Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

@XY wrote:

Hope I see you guys here tomorrow after the match!

Till then...

Povezana slika

All hail king @XY . :Laugh:

At least we're seeing "Kovacball" again next season...hopefully.

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

All hail king @XY . :laugh:

Robert Lewandowski Lol GIF by FC Bayern Munich

Willi who @WuDu ???  Upamecano?  :Rofl:

Must admit Bayern looked really,really good.Both,with the ball and without the ball.

I can see what Kovac expecting from them.

Javi Martínez and M. Hummels were amazing today. :Inlove:

I am staying behind my words made few days ago.Leipzig was solid first half,and had that save/crossbar,but other than that nothing special.In a second half they were even worse,when they chased the result. :Disappointed:

• Like 2

@Livertool wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

@XY wrote:

Hope I see you guys here tomorrow after the match!

Till then...

Povezana slika

All hail king @XY . :Laugh:

Two goals ain't nothing against bad team (3rd in BL) and meaningless cup final match. Right @jerry ?  :Smirk:

Watching Red Bull vs Bayern is like choosing between getting Aids or cancer, so most of the game I

didnt-watch-lol

:Laugh:

The BVB already on the verge of another signing:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/magnus-kaastrup/profil/spieler/400549

More Danish Dynamite for us, probably not seeing minutes next year, but why not?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Promotion playoff shouldnt be with away goal rule. Union was slightly better but they didnt even scored one more goal. English chapionship got it right. IMO in we should resign from away goal rule in every comp.

Good for them though. Union-Hertha derby. 🆒

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

stutt.thumb.png.8a89f458a670c40d949b3e8f53600c21.png

Pretty much sums up Stuttgart's night! :Speechless:

But there it is also a good news.One relegation spot is reserved,so Schalke have more chances of staying safe next season. :Laugh:

• Like 3

Union moving up is good news for my hometeam Paderborn! We only have to leave 1 established Bundesliga club behind now to stay in...👍

Deserving loss for Stuttgart, never understood how they basically were content to reach the relegation spot. That was pathetic! 

Also great to see Unibet advertising so much during this game!

• Like 1

I would say it compliments Badstuber monkeystare 🤣

I chuckle a bit when english commentators said that he was exceptionally talented and the injury stopped him 🤣🤣😀.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

union.PNG.64896743852bf2710c2e923362f0b433.PNG

The supporters are great, though!

Next year in 2. Bundesliga: HSV, Stuttgart, Hannover, Nürnberg in addition to a bunch of traditional teams that might fight for promotion as well (Pauli, Bielefeld, Darmstadt...). This will be tough...

• Like 1

Dont see Union stay up. But what do i know, i thought that Fortuna is by far the weakest german Bundesliga side and they avoided relegation quite comfortably. Heres something for @WuDu Kownacki snubbed Schalke for Fortuna. Will they pay 13mln to Sampdoria?

Coming back to Union, was watching both matches and they have quite deadly counter attack, but not on Bundesliga level IMO (and they have very bad goalkeeper, i know cause he played in my hometown). Could be boring season next year, Bayern champ in March (with Kovacball), at the same time Paderborn and Union relegated 😏. Maybe they both pull Fortuna, Paderborn above all play really interesting football. But they sold one of their best players didnt they (Tekpetey to Schalke for 2.5mln)? 

• Like 1

@jerry wrote:

Dont see Union stay up. But what do i know, i thought that Fortuna is by far the weakest german Bundesliga side and they avoided relegation quite comfortably. Heres something for @WuDu Kownacki snubbed Schalke for Fortuna. Will they pay 13mln to Sampdoria?

Coming back to Union, was watching both matches and they have quite deadly counter attack, but not on Bundesliga level IMO (and they have very bad goalkeeper, i know cause he played in my hometown). Could be boring season next year, Bayern champ in March (with Kovacball), at the same time Paderborn and Union relegated 😏. Maybe they both pull Fortuna, Paderborn above all play really interesting football. But they sold one of their best players didnt they (Tekpetey to Schalke for 2.5mln)? 

In the summer of 2017, Paderborn was relegated to the 4th division. They stayed in the 3rd division because 1860 Munich's Arab moneyman wasn't willing to pay the bills and Paderborn was lucky to stay in. Afterwards they were promoted twice in a row! Of course the SCP is the underdog in the Bundesliga, but they've been there 5 years ago, so we'll see!

