Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

maxresdefault

@Livertoolon the far left with the Lidl bag, of course! :atisfied: You often learn something new here...

OK, after sleeping one night, I'm still pissed at the BVB. The only thing that's keeping the floodgates closed right now is the weakness of the other teams. Had Leverkusen held on yesterday, which we gang banged at home, they would lead the table right now. Same for the smurfs! Today teams like Gladbach and Wolfsburg get the chance to lead the league!

It would be great for Gladbach to win and play their next game in Dortmund as the league leader! Currently I see two huge issues with the BVB: Our defense is atrocious and our offense relies too much on individual ability.

On defense, Hummels has been great, not perfect, but he's by far our best man on defense. Right now, we receive 1 goal per game against us at home and 2 per game on the road! If that pace holds on, we're on our way to 51 goals against us. Even with a great offense, that's 15-20 goals too much. The championship teams of Kloppo and Pep always were lingering around 20, give or take, goals against them per season.

We started every freaking game in the 4-2-3-1 formation. It changes a little bit on defense, but you get the point. So Hummels is having a great year, the game plan is not too risky, hmmmmmm, what else could be wrong?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manuel-akanji/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/284730/wettbewerb/L1/verein/16

I checked up the numbers due to a suspicion! Manuel Akanji played 43 games so far for the BVB in the Bundesliga, he started his last 42 and has played every minute except once when he had to leave due to his hip injury late last year! So he basically is the main part of the BVB defense over the last 18 months. Since he came back from his hip injury in early 2019, he played every minute and started 19 Bundesliga games in a row. All in all, we conceded 31 goals in these games! 1,63 goals per game, on the pace for 55 goals against us. :Veryangry: With just 4 shutouts!

So yeah, it's not just the eyeball test that tells me that Akanji has to be replaced, yet he played every minute so far this year!

On offense, this year starts to remind me of Tuchel's last season when Dembele emerged. In the end, the games were incredibly boring to watch and we relied on Dembele's genius to win us games (like in the Cup final 2017).  This year, just replace Dembele with Sancho. However Sancho is not having a good season so far. He scores and assists due to his individual ability, but that's about it. What happens, when these scorers are not coming could be seen over the last 3 games. Almost no impact from Sancho at all.

Reus was the player of the year last season, this year he's shown little and absolutely nothing over the last few games! NOTHING! Again, the goals are there, however scoring the 3:1 against Augsburg or the 2:0/4:0 against Leverkusen is almost Özil-esque. On the road, Reus has 0 goals and 0 assists in 5 games in the Bundesliga and the UCL so far.

Brandt has been frustrating so far, switching between OK performances (2 assists against Slavia) and games where he cannot even complete 5 meter passes. Yesterday in the first half, he had a wide open header in front of Freiburg's goal that could have made it 2-0 in the first half, yet he totally wasted that opportunity. His defensive effort has been ridiculous for most parts and he's simply not a good winger so far.

Hazard has a weird season as well. When watching the games, he displays a lot of activity with very little to show for. However he's delivering crucial assists game after game: To the 1:1 in Köln, the 1:0 against Frankfurt and Freiburg and the 2:1 against Bremen!

Actually our best one on offense has been Hakimi! But again, his goals were caused by supreme individual ability, not by Favre's system.

Favre should have acted long ago, giving Reus a rest or place him on the left wing and start Brandt/Götze behind Alcacer and see how it goes. I cannot believe that the guys in charge are not seeing these obvious aspects...:Veryangry:

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I would like to say something about Lidl and far left but better do it off topic so i don't get thread police on my tail. Already mixed ice hockey with bl so i don't want to push my luck :laugh:

Freiburg and Schalke must hope that other top teams go as far as possible in euro leagues. Weekends after euro matches are ofter quite difficult for them, especially cl matches, in el not so much as usually rotate more and no-one even cares about that competition too much.

And ofc Leverkusen are waiting that Pohjanpalo is in full fit, then they are really dangerous :popeye::happy:

@XY wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

I cannot believe that the guys in charge are not seeing these obvious aspects...😠

They probably don't know how to find transfermarkt.com 🤣

The funny part is, they are all aware of tm.de. Of course not as their main source of info (at least I hope so :laugh: ), but in order to get a quick overview, why not? It's like the wikipedia of scouting! During the amazon docu about the BVB, our main scout had it open on his computer and one of Gladbach's new staffers even posted over there.

