Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

@jerry @Livertool

Now I see it! 😃 However I'm not betting to cash out, I'm betting to win it all and to free my money from that site since it's been stuck there for almost 3,5 years now.

So we won our 6th preseason match today and I really like what I see! I think the idea with the 3 man defensive line was a pipe dream of mine, and we're playing with a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-4-1 again this season! Yikes! Why win 2-0 when you can also win 4-3 and keep it exciting for everyone around till the very last second...

tenor

Non-star players who had a great preseason were Balerdi, Wolf, Morey and Weigl. I also like Bruun Larsen. Let's see who leaves the club over the next month, however we definitely have the deepest team in the Bundesliga! Absolutely no comparison to last year when Mo Dahoud was starting against Bayern. On Saturday we'll get a first look at where we stand...

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

The transfer market this year is totally out of control in the Bundesliga. Yesterday tm.de wrote that Leon Bailey is moving to Bayern (Fake News according to Kovac), now kicker is reporting that Sane is coming (Fake News according to Bayern's twitter):

https://www.kicker.de/754616/artikel/hinweise-verdichten-sich_sanc3a9-wechsel-rueckt-naeher

All in all a package of 200 M Euro! :Cash:

Maybe this opens the door for Timo Werner to Liverpool...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Over the past 10 years, City has a net investment of over 1,1 billion (with a "b") Euros in transfer fees alone! Almost as much as Real and Barca combined:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/einnahmenausgaben/statistik/plus/ids/a/sa//saison_id/2009/saison_id_bis/2019/land_id//nat//pos//altersklasse//w_s//leihe//intern/0/0/

I'm pretty sure, they're tired of getting milked all the time and now have the chance to do some milking of their own:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/01/manchester-city-put-137million-price-tag-leroy-sane-amid-bayern/

Honestly, this whole transfer saga is completely ridiculous, as Bayern moved themselves in a totally vulnerable position, especially after striking out on Hudson-Odoi from Chelsea earlier this year...

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

Over the past 10 years, City has a net investment of over 1,1 billion (with a "b") Euros in transfer fees alone! Almost as much as Real and Barca combined:

But still making profit so why not.

Now would be perfect time to sell thou, price only going downwards if Sane refuses to sign new deal. Dilemma :Smirk:

Everything City have said and done over the summer suggest they don't want to sell Sane. They seem quite relaxed about his contract for now. However if Bayern want to come calling with offers approaching this valuation they'd let him go for sure. He's been pretty quiet but seems happy where he is. I doubt Bayern will be prepared to spend as much as City want so they'll look elsewhere.

I have a question for you experienced Bundesliga watchers.

Gbamin. Any good?

@LivertoolCity is making profit? :laugh: I highly doubt that...

@DoktorAvalanche wrote:

Everything City have said and done over the summer suggest they don't want to sell Sane. They seem quite relaxed about his contract for now. However if Bayern want to come calling with offers approaching this valuation they'd let him go for sure. He's been pretty quiet but seems happy where he is. I doubt Bayern will be prepared to spend as much as City want so they'll look elsewhere.

I have a question for you experienced Bundesliga watchers.

Gbamin. Any good?

I'm not watching Mainz games, unless they play the BVB, so take it with a grain of salt. Gbamin was also mentioned a lot as a potential player for the BVB, however he had a better 17/18 than 18/19. Mainz has a solid pipeline to France (Diallo, Mateta...) and the fan base seems to be happy with the 30 M Euro. However the difference between Mainz and the PL is a big one, in my opinion...

Tomorrow is the Supercup and the BVB will miss Brandt, Hazard, Bürki and Morey. So our depth will already be tested against Bayern.

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

Well, this is from 2017-2018 but i don't see why not from last season too as they have made some profit 4 seasons before 17-18.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-break-500-million-barrier-revenues-report-104m-profit-after-premier-league-title-a8536256.html

@Livertool wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

Well, this is from 2017-2018 but i don't see why not from last season too as they have made some profit 4 seasons before 17-18.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-break-500-million-barrier-revenues-report-104m-profit-after-premier-league-title-a8536256.html

What about the masters from Abu Dhabi paying above market prices through Etihad? :Wow: No club is net investing more than 1,1 billion Euro in transfer fees over the last decade and still operating at a profit! 

