Who's going to be Costa Rica @ EURO 16?

Mister_Burns

Which team do you believe shall surprise us in France and why? - Can be in a positive and a negetive way -

My pick:

+ Wales: Bale in superform, they have nothling to lose, in good form and a great teamspirit

- Belgium: A lot of defensive injuries, a poor coach and a tough group and draw

- Belgium: just too many injuries in the defensive part of the squad and no balance in the team.
Alderweireld-Vertonghen should play on their best position but there are no alternatives. (Jordan Lukaku and Thomas Meunier are good attacking backs but there positioning and heading force is not good enough in a defensive way)

You guys overrate Iceland ;) Iceland is a team that is easy to love for obvious reasons; it's an uncontroversial country and the ultimate underdog in this context. It is indeed very impressive what they did in the qualifications, but they've now lost a ton of games lately, and even if they're not competitive games, it's not a coincidence. Their player material just isn't anywhere near most of the rest of the teams and I predict it won't be remedied by Lagerbäck's defensive tactics. The magic dust is beginning to wear off.

That said, they might advance in front of Hungary, which is another candidate for weakest team of the championship, but I suspect they will end up plummeled by the better half of the sides. 

I think Ukraine, Austria and England are good candidates for surprise of the tournament :)

And I think Belgium despite rarely impressing is a serious contender, but that's not really in the suprise category. 

+ austria is a though team , no big ego's and just playing as a good team :)

- Belgium is a bit overrated .. We have big names but no team around , for sure now there are jig issues in the defence .

If Slovakia had top striker that would be my pick (still i think they can go far this year). I wonder about Wales. With good chemistry, hard working people around Bale and Ramsay maybe Wales could be the team that no ones tip for something big. 

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Archived