Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

[Communicado Official] Borussia Dortmund releases Marco Rose from his signature. He is no longer needed. Dortmund chosing to stay with Terzic  (twitter.com)

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

At this point i dont see Bayern as CL favourite. I have gut feeling that someone weird will win that trophy. Dont think it will be City even if they play the best football right know. Pep will blow things like always. So, Real again? 😛

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@Livertool

Nah Dortmund is not there IMO but good luck with your bet :cash:. Im not really sure if they overcome Sevilla. Spaniards will score in Dortmund, question is whether they can do it twice or more and close Haaland. Lopetegui is good tactician he will give Sevilla a chance.

Chelsea looks like a someone that can grind their way to the final if they can get over Atletico. But i give like 40-50 chance that either Atleti or Sevilla will make upset away.

Questioning why we stopped playing after 10 minutes and let Bayern attack again and again. The 1-2 is clearly Schulz' fault and Dahoud completely missing the ball causing the penalty was also not that smart. :sad:

On the bench for us on offense: Brandt, Reinier and Moukoko. However I think we're rather seeing someone like Bellingham first...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Year after year Dortmund have one of the best offensive in Europe yet the defensive is 10x worse.

All Dortmund need is decent defensive midfielder [dont even start that Witsel and Delaney is decent and 50mE defender someone like Van Dijk and you can beat Bayern. This thing is in the past though. Next year Haaland out and Dortmund will comfortably sit at 8th place.

Or maybe they follow best friends from Schalke :happy:😀

It was a weird game, since I'm not a fan of parking the bus with 80 minutes to go.

Apart from that, the BVB didn't play that poorly, if you consider that we were playing without our top-4 offensive playmakers after the 60th minute. So in contrast to @jerry I don't see the BVB as barely a top-8 team without Haaland. :atisfied:

I understand that Haaland was injured and Hazard wasn't ready for 90 minutes, however Terzic bringing on Brandt and Tigges :speechless: as our first subs? 😠 And leaving Moukoko out again? 

Besides Tigges, since he's usually playing for BVB 2, I'd say that Meunier as well as Brandt were the worst players today. The rest was playing well. Hopefully Zagadou now permanently moves into the lineup again. On Tuesday, we'll have to fight against Sevilla and next Saturday, we're hosting Hertha Berlin. These are two very important matches. :cash:

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I think Herr @jerry shouldn't listen to fake news so much. :laugh:

lewa.PNG.0ecfb708ebc4f7161036542332972309.PNG

Lewa with 31 goals so far and 10 Bundesliga games left. The legendary all-time record by Gerd Müller stands at 40 goals. Reaching this mark is really possible if he stays healthy.

• Like 1

@jerry wrote:

[Communicado Official] Nevermind. Rose here we come.  (twitter.com)

Gladbach with another loss under Rose. 1 draw, 5 losses in the last 6 Bundesliga matches. No win in the last 8 matches overall. :speechless: This will be a feast for the sports media in Germany.

• Like 1

@WuDu

Meltdowns of BMG and Liverpool are defo the highlights of this season. Would be funny if Dortmund resign from Rose 🤣. What now? Will they fire him. Can see them unable to win a match this season. They played Schalke already? 😏

• Like 1

@jerry wrote:

@WuDu

Would be funny if Dortmund resign from Rose 🤣. What now? Will they fire him. Can see them unable to win a match this season. They played Schalke already? 😏

top.PNG.2c1d0bfd4d662d3e194a6e0524237f51.PNG

It's the late match next Saturday! :laugh:

Of course, a loss against the Smurfs is always a reason to get fired, but this could get interesting! However Gladbach scored a goal, missed a penalty and had some chances today. 26-10 shots, 10-1 corners and 65 % possession. Against Schalke, that should do it! 

I think some people overestimate Terzic's performance for the BVB so far. Let's not forget that he's running the team into the ground by barely rotating and refusing to substitute his players during the games. Akanji, Guerreiro and Sancho are all out with muscle injuries. Can, Hummels, Haaland are probably running on empty. He's ignoring Moukoko lately despite Brandt and Reyna not showing much. Although I have to say, he made some ballsy moves: Morey for Meunier, Hitz for Bürki, Reus out of the middle. 

I think once Rose is done in Dortmund, Terzic could be the next head coach.

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

Let's not forget that he's running the team into the ground by barely rotating and refusing to substitute his players during the games. 

Tough game during the week and Terzic made just one change to the lineup: Brandt for Delaney! 😞

buli.PNG.a31c51dd2e43044ec024c27f362056ca.PNG

9 gamedays left and it's getting really interesting. At the bottom of the league, we have 4 teams fighting relegation, separated by just 1 point and with similar goal differences. 2 of them stay in the Bundesliga, 1 has to play the relegation playoffs and 1 goes down directly. What a season that would be if Hertha gets relegated as well! ❤️

At the top, the BVB is now only 2 points behind Frankfurt who haven't won in any of the 3 games after beating Bayern. We all know about Gladbach's freefall, however Leverkusen isn't much better! Only one win in the last five games and that win came against Gladbach. Today they lost against Bielefeld at home. If you look at the standings, Union and Stuttgart now have a realistic shot at reaching the Europa League.

• Like 1

@psrquack wrote:

Hey @WuDu , I have read rumours about Gulacsi's transfer to BVB this summer. Is it true or just a hoax?

@psrquack 

Tough to say, but I'd assume he's negotiating for a higher salary with Red Bull. Hitz has been extended for 2 more years already and in the last few games he saved us a few times (Bensebaini's shot in the cup game e.g. ). Gulacsi is also turning 31 in a few months, so this is not the typical BVB transfer. Even if HItz is not the long term answer for us, is Gulacsi so much better?

