Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

@cris1285 wrote:

Maybe Hoppe wasnt enough for Schalke 2, but he scored 5 times in 3 games since @WuDu mentioned him 🤣 Juicy odds on his goals, the bookies will cut it down week by week. #anti-jinx #hopeahoppe 😏

Hoppe is on a run, I have to give that to him, maybe he really scores again vs Bayern and they lose 2-9 or 1-8 this weekend. Bayern with a terrible defense so far this year. What are his odds?  Fortes fortuna adiuvat.

17 matchdays until the smurfs and their delusional fan base aren't soiling the Bundesliga anymore. The only way they have a chance now is to start bribing the refs and the VAR, however they're way too broke for this strategy. Usually that should be the end for this club, however I believe the German FA and the state NRW will find some ways to keep the club afloat in the 2. Bundesliga.

On Friday, the BVB plays against Gladbach again. So far, Terzic hasn't shown much at all. He seems like a nice guy but this team needs some huge overhaul in the summer, especially when Sancho leaves. What is the plan with Julian Brandt?  We either give him a central spot in our starting lineup and build around him or we have to part ways. What about Moukoko? Is he ready to be a regular part of the rotation or not? What about Reus? Or Witsel? Or Zagadou? Or Akanji?

Speaking of Gladbach, have you heard about Breel Embolo? :laugh:

• Police report last weekend that a private party in Essen has been dissolved late at night (against corona lockdown rules).
  • One unnamed Bundesliga pro was there as well.
  • Some corona issues with Embolo, so he missed the last game for Gladbach.
  • News reports that Embolo was the unnamed Bundesliga pro.
  • Embolo posts on instagram that he dindu nuffin and was a good boy and was just watching the NBA at 2 AM with a buddy in an appartment in the same house. :laugh:
  • Gladbach officials and players support him.
  • Police reports that Embolo fled the party scene via the rooftop and they found him later alone in the appartment. :laugh: 
  •  On Wednesday, someone on Embolo's behalf contacted the mayor of Essen, to figure out whether it's possible to drop any charges in exchange for a donation to charity. :laugh:
  • Hookers might have been at the party as well. ❤️

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Tractor Poznan and Inter Turku, here we come! 

bvb.thumb.PNG.3695625522a2028e0617cba01bf914a1.PNG

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 2 weeks later...

buli.PNG.5009748d5e346ce9a69ed86695dbbe2b.PNG

ytmkRqv

Hertha Berlin getting dragged into relegation as well next to the smurfs would be the icing on the cake. The smurfs brought back grandpa Huntelaar, Hertha is about to sign Khedira from Juventus. Whoever is calling the shots in Berlin is absolutely clueless!

• Like 1

Some interesting storylines in the Bundesliga right now:

bulitop.PNG.1d9c38768add28cfaec98a86ffbe6c0c.PNG

Bayern will win again, Red Bull is going to finish in 2nd place, however then it's getting really interesting! Especially in times of corona, you cannot drop out of the UCL if you're a regular UCL team. Wolfsburg and Frankfurt are not playing in Europe this year, Frankfurt also isn't playing in the cup anymore as well. In addition to that, Frankfurt is on fire and they added Jovic again! As of now, I'm expecting them to reach the UCL! Leverkusen is in a freefall since they lost to Bayern due to Tah's last second blunder, however if they get back on track, they also have the talent.

We all know about the problems of the BVB----> sabotaged by Lucien Favre for much of the year, Terzic isn't much better; an unbalanced roster with a lot of guys being completely out of form; injury problems. In addition, we're also playing the cup and the UCL.

Gladbach is inconsistent this year and Union is starting to drop.

At the bottom:

bulibot.PNG.6517ea8d3f62be0be46c10eadb3bd08c.PNG

The smurfs are gone and if they don't go broke over the summer (200 M Euro in debt, personell costs of 130 M), we won't see them in the Bundesliga for a very long time! In the 2. Bundesliga, they have to rebuild their complete roster, find a new head coach, a new GM/director, all while needing to slash their payroll and being under intense pressure to get promoted. That is if they don't go broke and have to restart in the Regionalliga West (4th division).

I wouldn't put it past Mainz to reach the 16th spot, however that will be tough. Köln has been resurrected by the BVB a few weeks ago and they even added Emmanuel Dennis (hope they make sure he always gets his favourite spot on the team bus, though :laugh: ) and Max Meyer to their roster. Hertha fighting relegation will be the big story over the next weeks as they face Bayern on Friday. Bielefeld won against everybody in the basement, except Köln today.

So there's still some entertainment left for all the Euro bros following the league. Besides, Bayern, BVB, Red Bull and Gladbach all made it past the group stage in the UCL!  