My point with Akanji is, that everybody can see, that his performance is not ideal! However this is a competitive sport and at a certain point you cannot drag on the dead weight much longer. That's unfair to the other guys on the roster. Zagadou has been pulled from the starting line-up after the desaster in Munich 6 months ago. Fair enough! Since then he received 39 minutes in 13 Bundesliga matches in total.

The other young player they're holding back is Balerdi, who played well during the preseason and might play his first pro game at the Westfalenstadion this Wednesday when Argentina shows up for a friendly. How insane is that? The BVB identity has always been to give young players a chance, this might be difficult when everything is going well and the stars perform, but that's not the case right now...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I just watched the "highlights" of Freiburg-BVB again. 😠 Akanji was responsible for both goals against us and it seems like the German sports media is waking up to that fact as well! kicker grades him as the worst BVB player right now, but guess who never missed a minute so far? I really hope that Leonardo Balerdi gets playing time for Argentina against Germany in Dortmund in two days, thus opening the eyes of that old fool Favre!

It will be really interesting to see how the BVB reacts after the break, our next 3 games are against Gladbach, Inter and the smurfs! After that we get Wolfsburg, Inter again, Gladbach again and Bayern. That's 7 tough games in 3 weeks! If things don't go well during these games, I think we're looking at a new head coach in a month...:speechless:

• Like 1

@Stubbe-Unibet 

But Niko Kovac's odds went down even further! :speechless:

Really tough to say, before the season, I had an idea that it might be Beierlorzer with Köln, however I'm not so sure. The problem about that bet is, to figure out who leaves FIRST, not just who gets fired.

Personally, I believe with a few changes, the BVB could improve a lot!I think we're defending a little different now during corner kicks, for example. Taking out Akanji, not playing Brandt on the left wing, giving Reus a rest/reposition him on the pitch, giving more playing time to Götze...In addition to that, unless Favre quits himself (again), he's almost guaranteed to keep the job until the Bayern game. That's too long for this kind of bet...

Unless Favre turns around this season, he's gone in the summer, that's what I believe in.

@psrquack 

My oh my, Watzke has done a lot of great things for the BVB, but there's not one camera/microphone he doesn't like...At least Kloppo was presenting the book with him yesterday! So if he wins the PL this year, everybody involved can start on planning how to bring him back...

Guys, the Bundesliga returns this weekend! ♥️ So don't forget to set your fantasy lineups, you can exchange an unlimited amount of players right now.

This is it now for the BVB, with 7 tough games coming up within the next 3 weeks:

Gladbach at home, Inter on the road, Smurfs on the road, Gladbach at home, Wolfsburg at home, Inter at home, Bayern on the road. It's important to start this series with a clear victory against Gladbach, who are missing a lot of player, despite being #1 in the Bundesliga right now. A draw in this game, and the whole BVB house is on fire!

Favre also announced that there will be plenty of rotation going on during this stretch, so let me try to project who's going to start against Gladbach:

A lot of players were playing for their national teams this past week, Schulz, Hummels, Weigl and Götze were not and thus should be fresh and ready to go. Alcacer is still injured, Akanji has been a total desaster so far and Brandt received the 2nd worst grade for his "performance" against Estonia from "kicker" this week. Personally, I believe that Thomas Delaney is needed against Inter on Wednesday and against Harit in one week, so my guess is that he'll sit. If Favre's boyfriend Akanji is being left out of the line-up, either Zagadou or Weigl move in. Oh please God, not Weigl...:Veryangry: If Weigl plays as CB, then Dahoud should move in next to Witsel, leading to this line-up:

Bürki

Hakimi-Akanji/Zagadou/Weigl-Hummels-Schulz

Witsel-Weigl/Dahoud

Sancho-Reus-Hazard

Götze

Guerreiro and Delaney are getting some rest to rotate in over the next few games. Brandt is not in shape right now and has to fight back. Bruun Larsen could also be an option. However the most important question will be whether or not Favre finally takes out Akanji.

• Like 1

@psrquack wrote:

Made a treble at my local bookie:

Union-Freiburg 1,

BVB-Mönchengladbach X2

Düsseldorf -Mainz X2.

We will see.

