Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BonusPater Rank 24
Rank 24

And a few words about why I think there's value in this bet (wanted to post the bet asap, as Unibet currently has the highest odds and it has started to slash): 
Yes, Schalke HeartsHeartHearts HeartsHeartHearts at the moment, and they've had the worst ever start to a Bundesliga season. The opening odds was 2.07, and it was around 2.17 before the public money made this bet interesting. Let's be honest; the majority don't do much research before placing a bet, and to many an odds close to 5 will be very interesting, when the other team has lost 5 league games in a row. There's a huge difference between the quality of these two teams, and even though Schalke haven't impressed, they haven't been as bad as the Bundesliga table would suggest. They played a very decent game in Nice - should have won with at least two goals - and Salzburg disappointed at home against Krasnodar. I'm fairly certain we'll see some tactical changes from Weinzierl, which I expect to have a positive effect - can of course have the opposite effect as well, but hey, how much worse can it get Wink

EDIT: Just as I finished writing this, the odds decreased a little. It's now 2.43, which still has a bit of value.

Former community manager. Used to be known as "Stubbe-Unibet" | Bundesliga blog | How NOT to play poker blog
psrquack Rank 24
Rank 24

I think your team is in a must-win-how-doesn't-matter period, so after the supposed first goal they will trying to pass the bus driver exam. So I expect short, safety first passes, some crampedness and physical play. I can't support your bet.

BonusPater Rank 24
Rank 24

@psrquack wrote:

I think your team is in a must-win-how-doesn't-matter period, so after the supposed first goal they will trying to pass the bus driver exam. So I expect short, safety first passes, some crampedness and physical play. I can't support your bet.

I don't remember the last time I saw Schalke park the buss with success Very Happy

If they're leading 1-0 with 15-20 minutes left, they might try, but else I don't really see it happening tbh - didn't do it against Nice. It's not really the Schalke way to play, and they don't have the defensive stability to do it.

As expected, there're quite a lot of changes in the starting 11 for Schalke. Defensively it looks quite strong, but the team might be struggling a bit in the other end of the pitch, which obviously doesn't speak for this bet.

Fährmann
Höwedes - Naldo - Nastasic - Kolasinac
Geis - Bentaleb
Schöpf - Meyer - Goretzka
Embolo

CtiCqayWEAIZI0b

Former community manager. Used to be known as "Stubbe-Unibet" | Bundesliga blog | How NOT to play poker blog
psrquack Rank 24
Rank 24

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

As expected, there're quite a lot of changes in the starting 11 for Schalke. Defensively it looks quite strong, but the team might be struggling a bit in the other end of the pitch, which obviously doesn't speak for this bet.

This is what I'm saying about. The need of win. Or at least the need of don't lose. It's always heavy playing a difference tactic as the conventional. Doon't forget, only Bundesliga counts (and the game against BVB) the EL is the plus but not the first target of the season.

0 Likes
psrquack Rank 24
Rank 24

Say hi to the bus!Smile

0 Likes
BonusPater Rank 24
Rank 24
Nothing changed since the goal Wink they'll keep playing like this till there's 15-20 min left, and maybe the entire match - when you're superior to your opponent, playing way better and they don't create any chances, it doesn't make sense to park the bus Smile
0 Likes
psrquack Rank 24
Rank 24

To be honest, it was a terrible and boring first half. RB played like a home team and Schalke tried the counter attack play(oh it's so heavy typing it in english, because I watch the game with german commentators and trying everything to write in german).  So I think Schalke should put RB more under pressure  and close the opportunity of RB's wing attacks.

BonusPater Rank 24
Rank 24
I'll just let the score speak for itself Wink
0 Likes
psrquack Rank 24
Rank 24

Well, great pick at all even the away team scored twice though.Tongue

BonusPater Rank 24
Rank 24

Status before the 6th Bundesliga round:

# of bets: 31
# of settled bets: 29
# of won bets: 13
Units in play: 31.5
Average odds: 3.9
Average bet value: 105.7
ROI 27.3
Units won: 6.68

All bets can be seen here: https://db.tt/6j8JMSGH 

0 Likes