Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

No love for Werder-BVB and S04-Hertha today?

Bremen is leading 2-0 and the game is pretty wild! Bittencourt with the goal of the month so far!

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Red Bull and the BVB were eliminated yesterday.

With Frankfurt, S04 and Bremen, 3 teams with a history of great cup performances are still in, with 8 teams left. Hopefully one of them gets a home game against Bayern next round.

Both the BVB and the Schalke game were great to look at, I think in the end, both results can be considered OK.

Speaking of the BVB, Favre did it again as he finally ran Marco Reus into the ground, who's now missing at least 4 weeks with a muscle injury. Looked like the groin area to me. It's not like he contributed much lately (despite his good stats), yesterday he "assisted" the 0-2 by clearing the ball into the middle of the pitch and missed the 3-3 in the 88th minute. However the offense fully runs through Brandt, Sancho and Haaland now with 17 year old prodigy Gio Reyna either moving into the starting lineup or being the first attacker off the bench.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

"We cannot ignore the new reality," Club Brugge CEO Bart Verhaeghe said to kicker. "Sooner or later, there will be a European Super League with games between Bayern Munich and Real Madrid on Sundays." 

"The Netherlands and Belgium are planning a revolution in European football. The Dutch Eredivisie and the Belgian Jupiler Pro League are in talks to merge their leagues to create a new 18 team league, according to a report by the German magazine kicker."

https://www.transfermarkt.com/netherlands-and-belgium-want-to-merge-leagues-euro-400m-in-television-revenue/view/news/354233 

@psrquack wrote:

"The Netherlands and Belgium are planning a revolution in European football. The Dutch Eredivisie and the Belgian Jupiler Pro League are in talks to merge their leagues to create a new 18 team league, according to a report by the German magazine kicker."

tenor

I think at the beginning of the 2010 years, they floated that idea as well. What happened afterwards?

To get back to the Bundesliga, what do you think? Over or under?

erling.PNG.2e25f7f25e764738f37115b3f9d88fa0.PNG

Yesterday it was 1,85-1,85. I actually agree with the odd movement here, however with Haaland you never know.

@psrquack @WuDu The idea of a European League has been around from far before 2010, proposed in 1998 but resolved by expanding the European Championship. I actually thought it had been suggested much earlier but can't find any evidence. The idea has come up regularly since but so far nothing has come of it.

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R 

The SuperLeague is different than the Benelux league though. We discussed that one earlier and I remember that I wrote a pro-con homework on the SuperLeague back in school in 1998. The Benelux league has been discussed before in 2012 or 2013, I suppose. The Glasgow teams joining the Premier League/Championship is another one of those pipe dreams. Have there ever been talks about an Alpine League (Switzerland and Austria) before?

Frankfurt winning 5-0 against Augsburg! They get rolling before travelling to us next Friday! 3 wins and 1 draw in 4 games since the break! The BVB plays the late game tomorrow, the late game next Friday and PSG on the 18th! So rejoice everybody and enjoy the Haaland/Sancho/Reyna/Brandt-show! 👍

• Like 1

All in all a typical BVB game again, great on offense, playing defense is optional and Favre, Akanji and Hummels were straight up sabotaging the team! After the winter break we played 3 games on the road: In Augsburg, Bremen and Leverkusen. 10 total goals against us. :wow:

Today our best guys were Sancho, Brandt and Can. Haaland and Hakimi were OK. Witsel needs a rest and Akanji is back to his usual self after looking like an average Bundesliga player over the past 2 games.

I really hope this Favre episode ends in 3 months. Seems like Kohfeldt might be available if Bremen continues to play like like that. Or Adi Hütter from Frankfurt.

At least the SCP took one point away from Smurf-village today.

• Like 1

Benelux League = Mickey Mouse League. None of these merger ideas are worth a carrot. Just the 'bigger' teams trying to squeeze extra cash out. ❤️♥️❤️ them. 

But then i preferred the Champions Cup to the 'Champions' League because a condition of entry was actually being the Champion of your country. :wow:

• Like 1

@DoktorAvalanche It was so much simpler back in the day, you won your National League and played in the European Cup, you won you national cup (FA cup) and played in the Cupwinners Cup, you won your 2nd best cup ( League cup, Littlewoods cup, Milk cup, whatever it happened to be called that year, 🤣 ) or were 2nd or 3rd in the league and played in the Inter City Fairs Cup or Uefa Cup. There has always been talk about breakaway leagues or mergers over the years in many forms, even the formation of the Premier League was a breakaway of sorts. It has always, and probably always will be, about money. :teardrop: Liverpool are World Champions and have never won the Premier League,  (soon to be achieved ) this isn't a dig, it's a fact of life.