Clean sheets Hitz: 5 in 9 games. 55,6%.

Clean sheets Gulacsi: 12 in 25 games. 48%.

Hitz saves 67,9 %, Gulacsi saves 66,1%.

Hits concedes 1 goal for every 90 minutes, Gulacsi 1 goal every 107 minutes this season. Advantage Gulacsi, however Bürki conceded 1 goal for every 55 minutes for us. :wow:

To conclude, I think Bürki is gone after this year, however what we're doing then is too hard to tell. However I think we won't go after Gulacsi.

• Like 1

@Livertool wrote:

Pretty sure no CL trophy for Dortmund, such bad beat with raffle. On the other hand Liver got luck and if they get their ❤️♥️❤️ together final ain't impossible. Last chance to play CL next year too :scared:

erl.PNG.37ce8e9d135b3075125719ec3d2cb291.PNG

giphy

Tough matchup vs Köln today, since we're missing a ton of key players: Guerreiro, Sancho, Morey, Reus, Zagadou are all out. So I feel we're seeing Gio Reyna again next to Hazard and Haaland in the front 3. That's OK for me. Brandt likely will get another shot at making an impact as a starter after his lucky goal last week. Moukoko and Reinier as the only offensive options on the bench. 

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

Tough matchup vs Köln today, since we're missing a ton of key players: Guerreiro, Sancho, Morey, Reus, Zagadou are all out. So I feel we're seeing Gio Reyna again next to Hazard and Haaland in the front 3. That's OK for me. Brandt likely will get another shot at making an impact as a starter after his lucky goal last week. Moukoko and Reinier as the only offensive options on the bench. 

As predicted! Cannot believe that we let Köln back into the game after the early goal. Frankfurt and Wolfsburg are winning right now, so hopefully, Moukoko comes on sooner than later! But whom am I kidding? 

Bayern is leading Stuttgart 4:0, with Lewa already scoring 3 times. The funny thing about that score? Bayern lost Davies to a red card after 12 minutes. :speechless:

• Like 2

@WuDu wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

As predicted! Cannot believe that we let Köln back into the game after the early goal. Frankfurt and Wolfsburg are winning right now, so hopefully, Moukoko comes on sooner than later! But whom am I kidding? 

Bayern is leading Stuttgart 4:0, with Lewa already scoring 3 times. The funny thing about that score? Bayern lost Davies to a red card after 12 minutes. :speechless:

I had a betbuilder: Bayern to win, at least 3 goals and BTTS. Still cant believe Stuttgart couldnt score...

Also hard to believe this epic downfall from Schalke. There were signs already last year that Bundesliga 2 is very likely in the near future, but come on, silver medal three, CL knockout stage two years ago. Brutal turnaround. However after the pathetic displays against Mainz and Gladbach, there is no way back. And who knows when we see the blues again in the top league, BuLi2 is tough one (just to name a few "lost" teams: Lautern, Hansa Rostock, 1860 Munich, Hamburg).

• Like 4

@cris1285 wrote:

I had a betbuilder: Bayern to win, at least 3 goals and BTTS. Still cant believe Stuttgart couldnt score...

Also hard to believe this epic downfall from Schalke. There were signs already last year that Bundesliga 2 is very likely in the near future, but come on, silver medal three, CL knockout stage two years ago. Brutal turnaround. However after the pathetic displays against Mainz and Gladbach, there is no way back. And who knows when we see the blues again in the top league, BuLi2 is tough one (just to name a few "lost" teams: Lautern, Hansa Rostock, 1860 Munich, Hamburg).

Ouch! :speechless: 

@cris1285 First I have to compliment you for your Bundesliga knowledge! Lautern is one of the lost teams you mentioned which could very well show the direction the smurfs are about to take. A typical chaos club with money issues. 1860 also had some kind of downfall, but their relegation into 4th tier Regionalliga Bayern was mainly due to money issues (which saved the SC Paderborn in 2017 btw). But yeah, Schalke 04 will be the biggest name to ever play in the 2. Bundesliga.

Honestly, if you read my posts from a few years ago, you could see that I used to criticize the smurfs for a very long time. Yes, in 17/18 they received the "silver medal", however they played ugly football, had a lot of luck and were the worst 2nd place finisher in at least 20 years. Yes, in 18/19 they reached the UCL playoffs, however only due to the fact that their group was an absolute joke (Porto, Gala and Lok Moscow). City sent them home 7:0 for a reason.

Did I expect them to completely implode like they did over the last 1,5 years? No, however the signs of incompetence on all levels were clear to see:

Be it their president, who had to step down after a massive corona outbreak in his slaughterhouse.

Be it their last two GMs, Heidel and Schneider, who completely botched transfer period after transfer period and burned coach after coach. Heidel e.g. bought  18 players for 153,2 M Euros in his 3 years. Out of these 18 players, round about half of them have been sold already for 17,3 M total. :laugh: The rest will either be bought out or sold at their buying price at best. Not one player improved his market value over time. Once Schneider took over, things took a turn for the worse...🤣

If you look at their coaches, who was the last coach whose career wasn't destroyed by the club? Huub Stevens? 

Look at their players! A non-existent scouting department, players get worse once they arrive and their youth academy stopped producing young talent.

And with corona restrictions in full place, I assume that they're missing round about 50 M Euro per full season due to having to play without supporters.

No way in hell these guys will do anything next year, actually, I feel they could even be fighting relegation again. :laugh: And then the question remains with 200 M in debt, how long are you able to survive in the 2. Bundesliga?

• Like 3