Union and Mainz currently holding on, too bad you wasted that nice bet by going against the BVB! :Teardrop:

If Sancho acted up, it's only fair for Favre to leave him out! He needed a rest anyway. Now I think, we might start with Guerreiro on the left wing and Hazard moves to the right. Or Favre moves Hakimi to the right wing and starts his BF Akanji as right back.

Or Favre starts Brandt as left winger again :Veryangry: with Akanji being our 2nd CB :Veryangry: If so, it's Mourinho-time!

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

Now I think, we might start with Guerreiro on the left wing and Hazard moves to the right. Or Favre moves Hakimi to the right wing and starts his BF Akanji as right back.

Or Favre starts Brandt as left winger again 😠 with Akanji being our 2nd CB 😠 If so, it's Mourinho-time!

Bayern pissing away the win against Augsburg! Red Bull only drawing! Leverkusen lost yesterday. This is it! With a win against Gladbach, we're back in the mix.

EHQFsXbXkAEjY2p

Götze out with the flu, Alcacer is injured, Sancho is suspended! This looks like a 3 man defense on paper, however I think Favre stays in his usual 4-2-3-1:

Bürki:

Schulz- Hummels-Weigl-Akanji

Witsel-Delaney

Hazard-Reus-Hakimi

Brandt

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

Bayern pissing away the win against Augsburg! Red Bull only drawing! Leverkusen lost yesterday. This is it! With a win against Gladbach, we're back in the mix.

I spent more time as usually guessing the outcome of this game, but there are too much rumour around BVB, so I think a draw is a good result this time.

@WuDu wrote:

Bürki:

Schulz- Hummels-Weigl-Akanji

Witsel-Delaney

Hazard-Reus-Hakimi

Brandt

Yep, as predicted! At least, Akanji has been take out of the CB!

Akanji!!!!!!!!!!! 😠😠😠😠

Not really a good game. VAR stole the 1-0 from us! 😠 Bürki has been our best man with 3 superb saves. Both of the ones against Embolo were caused by Akanji's sloppy play! 😠 He has to get out of the line-up ASAP!

Lucky W in the end! Only due to Bürki, Hitz and Hummels playing like absolute world class players! This is not going to end well, if things don't improve soon.

Best guys: Bürki, Hitz, Hummels

OK performances: Hazard, Witsel, Delaney

You gotta be kidding me performance: Favre! Really, the first sub (after replacing Bürki) he made was in the 92nd minute? 😠 Really?

Secret double agent performance: Akanji! 😠 He must have some dirt on Favre, no other way to explain why he hasn't even missed a minute this season!

Tomorrow, the smurfs have a chance to get on top again with a victory!

• Like 1

The smurfs now sh*t the bed twice in a row, I think we can put the championship nonsense to rest, can't we?

giphy

Next Saturday its S04-BVB, I can already smell it: Sancho comes on in the 2nd half after his suspension, leads us to victory and everybody loves him again! :Hearts:

Paderborn with a poor performance today, staying in the league will be really tough now... 

• Like 2

Btw, Süle from Bayern is out for the season with a torn ACL! They're slowly, but surely running out of defenders. Now Boateng is about to play heavy minutes the rest of the year. :speechless:

BVB to win the title is back down to 6,00, with a win against the struggling smurfs, we could get on a roll for the game against Bayern in 19 days.

@psrquack wrote:

Just read Sancho got a 100K Euros fine according to Bild. Is this information true?

Btw do you have a cash out option?

Cash out currently stands at 14 Euro (6 Euro loss).

Bild reported that, that is correct, whether or not Bild is honest here (big question mark with this toilet paper style newspaper) is a whole 'nother question!

No one is bigger than the team, Sancho took a one day vacation, I hope it was worth it! :laugh: Really interesting to see who'll play against Inter in our defense. Akanji has to go and I really don't want to see Weigl going up against Lukaku and Martinez. :scared: Hummels and Witsel can't play every game of this 7 game stretch, so I hope they'll get rested against Gladbach in the cup game or against Wolfsburg in two weeks.

• Like 1

For those of you playing the Supertoto, wondering why the odds for the BVB to win in Milan went up, Reus is sick and won't play. Honestly, right now this isn't that big of a loss as it sounds on paper and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing Julian Brandt having a breakthrough game at the playmaker position! Alcacer won't play as well and Bürki is questionable.

Very difficult to predict the lineup for tomorrow.

• Like 1