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

What about the masters from Abu Dhabi paying above market prices through Etihad? :wow: No club is net investing more than 1,1 billion Euro in transfer fees over the last decade and still operating at a profit! 

Getting bit off topic here and i am REALLY NOT finance genious 🤣 Probly in long run they have been losing money but according to that link few years have been profitable. And value of City has increased over all. But who cares, they suck anyway and this season they win nothing and loose money 👼

@WuDu wrote:

Tomorrow is the Supercup and the BVB will miss Brandt, Hazard, Bürki and Morey. So our depth will already be tested against Bayern.

Good match, better won. I was bit surprised of possession thou, or lack of it from Dortmund but i guess part of it can be explained for high pressing from Bayern. Dortmund play style has lot of similarities to Pool and that is awesome :laugh:

• Like 1

Solid 2-0 victory in a nice preseason matchup. Good games by Schulz, Akanji, Toprak and Witsel. Sancho with two superb scenes leading to two goals. I guess Sane as well as Sancho got a little bit more expensive now...😃

And of course, VAR was on fire again:

EBEjpawWkAEo7W5

EBEjeVWXUAMM56T

• Like 1

Now Pep has to be trolling here...

sane.png.8d6b26df5a3df362203999c0714f2195.png

Or they're waiting for Sancho next year and keep Sane this year, it's not like they need the money...

@WuDu wrote:

sane.png.8f44cc94b1c9226b5f66d49211ecaa1f.png

Or they're waiting for Sancho next year and keep Sane this year, it's not like they need the money...

skysport_de-sane-manchester-city_4736217

EBIbtUeXYAAHBbv

Unreal....:Speechless:

@WuDu wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

sane.png.5ba6ea7b9516e9849a64117e2bf585b5.png

skysport_de-sane-manchester-city_4736217

EBIbtUeXYAAHBbv

Unreal....:speechless:

Looks like Bayern are after the younger brother as well - maybe they will manage to sign a Sane after all? Other possible targets fitting their transfer strategy:

- Salif Sané, FC Schalke 04

- Lamine Sané, Orlando City SC

- Yaya Sané, KV Oostende

- Pape Sané, Rodez AF

- Abdoulaye Sané, FC Sochaux-Montbéliard

- Ansoumana Sané, Chievo Verona

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Bayern did the same thing with Götze's younger brother as well. They also signed another Ribery a few years ago. To me it's always funny how there's always a brother of a star player who's "even more talented" or "the real star in the family"....😀 Probably a smart thing to do when it comes to recruiting new players. Family members can get a paid contract and are able to put "Bayern München" on their resume, that almost always ensures you one or two additional jobs after leaving Bayern...

Nübel is now the captain for S04 after a grand total of 20 Bundesliga games. Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Ömer Toprak now rumoured to be on the Werder Bremen short-list. Great move by the BVB to showcase him, Guerreiro and Weigl during the Supercup against Bayern. It seems like Weigl will stay and Guerreiro might even extend his contract here, meaning there's room for Toprak to leave. He's a solid Bundesliga starter on a lot of teams, however we have Hummels, Akanji, Zagadou and Balerdi at his position. With Weigl being able to play there as well.

• Like 2

And news out of smurf village! After a very solid offseason so far, a few supporters/members decided that this is not very Schalke-like and they're now trying to kick the chairman of the board out of the club for Thoughtcrimes! 👍

https://www.westfalen-blatt.de/OWL/Kreis-Paderborn/Paderborn/3906321-Mitschnitt-von-Toennies-Rede-beim-Paderboner-Tag-des-Handwerks-Originalaufnahme-von-Toennies-Afrika-Aussage

Never change Schalke...:Heart:

