Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Are you smarter than Lucien Favre? Come in and take the test and tell me if you find the mistake:

The worst average grades of all the BVB players this season according to kicker. The players are graded similar to the German school system with grades ranging from 1,0 (very good) to 2 (good) to 3 (satisfying) to 4 (just enough) to 5 (inadequate) and 6 (insufficient). Grades 5 and 6 mean that you failed the exam.

Akanji1.PNG.af8a7c98eac3a45ef17d103d57e74e13.PNG

And now let's take a look at the minute distribution over all 18 games of the season so far (Buli, UCL and Cup):

Akanji2.PNG.6034ab9eb30fec9480460fe8613ae1dd.PNG

So guys, where is the mistake?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

"Frankfurt captain David Abraham has been banned for all the club's remaining Bundesliga games this year after knocking over an opposition coach.

The German soccer federation banned Abraham for seven weeks until December 29, ruling him out of six upcoming Bundesliga games, and fined him €25,000."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/frankfurt-captain-david-abraham-banned-until-2020-after-flooring-opposition-manager-a4286506.html 

• Like 1

@psrquack wrote:

"Frankfurt captain David Abraham has been banned for all the club's remaining Bundesliga games this year after knocking over an opposition coach.

The German soccer federation banned Abraham for seven weeks until December 29, ruling him out of six upcoming Bundesliga games, and fined him €25,000."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/frankfurt-captain-david-abraham-banned-until-2020-after-flooring-opposition-manager-a4286506.html 

#FreeAbraham

Sport Bild (toilet paper level magazine) is reporting that Bayern wants to bring back Pep in 2020! :Rofl: Not gonna happen...

The BVB is also rumoured to be interested in a 2nd center forward during the winter transfer period. My wishlist: Giroud, Mandzukic, Haaland (yeah sure :Laugh: ). 

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

German paper Bild (aka printed toilet paper) is reporting that Sancho is leaving the BVB next year in order to move back to the UK. The BVB is OK with it as long as 140 M Euro are being paid! Honestly such a deal would benefit everybody involved, so where could he be going to?

We could then invest that money into much needed additions. Haaland would be great. Buying Hakimi and moving him to the offense would work as well. Maybe a guy like Naby Keita is tired of sitting on Pool's bench and wants to come back to Germany. Or we could go after Timo Werner and Kai Havertz. :laugh: OK, Havertz might be a little bit much...Seems like we're looking at another big rebuild again.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-outcast-olivier-giroud-eyed-20885411 

At least we're linked to Giroud again for the winter! :Thumbsup: Baby steps...

@psrquack wrote:

LOL, BVB wants Mandzukic, Zlatan and Giroud in January. Zlatan+Pep would be incredible.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/bvb-shortlist-giroud-ibrahimovic-mandzukic-for-january-reinforcements-e2-80-94-report/ar-BBWNPEz 

Zlatan is not going to happen, obviously. However, what's wrong with Madzukic or Giroud? Especially if you can take a look for half a year first? Money isn't an issue, because I believe Götze's days are numbered. Alcacer is always banged up, so there will be enough minutes to be had for a veteran and how many minutes did Mandzukic see this year so far?

@psrquack wrote:

I don't know why your club wants to be a senior team but adding players to the squad who didn't play a lot in the autumn(Giroud, Mandzukic) don't will help you if you want to play a fast paced offensive football.

No one asks them to play a full-time role for us, however we have no second forward and our #1 guy is injury prone. Mandzukic is not playing due to Higuain coming back from Chelsea, I believe. Good, that means he's fresh. Who would you pick up in the winter?

@psrquack wrote:

Depay, Haaland as forwards , maybe Xhaka and Lucas Torreira from Arsenal and Havertz from Leverkusen.

:laugh:

During the winter break? Let's be realistic here. I think the train has left the station with Haaland, maybe he goes to Leipzig, however he would be a massive investment during the summer. Depay probably has other options as well.The players from Arsenal are probably too expensive for us!

However we need a great back-up forward right now. At best someone that doesn't make us risk too much.

@psrquack wrote:

If you want a real backup striker then sign Sandro Wagner.🤣

https://www.soccernews.com/torreira-wants-to-leave-arsenal/298446/ 

Why not Modeste? Sorry, but we don't have to establish a Tianjin-connection at the BVB. Witsel is enough! 🤣

Torreira was interesting after the WC in Russia, however with his move to Arsenal, he's out of our price range now. Naby Keita would be a little more interesting in my mind. However defensive/central midfield is a position that needs to be adressed next summer:

Sancho and Götze are probably leaving, Hakimi goes back to Real, Piszczek is retiring. Favre is probably being replaced. In addition to that, players like Delaney, Dahoud, Akanji and Weigl should take a long look in the mirror. And maybe guys like Bruun Larsen, Zagadou, Balerdi and Guerreiro want to leave the club due to personal reasons.

Getting someone like Giroud or Mandzukic now to play out the year would be great, someone with experience. Now is not the time to take on some 20 year old project from Ecuador.

