When does Unibet settle election winner bets.

maskinjegern

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, unibet is playing it safe.

look up what happened in the 2000 election

algore thought he won for a bit and media was praising him as the new leader just to not end up being the winner due to Florida state flipping

there is a lot of fraud claims going in the swing states that need to be fully resolved through Supreme Court 

• Like 4

Hey all, please do not take anything as official announcement unless it comes from me, other employees tagged with the official Unibet-sign or via our Live Chat or email. I will update here once I know when the bets will be settled, as there are multiple types of bets on the election that are still unsettled. 

I am talking with our traders to have the matter clarified. 

Yes, I spoke to Unibet on Live Chat and they confirmed to me, we'll need to wait until we have clarity on the automatic recount threshold in some states like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Arizona".  
I guess someone should tell Bojo who has already congratulated Biden!

• Like 1

Just stop it skeetey.

I am sorry that you lost the bet and that you are disappointed about the results but the bet was all about PROJECTION. Projections are done by media. All of them PROJECT Biden as a winner and therefore the bet needs to be settled.

If you want to bet on what the courts would do, there was someone in this thread that said he would take your money.

Unibet is playing it safe, if there is indeed no validity to the legal processes you still win your money so awesome, if there is fraud and Biden’s projection is wrong

no one loses money

They don’t want to come back regretting decisions

• Like 4

If there is a 100m Olympic final race, unibet pays out on the guy who crosses the line first, it doesn't sit on your money for years in case a doping challenge ever arises. 
The bet said it would settle on projections, which is what has happened. There were other bets being offered at different odds for who would be the next president for a reason!

• Like 1

Rocketmen, check your Open Bets slip in case u placed a diff bet as there were multiple options such as next president, etc - mine says, "if there is no clear winner on Election Day the offer will be settled as soon as a candidate is projected to win beyond reasonable doubt".  

Surely BBC, Fox, CNN, the PM, German chancellor, Israeli PM together count as "beyond reasonable doubt".  None seem to be any doubt at all.

Hey,

Let me know if you have unsettled bets on that you think should already be settled, I will go through them case by case then. If you do post something, please include the Coupon ID for convenience. What comes to the cheating allegations etc, I can not comment on those and we will see it then, but I'm fairly certain the bets will stand as is.

• Like 2

@rockormen, there isn't any proof of cheating :) And state recounts won't change anything. Historically, they've moved a couple hundred votes, and in this case we're talking more than 40,000 votes in just one state (PA 40k, AZ 20k, GA +10k, WI 20k). Biden has won by a big total margin (306 electoral votes), and potential recounts won't change the slightest :) It's also worth noting that the states generally don't qualify for a recount, as per state law in each individual state where it was tight.

You might want to unfollow Trump's Twitter account ;)

• Like 4

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

The MEDIA does not get to decide who wins. Calling it this early is a complete sham by unibet. This is just like Al Gore all over again, it was a done deal they said. Media was all over it. Went to court and he lost. Its never official until its finally over. So if this turns around which i believe it will. Unibet better fix their mistake or they will have a ton of lawsuits on their hands for calling it pre maturely just because CNN and Associated press has projected biden as the winner.

• Like 4