Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

@WuDu wrote:

Have you read the article? The new stadium is meant to be placed just a few steps away from the Olympic Stadium? Yeah, that's so not going to happen. This would devalue the publicly owned Olympic Stadium, some people have to be moved out of their houses (I heard) and I'm sure the Left/Greens/Social Dems running that city will find some toads or hedgehogs living there as well that need to be protected. Again, Berlin is a broke(n) city that is almost a decade behind schedule with its new airport. Good luck building a new stadium then...

That was an old article and I wanted to state that Hertha wants to have their own stadion. If you want to read a newer: https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/stadion-fuer-hertha-bsc-neue-arena-am-flughafen-tegel-als-logischste-option/24174986.html

Maybe you are right with others, but still think Hertha will fight against the relegation this year.

@psrquack , i agree with @WuDu here, that schedule for Hertha is not bad at all. But even if they would loose the first 4 games, that will have little impact on the odds, because its a long term bet (especially if the newbies will also loose their games). Plus there is the "comission" comes with the cash out system, so in 4 weeks time you wont see any profit, im almost sure about that. 

However, i think the same, Hertha will have a very tough year, without Dardai they would be in BuLi2 for long time. He never had money for transfers, and still did the magic, its ridicolous that they found a new investor now... 

• Like 1

@cris1285 wrote:

@psrquack , i agree with @WuDu here, that schedule for Hertha is not bad at all. But even if they would loose the first 4 games, that will have little impact on the odds, because its a long term bet (especially if the newbies will also loose their games). Plus there is the "comission" comes with the cash out system, so in 4 weeks time you wont see any profit, im almost sure about that. 

However, i think the same, Hertha will have a very tough year, without Dardai they would be in BuLi2 for long time. He never had money for transfers, and still did the magic, its ridicolous that they found a new investor now... 

If I bet 20 Euro on the BVB winning the title at 5,00 and during the course of the season the odds drop down to 2,00, how is the cash-out being computed?

Interesting to see the love Pal Dardai is getting from you guys outside Germany. @psrquack, are you wearing your Dardai jersey right now? I'm not saying that he's a bad coach, Hertha played well during the two games against the BVB last year, but I really believe adding some new views might help the club here. To me, Dardai is a middle of the road Bundesliga coach.

The investor is an infamous former Wunderkind businessman from Germany, who also went broke a few times. I'm sure the idea is that he collected the money to invest in an undervalued Bundesliga club, try to build it up a little and then sell it to some idiot from China/Arabia/India/USA once the 50+1 rule is being ruled down. Optionally, they could also go public with the club.

Berlin is the second largest city in Europe, in the most important European country, I can see how some guys could be blinded by that, thinking they'd turn the club into the next PSG. The potential is there though (for solid Bundesliga football, not becoming the next PSG 🤣 , just wanted to clear that up), a lot of talented players came out of Berlin youth teams in the past. The problem with everything Berlin however is the attitude...:laugh:

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

Interesting to see the love Pal Dardai is getting from you guys outside Germany. @psrquack, are you wearing your Dardai jersey right now?

Sure, I also tried your Trump lover suit and your heart decorated BVB hut but none of them fits.

Interesting to see I'm not mentioned the previous coach only the financial status, the current leader and the stadium plans but you can judge my love. Outside Germany? What if i live next to the Etsch or the Memel?

Let's be serious: it's seems you have decided to bet on the 5,00 odds. Do it, live long and prosper.

@psrquack wrote:

Interesting to see I'm not mentioned the previous coach only the financial status, the current leader and the stadium plans but you can judge my love. Outside Germany? What if i live next to the Etsch or the Memel?

Let's be serious: it's seems you have decided to bet on the 5,00 odds. Do it, live long and prosper.

tenor

Let me rephrase it, both you and @jerry hold Dardai in high regard, looking at the Bundesliga from outside Germany. However if you follow the league from inside Germany, the reaction to Dardai stepping down from his head coaching position where ranging from :dissatisfied: to 😪 to :wonder: Absolutely no comparison to Nagelsmann leaving Hoffenheim or Tuchel being kicked out of Dortmund, e.g.