• Like 3

The BVB with another "stunning" performance! And now our competition starts to win again. We're now 6 behind Wolfsburg, 3 behind Leverkusen and Gladbach as well as Frankfurt are still playing later today and tomorrow! If we continue that way, we have to win the cup for the privilege of travelling to Inter Turku and Lokomotive Chisinau next year! :puking:

But hey, playing without a goalie has some risks! :laugh: At least we can buy Onana from Ajax for the new season...oh wait....

Hey @Purps, how about that?

angel.PNG.8a75fa42e7a001e0d4c74161d67f883e.PNG

@Purps wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

If we continue that way, we have to win the cup for the privilege of travelling to Inter Turku next year! :puking:

@WuDu 

That would be great. Even I might have to waddle my way to the stadium for the first time in a few years :laugh:

Out of us two, that makes it at least one happy customer!

The BVB is in serious trouble now and it's time to start playing the guys in good form and put the bums on the bench for once. I'm looking at you Reus, Brandt and Gio! 

giphy

Hopefully Hazard comes back sooner than later and Moukoko is getting his fair shot in the starting lineup next to Haaland! Then bring in Dahoud and see how it goes. 

@Purps 

Did you know that you guys received fantasy points for the players in the postponed game between Bielefeld and Bremen? Well, OK then, at least you finally sold Gio Reyna...:laugh:

• Like 1

Well Smurf-bros, guess who's back with the team:

giphy

🤣

So on its farewell-tour in the Bundesliga, a smart football team would try to do anything to prepare for the 2. Bundesliga next year. Sitting all players they loaned, establishing a core of players that will stay with the team next year as well, hoping to raise the value of players they try to sell during the summer break, changing the GM etc. What are the smurfs doing? They loaned Kolasinac, William and Huntelaar. Signed Mustafi for the rest of the year and are now bringing back Bentaleb whom they suspended 3 months ago and whose contract runs out in June. :laugh: 

You heard it here first, if Unibet offers a bet on the smurfs NOT to get promoted to the Bundesliga in 2022, take it confidently!

• Like 1

Important weeks coming up for the BVB in February: Hoffenheim, Sevilla, Smurfs and Bielefeld are our next 4 opponents. In the Bundesliga, we have to win 3 out of 3 and then see whether Wolfsburg and Frankfurt can keep up their pace. Wolfsburg is playing Gladbach this round and Frankfurt goes against Bayern the next round.

Hoffenheim is a weird team this year: Won 4-1 against Bayern and lost 0-4 against the smurfs! That's like showing up with 20 year old Adriana Lima as your girlfriend one week and a 50 year old pre-op tranny the next week! :laugh:

Having said that, Hoffenheim has always been a tough opponent for the BVB: In 18/19 we led 3-0 at home and finished 3-3. In 19/20 we led 1-0 in Hoffenheim and also lost. The 0-4 at the end of last season, I'm not even counting. Head coach Terzic was also unhappy with the performance of certain stars last week, so we'll see if he has the balls to sit Reus, Brandt and Reyna and start Moukoko instead. Hazard is back in training but he'll most certainly come off the bench for now.  

• Like 2

The state of the smurfs, quoting their head coach:

One week ago: "There is no coming back for Bentaleb from suspension!"

Earlier this week: "The team wants me to bring back Bentaleb."

2 days ago: "Well, I didn't suspend Bentaleb, I have no problem with him!"

Today: Starting lineup!

🤣 Fun fact, Bentaleb has been suspended 5 times already in his time with the smurfs! :laugh:

Marco Rose has been signed by the BVB to be the new head coach for next season! Terzic stays on as an assistant. An OK move, it cannot get any worse for us anymore...

The BVB plays Sevilla on Wednesday and I'm having a bad feeling about that one. Except Guerreiro, Sancho and Haaland, no one on the team is able to create chances. The team is not working together and our defense is a total joke. Hitz, Hummels and Akanji were terrible against Hoffenheim.

Tomorrow there are interesting UCL games as well: Barca-PSG :puking: and Red Bull-Liverpool. 

Don't forget, on Saturday there  will be the last Bundesliga Ruhrderby in history between the BVB and the Smurfs. You might want to check that one out...  

• Like 1

Best half of the season from our beloved BVB! 3 goals and no player really played poorly. OK, Guerreiro maybe...

Haaland, Sancho, Dahoud and Bellingham were excellent. Hopefully Dahoud now gets more playing time in a 4-3-3 and Brandt and Reyna ride the bench for a while. Speaking of Haaland:

The final Ruhrderby in Bundesliga history is here, who is  watching with me?

buli.PNG.bf805dc52dbc01b625bbf52dae9aa2fa.PNG

Frankfurt won today against Bayern, meaning that now officially sh*t hit the fan for the BVB because as of now we're 9 points behind Wolfsburg and Frankfurt. If Red Bull beats Hertha tomorrow, they're just 2 points behind Bayern and the league all of a sudden is open again.

