Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Haaland saga continues. The new one is Barcelona. Dortmund is asking 180 and Barca only having 150mlne credit line 🤣 Dont forget parasite Raiola want atleast 20mln [why exactly Haaland need that pig, father of Haaland which by the way is travelling with him along, would be enough negotiator]. Dortmund is asking too low IMO, realistically Haaland is only option in current market, they can go for Neymar money. Maybe Raiola is there too rule that out...

Barcelona is perfect club for Haaland. Best among top clubs along with Real but they somehow see him as a backup to Mbappe. As a replacement Barca is thinking of getting Kane which would be a another big transfer flop for them. Kane is good striker, no doubt, but he will be injured for at least 50% of his contract, not to mention track record of english players abroad...

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

I seriously doubt Schalke would be in the same situation, had they had 60k fans at home every week.

Based on WuDu's match reports, i have no doubts :laugh:

Anyways, situation is more or less same for every team. If i remenber correctly, last stats i saw from pl, home win % dropped 3-4% and home draws were about 5% less than playing in frong of crowd.

@jerry is right. It is not fool who asks but who pays so 300M would have been better pricetag. It would give buyer the image that they got Haaland very cheap if price ends up around 150M. Half price, job well done😏

• Like 1

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

I seriously doubt Schalke would be in the same situation, had they had 60k fans at home every week. Same goes for Dortmund to some extent.

:laugh:

Like I mentioned a few times before, delusion is part of the DNA of every Smurf supporter! :atisfied: Do you remember when the fans demanded Stambouli to hand offer the captain's armband? Or when they made Nübel cry on the pitch like a little girl? A few weeks ago, they stormed the team hotel. With 60 K fans right now, there would be riots and public lynchings. :laugh: Let's see what they are doing once Schalke is officially relegated in 2 weeks...

Moukoko now out for the season and Sancho didn't travel to England as well. Let's see what tomorrow brings...   

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Moukoko now out for the season and Sancho didn't travel to England as well. Let's see what tomorrow brings..

You better park your bus very deep and hope for only max 1 goal defeat tonight. That leaves some excitement for 2nd match. Can't beat City with attacking.

• Like 1

I think this UCL game against City is the game of the decade for BVB. New UCL is forming, there will be changes in 2024 and the born of the new European Super League is around the corner. With the Conference League they closed the door and the money from the average/poor teams of Europe and within the next 5 years we will see what current european top club will be club member and who will fall. Dortmund's misfortune that foreign people don't match Germany with BVB (they would say Bayern if you ask them name a german team) and due to the financial power Leipzig's place in the Superleague is undisputable. So BVB will fight for the 3rd or maybe 4th place against Gladbach/Leverkusen/Frankfurt and without impressive CL presense and results they will fall. For the creators of the Superleague is almost equal which german team will get the reamining places, but if you can't get it, you will miss a chance signing top players and will lose sponsors too. You can laugh at me, but remember what Ibrahimovic said before he was moved to MU (I'm not playing football on Thursday), or remember how low knew SAF about Euroleague. Unfortunately only UCL counts.

In other Bundesliga news:

Hertha Berlin fired Hungarian goalie coach Zsolt Petry because he gave a newspaper interview where he disagreed with gay marriage and 3rd world immigration into Europe. :laugh:

The Smurfs with a 53 M loss in 2020, however their female finance director is planning to turn the ship around "middle to long term" and is expecting significant transfer fees once they go down to the 2. Bundesliga. :laugh:

Gnabry out with corona. I think that's now the 9th (!!!!!) Bayern player who caught it. :laugh:

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

bvb.PNG.37a153f15a893b111519a88b534154d4.PNG

giphy

• Like 1

Pep always overthinks the CL. But this is a decent lineup, lets see what is his strategy this time. 

Decent yeah but why bench your top guns and do some experiment in match like this :geek: Not like he has to rest his players or anything..who knows.

Nice work ref! 👍

One goal gifted to City by Can, the Bellingham goal stolen by the ref. 

