are expected to start with Nacho, who's the fastest player in La Liga this past season, having reached a top speed of 34.59 km/h, and Jordi Alba on the other side of the defence is also lightning fasts (+33.5 km/h). Please tell me if I'm missing something :)

edit: forgot to mention Cedric. In 2015, he did 34.74km/h in Southampton v Watford, but he hasn't been as fast in the past couple of years. Should be a bigger threat than Ronaldo.

About POR-SPAIN,think odds are right considering that Spain will have majority of possession therefore players would not need to produce sprints.On the other side,Portugal will probably drop a bit deeper and trying on counters,so up players can reach highest speed.

Like you mention,only right/left backs could have sprints,for Spain,therefore betting only on them not worth the odds.

Sure, they'll have the more possession, but both Nacho and Alba will often join the attack, so on the counters they'll be in situations where they need to give 100 % to catch up with the Portuguese players. Simply saying that the team with the most possession won't be the one to achieve the highest speed is wrong - it's often a question of just one sprint. Top speeds are usually +32 km/h, and few of the Portuguese players ever reach such speeds. It does matter, but I don't think it matters as much as you think. If we were talking distance covered, it'd be a different case.

NB on a counter attack the defending team doesn't just stop up and stand still ;)

Archived