Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

@psrquack wrote:

2 years ago I saw a vacant job like this was advertised (score scout). Shame I didn't apply for that.

@psrquack Do you remember where you saw this kind of job advertised? I've never seen anything like it anywhere, and sometimes wondered where they got the people to do the scores Smile

AndreiBN Rank 26
Rank 26

@Jeppe-Unibet wrote:

@psrquack wrote:

2 years ago I saw a vacant job like this was advertised (score scout). Shame I didn't apply for that.

@psrquack Do you remember where you saw this kind of job advertised? I've never seen anything like it anywhere, and sometimes wondered where they got the people to do the scores Smile

@Jeppe-Unibet , 

If you google "score scout vacancies" there are plenty of jobs offers for something like this. 

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"
Highlighted
psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25

@Jeppe-Unibet wrote:

Sure, but that couln't shed light on it. It was on the greatest local advertising forum and not exactly pointed for scout as job description, but they looked someone, who lives in the capital, knows the rules of various sportsarts and have time to visit the events (it was volleyball and lower league soccer and handball and basketball mentioned), have a laptop/phone with internet and acts very discliplined. I'm sure it was a providor's job offer which was independent from betting firms espcially focused for lower league/not streamed events. Well, next time I will give them a shot.

0 Likes
Joco Rank 13
Rank 13

@nekoneko wrote:

But if it works for them, then why talk on the phone and not just press BET themselves? :P

Because their IP address would match with the location of the event. And I believe that's an instant red flag for the betting provider.

Livertool Rank 24
Rank 24

@Joco wrote:

@nekoneko wrote:

But if it works for them, then why talk on the phone and not just press BET themselves? :P

Because their IP address would match with the location of the event. And I believe that's an instant red flag for the betting provider.

If you use mobiledata and not wifi, none could know where you are Wink

To bet or not to bet, that is the question.
nekoneko Rank 15
Rank 15

Well they can see the city you are in, and then the competion in same city. Red flag because one bet right before score change.

At second bet they probably send you to talk to the support, Offline Smile

0 Likes
Brocky Rank 18
Rank 18
One of my mates used to do the football updates at Spurs; got paid a match ticket, £50 and had a PDA he had to enter all of the action onto. If he made more than a couple of mistakes or was more than a few seconds at pressing the action then he would get disciplined!
cris1285 Rank 21
Rank 21

Thats a nice job, i knew somebody who used to travel just to watch a match and click on the tablet. The bad thing if you make a mistake (when the bookie close all the options), its deducted from your salary. Laugh

https://www.statsperform.com/

Quite interesting site, Opta, Omnisports and the other brands on the bottom, with job offers. E.g.: https://www.optasports.com/about/work-for-opta/

Livertool Rank 24
Rank 24

If it pays 50£ there ain't much to worry if you lose that. But in the next match there would be much more mistakes and that would be the last day in that job Rofl

To bet or not to bet, that is the question.
psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25

@Livertool wrote:

If it pays 50£ there ain't much to worry if you lose that. But in the next match there would be much more mistakes and that would be the last day in that job Rofl

Imagine he is away with Spurs and home hools attack happens. Would you run for your life and lose your job or keep the job, but risk an injury?