Guys, after the stupid Euro qualifiers, it's time for the Bundesliga again! 👍 The league starts the final stretch of the year 2019 with the Kobe steak of games on Friday:

bvb-paderborn.

giphy

And you all have to watch it, cause there's no other interesting game on! 🤣

At least you can expect a lot of goals, I'm sure the SCP is trying to attack, giving us at least an entertaining game. As you know, after getting gang banged by Bayern, the BVB is in crisis mode right now and the problems didn't get any smaller: Delaney has been injured during the national team break and will probably miss the rest of 2019. Yikes! Hopefully, we're not seeing Witsel/Weigl playing in the defensive midfield the rest of the year, I don't think I'd be able to take that...I cannot believe I'm saying that, but maybe Dahoud is able to use his 47th chance and play himself into the team now.

After the game against Paderborn, the BVB travels to Barcelona next Wednesday and to Berlin on the following Saturday. Usually a home game against Paderborn is a good choice to bring on some guys that haven't played much so far, maybe throw in one of our talents, but I'm certain, Favre is running our #1 lineup into the ground. 😠 Too bad Mourinho is taking over for Pochettino now...:laugh:

As I said, the game against Paderborn should be a clear victory, then it's time for Barca and afterwards, I can already smell a poor performance in Berlin coming up! Unibet is offering 2,1 for Hertha +0,5 and that's the typical game where we're running into problems. Very short week with a lot of travelling, Berlin is always difficult to play for us and I'm sure our prima ballerinas are not going to show up with peak motivation then.

• Like 2

For me is no doubt BVB will get 6 points in the next 2 Bundesliga games so betting on Hertha is a burning money. What more interesting is the road movie in Barcelona. I'm totally clueless what will happen there, but over 2,5 goals seems good for it, espcially if the germans will go for a win and will sign strikers like Bozenik in the winter pause.

@psrquack wrote:

For me is no doubt BVB will get 6 points in the next 2 Bundesliga games so betting on Hertha is a burning money. What more interesting is the road movie in Barcelona. I'm totally clueless what will happen there, but over 2,5 goals seems good for it, espcially if the germans will go for a win and will sign strikers like Bozenik in the winter pause.

Never heard of her. Who is she?

https://www.transfermarkt.de/borussia-dortmund/bilanzdetail/verein/16/wettbewerb_id/L1/gegner_id/44/saison_id//heim_gast/gast/datum_von/-/datum_bis/-/day/0/land_id/40 

That's the rundown of all the BVB games against Hertha in Berlin. Over the last 5 games, we lost twice, drew twice and won once. And if you remember, the 3:2 at the beginning of the year was really close and we only won due to a last minute goal by Marco Reus! We're playing in Barcelona late on Wednesday evening, the team then has to fly back to Germany to play in Berlin on Saturday afternoon in 6°C weather. If they win against Paderborn and play well against Barca, they'll be all content and nowhere close to being mentally ready for that game. Trust me, I've seen every game so far this season. We didn't have one good away game this year, 1 close win against Köln and not one victory over the last 5 away games.

He did well in the Euro qualifier series.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/robert-bozenik/profil/spieler/454576 

I know statistic is against our team, but i have watched some Hertha games this season and they aren't so menthally stark as in the previous seasons. If you can beat Paderborn easily and win in Barcelona or let the key players skip the spanish journey then I predict an easy 2-3 goals win in Berlin.

@psrquack wrote:

I know statistic is against our team, but i have watched some Hertha games this season and they aren't so menthally stark as in the previous seasons. If you can beat Paderborn easily and win in Barcelona or let the key players skip the spanish journey then I predict an easy 2-3 goals win in Berlin.

3 goals in 14 games in freaking Slovakia? I understand, everbody wants to find the next Lewa or Piatek, but these two guys did score at a young age in the much stronger Ekstraklasa. What about that young Hungarian from Red Bull Salzburg? Would he be a good fit for us in central midfield?

No one is skipping the Barca trip, that's the game everyone has been waiting for!

@WuDu wrote:

@psrquack wrote:

3 goals in 14 games in freaking Slovakia? I understand, everbody wants to find the next Lewa or Piatek, but these two guys did score at a young age in the much stronger Ekstraklasa. What about that young Hungarian from Red Bull Salzburg? Would he be a good fit for us in central midfield?

No one is skipping the Barca trip, that's the game everyone has been waiting for!

I told you check the Euro qualifier results. Last 2 games 2 goals. Slovakia also had a chance for the 2020 Euro. He could easily double his value. You need someone to backup. This role is ideal for yougsters. 1M is no money for promising talents.

No. Don't have the necessary tackling skills and still have conditional issues in the late phases of the games. He showed poor performance in the last national games. I don't think he is ready for top5 championships.

No skip means 1 goal win in Berlin and a more difficult winter.

SportBild reports that Mario Götze only wants to stay with Dortmund if Favre leaves. I don't think that Favre is staying beyond 19/20, so this will be interesting.

@psrquack 

Remember Alex Isak and how he played in the Eredivisie? Same age, more production and was sent packing. The step from Slovakia to a top-15 club in the world is just too big! Besides, we have 15 year old Moukoko destroying the U-19 Bundesliga right now, sooner or later this guy will be pulled up to the first team. However we need a guy that can help us right now if Alcacer is injured again or if we need some muscles upfront!  

• Like 1