Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psrquack Rank 26
Rank 26

Köln wants Dardai as new head coach. I think this affair wouldn't have good outcome.

https://www.sport1.de/fussball/bundesliga/2019/11/1-fc-koeln-wird-pal-dardai-der-neue-trainer-bei-de... 

0 Likes
WuDu Rank 22
Rank 22

@psrquack wrote:

Köln wants Dardai as new head coach. I think this affair wouldn't have good outcome.

https://www.sport1.de/fussball/bundesliga/2019/11/1-fc-koeln-wird-pal-dardai-der-neue-trainer-bei-de... 

Why not? Dardai is a solid, middle of the road Bundesliga coach. Köln is a team with a lot of potential stuck between Bundesliga and 2. Liga. In addition, Hertha is not really going places since he stepped down. If he wants to stay a head coach in this league, this is a nice spot for him. If he wants to work with young players or loves the city, he'll stay in Berlin. If he wants to keep taking the year off, opportunities for him will come once Stuttgart, Hamburg, Hannover (in the far, far future) come back.

"I only understand friendship or scorched earth."
–Roger Ailes
0 Likes
psrquack Rank 26
Rank 26

@WuDu wrote:

Why not? Dardai is a solid, middle of the road Bundesliga coach. Köln is a team with a lot of potential stuck between Bundesliga and 2. Liga. In addition, Hertha is not really going places since he stepped down. If he wants to stay a head coach in this league, this is a nice spot for him. If he wants to work with young players or loves the city, he'll stay in Berlin. If he wants to keep taking the year off, opportunities for him will come once Stuttgart, Hamburg, Hannover (in the far, far future) come back.

I have three reasons why this would be a bad idea. First: I don't think he is ready to be a head coach in places where something is missing outside Berlin. He was great when he had the this is my team/city/roots feeling every day but in Köln he would have the welcome stranger feeling instead of home. The second thing is if you want to be a top trainer you should decline approaches from teams who needs magic and where hard work is not enough. He should wait for a call of an upper average BuLi team like Wolfsburg or Leverkusen or Schalke. Third:The new coach will start with a defeat (maybe with shocking one) against RB what will decrease the reputation and could easily erase the connection among the newcomer coach and the team.

0 Likes
WuDu Rank 22
Rank 22

@psrquack 

Finally someone gave the business to Streich. Heart That's one of the biggest idiots coaching in the league! His acting is worse than Greta's...

Point 1, I agree with you. Like I mentioned, if he doesn't want to leave Berlin, going to Köln doesn't make much sense...Laugh

Point 2, I disagree. I don't think the likes of Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, Schalke, Gladbach, Frankfurt, Hoffenheim would be calling him. That's one tier too high for Dardai. Clubs like these would rather contact Niko Kovac or Roger Schmidt or look for the next big thing. If he wants to coach again, finding a big name club that's in trouble will be his best option. E.g. the HSV coming back next year and then having a bad run to start the season, similar to what Köln looks like this year.

Point 3, I also disagree. You cannot pick your next job based on the schedule if you're a Bundesliga coach. Köln needs somebody now and they also have to compete with Mainz for potential replacements.

–Roger Ailes
WuDu Rank 22
Rank 22

Are you smarter than Lucien Favre? Come in and take the test and tell me if you find the mistake:

The worst average grades of all the BVB players this season according to kicker. The players are graded similar to the German school system with grades ranging from 1,0 (very good) to 2 (good) to 3 (satisfying) to 4 (just enough) to 5 (inadequate) and 6 (insufficient). Grades 5 and 6 mean that you failed the exam.

Akanji1.PNG

And now let's take a look at the minute distribution over all 18 games of the season so far (Buli, UCL and Cup):

Akanji2.PNG

So guys, where is the mistake?

–Roger Ailes
0 Likes
psrquack Rank 26
Rank 26

@psrquack wrote:

He rejected Köln.

0 Likes
psrquack Rank 26
Rank 26

"Frankfurt captain David Abraham has been banned for all the club's remaining Bundesliga games this year after knocking over an opposition coach.

The German soccer federation banned Abraham for seven weeks until December 29, ruling him out of six upcoming Bundesliga games, and fined him €25,000."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/frankfurt-captain-david-abraham-banned-until-2020-after-fl... 

Highlighted
WuDu Rank 22
Rank 22

@psrquack wrote:

"Frankfurt captain David Abraham has been banned for all the club's remaining Bundesliga games this year after knocking over an opposition coach.

The German soccer federation banned Abraham for seven weeks until December 29, ruling him out of six upcoming Bundesliga games, and fined him €25,000."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/frankfurt-captain-david-abraham-banned-until-2020-after-fl... 

#FreeAbraham

Sport Bild (toilet paper level magazine) is reporting that Bayern wants to bring back Pep in 2020! Rofl Not gonna happen...

The BVB is also rumoured to be interested in a 2nd center forward during the winter transfer period. My wishlist: Giroud, Mandzukic, Haaland (yeah sure Laugh ). 

–Roger Ailes
psrquack Rank 26
Rank 26

@WuDu wrote:

Sport Bild (toilet paper level magazine) is reporting that Bayern wants to bring back Pep in 2020! Rofl Not gonna happen...

I want a Mourinho-Guardiola fight on the next Klassiker.