Since the start of the Bundesliga there have been 113 coaches with 100+ games. Dardai at #57 coached 154 games for Hertha, averaging 1,34 points per game. Other coaches with similar results are Bruno Labbadia, Falko Götz, Dieter Hecking or Huub Stevens.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/1-bundesliga/erfolgreichetrainer/wettbewerb/L1/aktiveTrainer//saisonIdVon/1963/saisonIdBis/2019/anzahl/100/group//plus/

These are not bad coaches, except Falko Götz of course, however after just looking at the numbers, Dardai is a middle of the road Bundesliga coach and after 4,5 years as the head coach of Berlin, I think the decision to try something new is very much justified. Similar to Dardai the new coach Covic is no unknown either. Born in Berlin, played a long time for Hertha and coached their second team 180 times.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

@cris1285 wrote:

If I bet 20 Euro on the BVB winning the title at 5,00 and during the course of the season the odds drop down to 2,00, how is the cash-out being computed?

Berlin is the second largest city in Europe, in the most important European country

Ultra highly secret formula that no one knows. If they even allow cash out. Dunno about that site but usually there is no guarantee.

And Heil Germany 😏

Aaaaaaaaaargh, I just found a Bundesliga outright which I would consider an almost save bet! I really think UB/LateLateLate are completely napping here and I'm not talking about Paderborn being relegated at 2,00....

Yet on the other hand, I want to bet on the BVB to win the title, especially since we're still being linked to new star players and Bayern is sitting on their hands. This morning it was Samassekou from Red Bull Salzburg:

Decisions, decisions...

I get the feeling that we're indeed staying in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 this year! :Veryangry: Which in my mind is totally stupid, because then you have Mats "The Turtle" Hummels having to sprint a lot, with Schulz/Hakimi playing outside. Against Liverpool's B-Team, Hummels had a few situations where he didn't look so good...

@psrquack wrote:

I'm so sad that you didn't understand my plan. 2 is for Trump very bad deal (around 3-4 would be realistic) but I know how engaged Trump fan you are and I'm sure you will place this bet. All i sad just earn some money with Hertha's relegation (I wouldn't wonder if they will have more than 2-3 point after the first 4 games) sell that bet with profit and then unite your Trump with more money. Btw if Michael (no money check garbage) Preetz won't be fired they won't spend much for new players and we still don't know how a BuLi newbie coach will exist. I think those investments will go for the new stadium, not for players.

@psrquack

I think you really misread the situation for Hertha Berlin.

German garbage newspaper Bild is now reporting that Hertha will sign Dodi Lukebakio from Watford (was playing well for Düsseldorf last season) for a Hertha record fee of 20 M Euro. Their previous transfer record was just 8 M Euro! :speechless: The BVB record (Hummels) is at just 30.5 M + boni.

The Berlin strategy with their new capital obviously is to invest in players to increase the value of the club and then to sell those guys at a profit later. This sounds nice on paper but a) you need excellent scouting for that plan to succeed and b) you still need to find bargains. The risk with so much excess money is that you then start to splash like a lunatic...

However with new transfers incoming, they won't have to fight relegation. Maybe they can even surprise Bayern on matchday 1. That's something we all root for, I suppose...

@WuDu 

You can also place that hatehatehate money to Sane to BM. I'm 99% sure that will happen 😉 But really what interests me, would there be cash and interest to get Coutinho too with odds of 34 :wow:  Ribery & Rodriguez gone so there certainly would be room for him. If/when Neymar goes to Barca, no need for Coutinho there and then there ain't many options for him cause not many teams can afford him. Psg maybe, Liverpool said no, City no need for him, don't think he fits in united's budget. Imo odds are way high :wonder:

• Like 1

@Livertool wrote:

@WuDu 

You can also place that hatehatehate money to Sane to BM. I'm 99% sure that will happen 😉 But really what interests me, would there be cash and interest to get Coutinho too with odds of 34 :wow:  Ribery & Rodriguez gone so there certainly would be room for him. If/when Neymar goes to Barca, no need for Coutinho there and then there ain't many options for him cause not many teams can afford him. Psg maybe, Liverpool said no, City no need for him, don't think he fits in united's budget. Imo odds are way high :wonder:

Just because the money is stuck with BaitBaitBait doesn't mean that I want to splash here! 2.50 for Sane is fair in my opinion, so no value! UNLESS you have inside information...

Coutinho is not gonna happen, the back-up plan for Bayern was Dembele. 🤣

Like I said, I have found a Bundesliga bet for solid odds I'd consider to be almost certain money. I'll post it here once I made my mind up, the question is, do I go for the big one with the BVB?

Besides, Baumgart being the first coach to be released at 4,00 is a joke! This is not going to happen as well! If the SCP goes down again, I'm certain Baumgart will play out the year and then leave for another Bundesliga club in 20/21.