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@DoktorAvalanche It was so much simpler back in the day, you won your National League and played in the European Cup,

@DoktorAvalanche @GR1ZZL3R giphy

Simple question, what game would you rather watch?

Real Madrid (2nd place in Spain) vs Manchester United (4th place in England) or

Tractor Turku (1st place in Finland) vs FK Sarajevo (1st place in Bosnia)?

• Like 1

The meme fits. 🤣

But simple answer. I like watching football. It doesn't have to be Real v ManU for it to be entertaining. Lower skill levels don't necessarily make less entertaining games. In a Champions Cup i'd rather watch a team that's  the Champion of something.

The reason games like Real v ManU are special is at least partly because they don't happen all the time.

As Eldritch said...'Too much contact, no more feeling.'

Now go find me a Statler and Waldorf meme.🆒

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

So CL would be with just two teams?  Imo bad example anyhow, who would like to watch Real vs United these days except if you would like to fall a sleep fast 😏

Don't mind how it is arranged these days but when it is called champions league,i guess only champions should play. What kind of champion is 4th place? 

• Like 1

*Simple answer. The one that I thought would be more entertaining.

principal skinner old people GIF

*There are more complicated answers.

• Like 2

@WuDu wrote:

@DoktorAvalanche @GR1ZZL3R 

@WuDu answer is very simple  ;p  for over 10 years I have been watching only those on which I have put some money.:Cool:   I don't remember when I watched the whole match, even the national team - even how deep they were

since I have met the live bets, I usually watch the last 15-20 minutes :Cool:

ps. there was a time when I was an fanatic huge fan ;p I think a man over 25 years old is out of some things; p

answer: ifi bet 0.1€ on Tractor Turku then it will be my choice :Thumbsup:   but even with the bet I prefer a movie, book or play poker 

• Like 3
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@WuDu wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@DoktorAvalanche It was so much simpler back in the day, you won your National League and played in the European Cup,

@DoktorAvalanche @GR1ZZL3R giphy

Why not Sheffield United vs Real Madrid? :Wink:

I bet @Livertool is dreaming having HJK vs Liverpool in his backyard :Rofl:

• Like 2

@XY wrote:

I bet @Livertool is dreaming having HJK vs Liverpool in his backyard 🤣

I had the BVB almost literally in my backyard a little while back. Well, just over the wall.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/dortmund-train-at-non-league-marine-ahead-of-europa-league-quarter-final-against-liverpool-a6984166.html

My house backs on to this ground, the opposite side to the houses in the picture. I remember seeing the bus parked in their car park.

• Like 3

Basically the perfect result for the BVB right now, so all is good and Favre can keep on sabotaging us from within! Little fun fact: In all competitions, the BVB has lost 7 times this season. All 7 losses happened on the road!

Brandt is missing the next game with an ankle injury, now Favre's "strategy" of minimal rotation is coming back to bite us. Who would have thought?

@DoktorAvalanche wrote:

I had the BVB almost literally in my backyard a little while back. Well, just over the wall.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/dortmund-train-at-non-league-marine-ahead-of-europa-league-quarter-final-against-liverpool-a6984166.html

My house backs on to this ground, the opposite side to the houses in the picture. I remember seeing the bus parked in their car park.

Nice! 

But what is the purpose of this "training" ? :Laugh:

https://twitter.com/BVB/status/720558366859358208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-16301795843699868376.ampproject.net%2F2001281851410%2Fframe.html

Maybe they could spent that time on something else,like defensive things. :Rofl: Right WuDu?!

• Like 2

@Livertool wrote:

@XY wrote:

Maybe they could spent that time on something else,like defensive things. 🤣 Right WuDu?!

Haven't seen Dortmund game for awhile. How bad is their defence? Better or worst than this? :laugh:

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1226622838460878848?s=20 

:laugh: Not that good...that looks like a well drilled action considering PSG and OL have separate training sessions. 🤣

• Like 1