At the bottom, Mainz is storming back, so the race for the one remaining direct relegation spot is also wide open again.

Usually we should win 5-0, 6-0 today and rest some of our key guys in the second half, but the smurfs will be motivated in the beginning, so it might get tricky in the first half. Once Haaland gets a little bit of space, it's light out.  

• Like 1

Thank you Stambouli! 🤣

The smurfs with a solid performance for the first 40 minutes, but they're simply not a Bundesliga team! Now they have to open up....

tenor

I still think Schalke can still pull it off 😏 Wins against Mainz, Augsburg,Hertha,, maybe some draw against Bielefeld, maybe Hoffe will lend a helping hand again some upset maybe against broken BMG and there will be championship final against Koeln in last match :happy:. Not the biggest chances of this happening but still, seen weirder stuff. If @WuDu would give me some good odds i can take the bet 🤣

Wonder why Dortmund went after Rose instead of going after Marsh. So year from now Rose is out and Dortmund will be paying another clause to BMG to get Marsh 😀

Have some nice combos with BMG winning the DFB pokal. Was fairly sure of those but after Rose news and seeing how this affected the team it will be pretty hard. Not to mention it seems that Dortmund found some form. That Sevilla win was really good, but still im betting some coins that Sevilla will go through. 

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@jerry wrote:

I still think Schalke can still pull it off 😏 Wins against Mainz, Augsburg,Hertha,, maybe some draw against Bielefeld, maybe Hoffe will lend a helping hand again some upset maybe against broken BMG and there will be championship final against Koeln in last match :happy:. Not the biggest chances of this happening but still, seen weirder stuff. If @WuDu would give me some good odds i can take the bet 🤣

Wonder why Dortmund went after Rose instead of going after Marsh. So year from now Rose is out and Dortmund will be paying another clause to BMG to get Marsh 😀

Have some nice combos with BMG winning the DFB pokal. Was fairly sure of those but after Rose news and seeing how this affected the team it will be pretty hard. Not to mention it seems that Dortmund found some form. That Sevilla win was really good, but still im betting some coins that Sevilla will go through. 

@jerry 

What about an avatar bet? Odds would be the difference in the # of months. 5,00?

Having said that, the Smurfs are gone. As I mentioned before, they played OK for the first 40 minutes up until Stambouli gave the ball away 20 meters in front of his own goal! But they were by far the worst team playing against Dortmund this year next to Duisburg in the 1st round of the cup. 

If the Smurfs are smart, they're trying to get Baumgart from Paderborn for next year. Great coach who's a free agent in the summer. Knows the 2. Bundesliga, already promoted twice over the last 3 years, knows how to work while being on a budget (only 1,5 M spent on transfers in the past 4 years, 10,5 M taken in).

If Baumgart is smart, he'd decline immediately and stay in Paderborn and wait for an offer in the Bundesliga. :laugh:

Dortmund is too big to pick up coaches directly from Austria. You need to have a certain authority to coach these big clubs. Rumours are that the BVB wants to bring back Stuttgart's Mislintat to be our new DIrector of Sports in 2022 when Zorc retires. Mislintat was our head of scouting from 2009-2017, so that would be a great choice. Maybe Stuttgart's current head coach shows up here as well if Rose doesn't work out. 

• Like 2

We all know the Smurfs are one of the worst teams in Bundesliga history this season, but how bad are they really?

This season they already played against Bayern, BVB and Red Bull twice:

6 games, 6 losses, 0-26 goals in total. :laugh:

The 16th and 17th team in the Bundesliga have a combined goal difference of -40. The smurfs alone are at -41. :laugh:

I really hope we're getting great odds on them not to be promoted in 22, simply due to name recognition. At this point, I'd even see them fighting relegation again...:speechless:

Just when you thought that things couldn't get any worse for the Smurfs, they come around and top it again! :laugh:

Remember when they picked up their 4th head coach out of retirement and added has beens like Kolasinac, Mustafi and Huntelaar to the roster until the summer? What could go wrong? Well, earlier this week, these 3 guys, playing for the Smurfs since January, went to the Director of Sports and demanded the head coach to be released because he cannot remember player names and his strategy is stuck in the last century.

OddballFavorableEastrussiancoursinghounds-small

Director of Sports refused, yesterday they lost 1-5, today everybody got fired. Head coach, assistants, Director of Sports....:laugh::Rofl:

For those of you counting, the Smurfs now have 5 times as many head coaches than wins this year! Once they're officially relegated, I expect their fans to storm the Smurf HQ. :Rofl:

The BVB is now just 3 points behind the first UCL spot, however next week we're playing in Munich...