• Like 1

@XY wrote:

Btw,thanks @Livertool for requested odds on Teemu Pukki's season goals...but why such a low number? 😉

https://www.unibet.com/betting/sports/event/1005604966

Agree. Or low or high number :D No sure bets here so line would have to somewhere that you can get odds of 5 or something to make it interesting for season bet, so many variables along the way.

Thou Pukki is best scorer in the world atm that 9.5 is quite high. Lot better defending in pl and not so many chances per game so you will have to make goals with very high%. Having said that still i believe in 13 goals :Rofl:

That Pukki line is tempting. He could be something like Mitrovic was last year, a reliable goalscorer in a terrible team. Last time he was in a high level, he played only few matches in Schalke, still scored 3 and 5 goals. Here he is the best striker who will play every game possible, and he seems to be a late bloomer, i believe he is in his best form ever right now. Norwich`s penalty taker is Vrancic as far as i know (and Pukki is second), but he is a typical bosnian bulldog midfielder, with a couple of cards he could miss few games giving extra chance for Pukki. 

I rely on him, but i dont know what to do, should i put him in the Fantasy team or bet on him? (i dont wanna suck w him in both) 🤣

Bundesliga-wise, i placed a bet on Lewandowski to be top golascorer. It was 2.0 on unibet, way better odds than some others (around 1.7), so i didnt hesitate. I think thats value, i dont see a danger here (maybe Weghorst), last season even he was quiet poor, scored 4 more than the second best. 

I was thinking on Sancho for the most assist (odds 8.0), but something is fishy here :wow: Its way too high, in his first season he had 18 assists, more than anybody else in the top league (maybe except Messi?). Maybe the incredibly deep roster at Dortmund would ruin this pick (more rotation)? 

@cris1285 wrote:

Bundesliga-wise, i placed a bet on Lewandowski to be top golascorer. It was 2.0 on unibet, way better odds than some others (around 1.7), so i didnt hesitate. I think thats value, i dont see a danger here (maybe Weghorst), last season even he was quiet poor, scored 4 more than the second best. 

I was thinking on Sancho for the most assist (odds 8.0), but something is fishy here :wow: Its way too high, in his first season he had 18 assists, more than anybody else in the top league (maybe except Messi?). Maybe the incredibly deep roster at Dortmund would ruin this pick (more rotation)? 

I think we had that discussion here 2 years ago, when @Stubbe-Unibet bet on Dembele being the assist-leader after his 16/17 season. Dembele then went on to Barca after he lead the Bundesliga in assists in 16/17. The thing I pointed out then is that assists are a very volatile statistic that cannot be replaced from year to year. I hope Sancho will be getting some rest from time to time this year, however don't forget that he started last year on the bench for the first few games and was very effective as a sub. Even without injuries, picks like that are just burning money.

Speaking of Lewa, sure he's the favorite but at 2,00 there's absolutely no value! Forget about Alcacer for a second, there are so many forwards in the Bundesliga, it only takes one to have an insane year and the bet is lost...

OK guys,

I placed my bet at cali-fate-fate-fate:

bvb.PNG.da3faf0bca6aeaa40c422322256415d1.PNG

The BVB to win it all this season!

giphy

Also, @Livertool and @psrquack inspired me a little to keep a close watch on the cash out value of the bet (19,75 right now :Laugh: Highway robbers). I really like what I've seen so far from our beloved BVB in the preseason and I'm certain that we'll be able to have a good start to the year! Maybe we can whoop some Bayern asses already this Saturday in the Supercup!

Another bet I considered was this one:hoffe.PNG.095487b8802a43cce87c55cb85cbdcaf.PNG

Honestly, Unibet/888 are totally asleep at the wheel here and I'd consider a bet on Gladbach to finish at a higher position to be almost certain. Trump2020 is at 100 % for me, BVB2020 is at 50 % for me. Gladbach to finish higher than Hoffenheim is somewhere in the 90s for me. :Wow:

Why? Hoffenheim lost Nagelsmann to Red Bull, to me he was the main reason they played for the UCL and Europa League spots. They also lost Joelinton (44 M Newcastle), Demirbay (32 M Leverkusen) and Schulz (25 M BVB). Amiri is on his way to Bayer as well. They only picked up Skov from Copenhagen (no clue about him) and Bebou from H96 so far.

Gladbach on the other hand replaced coach Hecking with Marco Rose from Red Bull Salzburg. They lost Hazard to the BVB but also picked up talented players with Lainer from Red Bull, Embolo from the smurfs and Marcus Thuram out of France. Thuram was someone that was also very popular with BVB supporters as a potential pick-up.