On a more serious note, I actually do think it's a decent bet (yes, yes, laugh all you want @WuDu :D). Unibet got the highest odds by far (placed the bet with another bookie with same odds provider), and the average odds on this outcome is just 194. Second highest is 251, which quite a few UK bookies are offering.
Above is for the +25 bookmakers I've got selected on Betbrain :)

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

IMO this could be season with someone outside Bayern/Dortmund will become a threat, if only for a little while. What i mean is that both Dortmund/Bayern could be losing this year a lot of points. Dortmund being Dortmund and Bayern need only two/three injuries, or really only one in Lewandowski. So who knows maybe this will be 3handed or 4handed. Leverkusen, Lepizig if they dont sell anything, maybe Wolfsburg as i dont recall that they sold something. Shame that Frankfurt sold everything cause with one/two new players they would be champion contender.

Anyway i really dont think that Schalke will be that team. There is value for sure, as with every big odd but to me its highly unlikely. I would say even that Europa League is a about 50 odd on Schalke this year. They have promising coach but safe season is all they could hope for.

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@Stubbe-Unibet

You're totally clueless here, however you have balls! I can respect that...👍 Maybe you can cash out with HateHateHate at some point...

@jerry wrote:

IMO this could be season with someone outside Bayern/Dortmund will become a threat, if only for a little while. What i mean is that both Dortmund/Bayern could be losing this year a lot of points. Dortmund being Dortmund and Bayern need only two/three injuries, or really only one in Lewandowski. So who knows maybe this will be 3handed or 4handed. Leverkusen, Lepizig if they dont sell anything, maybe Wolfsburg as i dont recall that they sold something. Shame that Frankfurt sold everything cause with one/two new players they would be champion contender.

Now @jerry , you're just clueless! :laugh: The BVB is not known to throw titles away, that's an issue for S04 and Leverkusen! Last season, a lot of things came together and almost all of these "things" have been adressed throughout this offseason! Bayern is way too short-handed right now, forget about Lewa, this dude is a machine, Coman and Gnabry are the only wingers they have right now and both of them are injury prone. Hernandez hasn't even played a minute yet. Tolisso is coming off an ACL, Thiago is injury prone, Neuer is past his prime and so on...

Even back in the day, Leverkusen always used to have a good looking team, but they never won anything (remember their 2nd place triple in 2002?). Also, I don't really trust Peter Bosz. Red Bull will be interesting to watch with Nagelsmann, but they don't have the depth/quality Dortmund has right now!

Tomorrow, the BVB plays Uerdingen in the first round of the German Cup, Hummels and Hazard are back in training, Brandt and Bürki are still banged up! And of course, only 1 week until this gem:

• Like 1

@jerry wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

Now @jerry , you're just clueless! :laugh: The BVB is not known to throw titles away...

How would you describe last season? 😛

Year 1 of our rebuild, where we exceeded expectations and a lot of players had breakthrough seasons in late 2018. Then in early 2019, pressure, injuries, missing leadership, fatigue and not enough depth caught up with us. All these issues were adressed:

• leadership: Added Mats Hummels, next to Witsel and Reus. Other important players are one year older now (Bürki, Akanji, Delaney, Sancho).
  • Holes in the roster: The left back position was a problem for years, so we brought in Schulz, who's very athletic! Hummels gives us playmaking options out of our defense, Brandt adds creativity out of the offensive midfield. 
  • We massively added depth with Hazard and Brandt, meaning we can rotate more on offense without losing too much quality. Especially in early 2019, e.g. Bruun Larsen was getting a lot of minutes he should not have been getting. Same for Philipp and Dahoud. Injuries to guys like Guerreiro (if he stays) are not as devastating anymore. If Reus misses games, we simply put Brandt on his spot.
  • A lot of role players made a step forward this offseason: Balerdi, Wolf, Weigl, Bruun Larsen and Morey (once his shoulder heals up) are real options for playing time. Meaning fatigue (Witsel was having issues last year) will be less of an issue towards the end of the year.

Maybe we still bring in a guy like Schick or Samassekou, however looking at the roster right now, this is not really necessary.

Leroy Sane needs knee surgery, partially torn ACL. Now things will be getting interesting...

• Like 1