• Like 2

The Smurfs signed coach No 5 yesterday:

gram.PNG.d3c40da4cff496723fbb55b3cb93e5f0.PNG

Clearly the face of a very happy man...:laugh:

gramm.jpg.fd65969993e72ad84f41dfdd87327eb0.jpg

• Like 2

Remember him as a player where he had problems almost everywhere and never enough for a Greece team. Was doing ok in Damstadt so a start with a win with Mainz and Schalke here we go 😛

Anyway like i said BMG is totally gutted by the Rose news. They need to just fire him now to try and salvage this season. With him there is little to no chance of that happen. They werent dreadfull last night, i would say they were even better than Dortmund at first halve definately and probably for the whole match [seen little of 2nd cause there were pokal in Poland] but something just doesnt click with this team since Rose decided it is a gute idea to spread the news.

I see Rose now similar to Lopetegui after his Real news minus he wasnt fired yet. Few matches at Dortmund minus Haaland and Sancho and he could be out in a 5-6 matches and that will be real hiccup for a still promising career.

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@jerry wrote:

Remember him as a player where he had problems almost everywhere and never enough for a Greece team. Was doing ok in Damstadt so a start with a win with Mainz and Schalke here we go 😛

Anyway like i said BMG is totally gutted by the Rose news. They need to just fire him now to try and salvage this season. With him there is little to no chance of that happen. They werent dreadfull last night, i would say they were even better than Dortmund at first halve definately and probably for the whole match [seen little of 2nd cause there were pokal in Poland] but something just doesnt click with this team since Rose decided it is a gute idea to spread the news.

I see Rose now similar to Lopetegui after his Real news minus he wasnt fired yet. Few matches at Dortmund minus Haaland and Sancho and he could be out in a 5-6 matches and that will be real hiccup for a still promising career.

I sometimes read the Smurf forums on transfermarkt and they are really counting on Grammozis to lead them to a win against Mainz, which would then start a series of good games, leading them to the promised land. Usually in Germany, Köln supporters are being considered the most delusional. I'd say this title has to go to the Smurfs nowadays.

The Rose situation is tough. Imagine Terzic is rallying the team now: Only 2 wins left to get the DFB-Pokal. The game against Sevilla will be intense and if we make it through, there will be great games ahead in the 1/4-finals. The last 11 games in the Bundesliga count as well, since we want to reach the UCL ranks. Let's say Terzic makes that as well and compare it to Marco Rose and Gladbach imploding: Probably not reaching the Eurocup, no more cup games and nobody will remember their performance in the UCL against Real and Inter. The disgusting (sports) media loves these storylines, especially with Rose being the villain right now.

People already forgot that Gladbach won against Bayern and Dortmund earlier this year. They started 2021 with 4 wins and 2 draws in the Bundesliga in January.

Will be interesting how this turns out over the next few weeks. Next weekend it's not only Bayern-BVB but Gladbach-Leverkusen as well! :speechless: The battle of the imploding teams. Rose vs Bosz, whoever loses this one might have to pack his bags...

• Like 1

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Blau u n d Weiß ein Leben lang!

giphy

0-0 in the Toilet Bowl against Mainz. 

Tomorrow, the BVB is going to play without Guerreiro, Sancho and Reyna. Witsel and Akanji are the other long-term injuries. Guerreiro hurts, but Schulz played OK vs Gladbach. Sancho has never done anything in München anyway and Reyna was riding the bench over the last few matches. Speaking of Akanji, since he's gone we won 4-0 against the Smurfs, 3-0 against Bielefeld and 1-0 against Gladbach. Even though he played like an OK Bundesliga defender over the last few months, it doesn't seem like we're missing him. :laugh:

Under Terzic we're now playing some kind of 4-3-3 with Reus moving out of the centre, in addition to that, Mo Dahoud is now our new leader in central midfield. Yes, you read that correctly. He played really well. With Sancho and Reyna injured, we'll either see Brandt or Hazard next to Reus and Haaland up front. Usually, this should go to Hazard all the time, however he's coming off an injury, so my feeling is that Brandt gets his typical start, does close to nothing and Hazard comes on in the second half. 

At the right back position, it's either Morey or Meunier, but only due to workload management. Maybe Zagadou moves in, so that one out of Delaney/Can/Bellingham gets a rest for the game against Sevilla on Tuesday. After his monster save against Bensebaini, Hitz will stay in as the goalie.

Looking forward to the match! 

giphy

giphy

giphy

• Like 1

Frankfurt and Wolfsburg slipped up!

I'm starting to like Terzic more and more:

Hazard moves into the front 3. Zagadou in for Bellingham. Meunier for Morey.