• Like 1

I get the feeling that once this season is over, Pep Fraudiola is going to whine to his Arabian sugar daddy once again! :laugh:

The ref was a complete joke:

san.PNG.455beff02003b216337d86be7d3e1c69.PNG

The result of the game is OK for us. Of course, Can causing another goal against us and Thomas "No Mas" Meunier also being involved in the other one despite just playing 10 minutes. 😠

I really liked Bellingham today, as well as Dahoud, Hummels and Akanji.

• Like 1

@Livertool wrote:

The result of the game is OK for us

Away goal was crucial. Late goal wasn't that big deal in any case you'll have to win next time. Lets see what Pep comes up then, change all defenders for surprise element? 🤣

And who assisted on the 1-1? :cash::cash1::cash:

Well, if we win 1-0, we're through, the problem is, our defense resembles Swiss cheese!

Will be interesting to see how much we're rotating in the Bundesliga now. Haaland, Guerreiro, Reus, Hummels, Can, Bellingham could all use a break.

• Like 1

Watched yesterday's game:

pros: offensive play, not parking the bus, good goalie, trying the combinative play.

cons: lack of speed, many times outnumbered on midfield, poor defence.

Unfortunately this is enough for a heroic die.

Skipping next game against Stuttgart would be similar to suicide. There is still a chance for the UCL, they must grab it.

@psrquack wrote:

Watched yesterday's game:

pros: offensive play, not parking the bus, good goalie, trying the combinative play.

cons: lack of speed, many times outnumbered on midfield, poor defence.

Unfortunately this is enough for a heroic die.

Skipping next game against Stuttgart would be similar to suicide. There is still a chance for the UCL, they must grab it.

Have we seen the same game? Haaland and Knauff are pretty speedy and the defence was excellent (for BVB standards) yesterday! City didn't buy the ref a new house for nothing...:laugh:

Regarding being outnumbered: Some dude on twitter counted the overloads (2 or more opponents) for Morey and Meunier on our right side/CIty's left side: 2 for Morey from minutes 1-62. 9 for Morey between 63-80. 5 for Meunier between 81-90. Guess what happened in the 63rd minute?  :puking:

I don't want to say that it's all Reyna's fault, Meunier is a complete disaster, but I didn't see him on offense and on defense he was not working at all.  

Watched highlights, did they even used var in Ederson situation? 

Where was the bus in late match? Players distances miles away, midfielders scratching their bums somewhere when heading for xtra time, leaving 5 on 4 inside box. You getet what you deserve😏

664053133_Screenshot_20210407-1148452.png.c8b7170919be5c7379236bdbe0b731c5.png

The BVB getting ready to come back out onto the pitch for the second half:

giphy

• Like 2

@WuDu wrote:

The BVB getting ready to come back out onto the pitch for the second half:

giphy

Obviously a really entertaining game after the half time break after the 1st half was close to nothing. But with regards to next Wednesday, the performance arrow is trending upwards for a few BVB players: Reus with another goal, Gio Reyna with an assist and a few good situations ( I think he was pre-assisting the 2-1 as well). Even Julian Brandt didn't make a mistake in his 10 minutes of playing time! 👍 Thank God Meunier stayed on the bench and grandpa Piszczek was subbed in for Morey this time.

Our best guys were Dahoud, Bellingham and Knauff. Bellingham is really playing well over the past few weeks; even better than Dahoud, who's no slouch either. This has to be the default central midfield combination for next season. It's such a pity that Sancho is injured right now, I would really like to see him play with Haaland in the middle and Knauff on the other wing! Top speed everywhere. Especially against Fraudiola next week. Speaking of Knauff, great goal to win the game for us and he's now secured a roster spot for the foreseeable future:

knauff.thumb.PNG.ccbc2ce4472df1ebd55903c8437626ab.PNG

• Like 1

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

The dream is alive! Now we just need a draw in the next one and it's a perfect Sunday.

giphy.gif

The Smurfs are the only team in the Bundesliga right now that has won more games in 2021 than in all of 2020 already! Progress!

giphy

:Laugh:

• Like 3