Overall I think Gladbach has the better roster, the better coach and more potential. They're playing for the UCL/Europa League this year. Hoffenheim will probably finish in the middle of nowhere or even have to fight to stay in the league.

Skov can become an amazing signing. Best player to come from the Danish league since Ebbe Sand ;)

Schalke haven't been great in the friendlies, but has also been some very alternative lineups. I can't wait to watch the first few Bundesliga games. I've got a feeling it's either going to be horrific or great with the new playing style (the former probably the most likely, but we'll see) :)

I'll put € 10 on Schalke to win the league at odds 401. Don't remember a season where I didn't bet on them either winning the CL or BL, and it has to happen one day :D

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Skov can become an amazing signing. Best player to come from the Danish league since Ebbe Sand ;)

So Skov is better than Sören Larsen and Emre Mor? :atisfied: Which other forwards came out of Denmark since Ebbe Sand? OK, I'll keep a close watch on him, however I'm not a fan of 1-season wonders coming from smaller leagues (*cough*Dolberg*cough*). Even Alex Isak destroyed the Eredivisie in his half year over there...

Still replacing a buffalo like Joelinton will be tough for Hoffenheim. I really liked him when he played against us in the game that ended 3-3, when we pissed away the 3-0 lead.

Regarding Hoffenheim, they also lost Reiss Nelson! That's a lot of quality...

@Purps wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

Which other forwards came out of Denmark since Ebbe Sand?

Duh.

Nicklas_Bendtner.jpg.7a2cfbc8cfb01179b1d5e0a586ad2039.jpg

giphy

We all know, playing professionally in Denmark is beneath the Lord!

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

So Skov is better than Sören Larsen and Emre Mor? :atisfied: Which other forwards came out of Denmark since Ebbe Sand? OK, I'll keep a close watch on him, however I'm not a fan of 1-season wonders coming from smaller leagues (*cough*Dolberg*cough*). Even Alex Isak destroyed the Eredivisie in his half year over there...

Still replacing a buffalo like Joelinton will be tough for Hoffenheim. I really liked him when he played against us in the game that ended 3-3, when we pissed away the 3-0 lead.

Regarding Hoffenheim, they also lost Reiss Nelson! That's a lot of quality...

Wasn't only thinking about forwards, so you can include a player like Delaney ;)

I don't think he's an actual one season wonder. He was playing well for Silkeborg as well 2-3 years ago and he's been great at the youth national teams. Obviously his performance took a huge jump this last year, but I really believe he'll turn out to be a great signing and wish Schalke would have seen the potential in him :D

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Wasn't only thinking about forwards, so you can include a player like Delaney ;)

I don't think he's an actual one season wonder. He was playing well for Silkeborg as well 2-3 years ago and he's been great at the youth national teams. Obviously his performance took a huge jump this last year, but I really believe he'll turn out to be a great signing and wish Schalke would have seen the potential in him :D

Same with Delaney when he left Denmark for Werder Bremen? Well, the Hoffenheim to S04/Bayer Leverkusen/BVB pipeline is very much intact, so if Skov can make moves in the Bundesliga in the next 1-2 years, we know where he'll be playing then, depending on his performance...

Speaking of S04, Sebastian Rudy is being loaned out back to Hoffenheim. After 1 year. After being their record transfer. That's 16 M Euro down the drain for now...

@Stubbe-Unibet, I was thinking about the calculation for cashing out bets, is this one correct?

Old odds/current odds * (1-juice) * money risked.

So if I bet 20 Euro on the BVB at odds of 5,00 and you're taking 5 % juice and the odds move to 2,5 during the season, I could cash out for:

5,00/2,50 * 0,95 * 20 E = 1,90 * 20 E = 38 Euro. That should be it, isn't it?

• Like 1

@jerry wrote:

I dont think cash out work for long term bets at Unibet. 

I had to place the bet with Hate-Hate-Hate:

cashout.PNG.c412b8a18ce164e4f4fce3de63903d9e.PNG

• Like 1

When season start this market will vanish and cash out along with this. Had this with many diffrent sports. Every year i hope Unibet will change that. There are bookies with higher odds on Dortmund than 5 BTW 😏

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Yeah, like i said, no guarantees for cash out. Expect it to vanish and maybe at some point to return. Example if they gain huge lead or are almost champions and waitlatemate can gain something by offering cash out. Then again how interesting it is to cash out at that point?

• Like 1