Schalke had a buy-back clause for Tekpetey, not much Paderborn could do about it. They basically sign unknowns out of the 3rd and 4th division and plug them in. One guy from Cottbus and another player from BVB 2 were signed this week. Hopefully with Union being promoted as well, we only need Düsseldorf or so to slip up to have a chance at staying in.

Düsseldorf doesn't have the :cash: for Kownacki or Lukebakio. Maybe another loan...

• Like 1

Stubbe on suicide watch:

Nübel doesn't want to extend his contract (for now):

https://www.ruhr24.de/s04/alexander-nuebel-wuerde-bei-seinem-vertrag-als-schalke-04-anders-handeln-213894/

He wants to wait until after the Euro U-21 to think about his future and even "taunts" Schalke for making the mistake of not extending him before they inserted him into the starting lineup. :Laugh: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cef7c63777855444d0ace88&rid=giphy

However if S04 manages to generate a transfer fee for once, 20 % go to the SC Paderborn, Nübel's youth club. After losing Tekpetey and Klement so far, we might get rid of our total debt (7,6 M Euro) with just one Bundesliga season...

Fenerbahce doing giveaways @WuDu  ...Schalke currently 

Shopping GIF

:Rofl:

Stubbe-Unibet could you pass "clubs preparations" request to sports team.
Request,Schalke 04 to have a pre-season preparations in Turkey. :Laugh:

• Like 2

SC Paderborn losing another key contributor, this time manager Krösche is joining Red Bull for round about 1,000,000 Euro. According to my local newspaper, RB Leipzig and Paderborn are now also thinking about setting up some kind of a co-operation where Red Bull plans to loan us some of their development players. 👍

It would be really cool if the BVB could loan out some of their young guys to the SCP as well, someone like Sergio Gomez or Alexander Isak, if they determine, that those two guys need to get playing time on the Bundesliga level. Isak played well in the Eredivisie, however it's tough to judge whether his success over there translates to the Bundesliga.

Also what's interesting is that Paderborn is basically running a strategy I doubt I have seen before in the Bundesliga when it comes to transfers: They're basically sticking to their concept of picking up unknowns from lower leagues in order to have a young and hungry team in case they're relegated at the end of next season. I'm really curious whether that works out in the end...  

• 2 weeks later...

@Livertool wrote:

Feels fishy to me and two teams in same league co-operating should be banned :dissatisfied:

It doesn't even matter if they do play fairly but there will be doubts in numerous things along the way.

What's so fishy about a co-operation? We're getting young players from Red Bull and RB is getting playing time for their guys. It's a win-win-win situation for everybody involved. The teams that are getting the short stick here are those middle of the road developmental clubs like Freiburg or Mainz or Augsburg or Düsseldorf because now Red Bull can approach talented players even earlier and still offer them Bundesliga minutes. But I don't care about them...

Personally, I think what Chelsea is doing with its loan army is much, much worse. Or those shady deals in Italy or Brazil where some "conglomerate" buys a percentage of a certain player. Or a club from Cyprus buying a player for another club from Portugal. Or Raiola receiving millions over millions of Euros from ManUtd after the Pogba deal. And don't even get me started on the situation at PSG, Man City or Milan.

Maybe we should discuss fair play after the first shady result comes in, not before anything bad even happened...Or do you really believe that Red Bull might lose a game on purpose in the end to keep it's "farm team" in the league???

blueeyes.JPG.b0f020e385286f9c1e41c958bf2147db.JPG

Which teams interest do you think is in first place? Do you think Red Bull is going to lose single point to "farm team"? Even if they win fair there will be doubts with single incidents in that match. Or Paderborn just happens to injure some RB's rivalry key players. You don't get suspicious if Sascha Heil :Hand: jumps on two feet to Götze and breaks his legs ? :D None of this can or cannot happen but if it does, do you think all will just be like nothing to see here.

There are lots of good leagues/teams that they can do work together (like they already do) so better just to keep it that way. What is the point anyways to have RB players play on most likely sucking team in BL. I don't see much development in player if team is just struggling and not even trying to play football.

I don't see anything positive that could come out of this kind of arrangement if we think BL, fair play, football all together. But :Heart::Hearts::Heart:storm can be huge.

@Livertool 

I don't know about you, but when Salzburg and Leipzig played against each other in the Euro League this past season, how did those games end up?

Like I said before, maybe the bad things that you're assuming should happen first, before we comdemn the two clubs. 5 years ago, a player from Paderborn went ankle hunting and put Marco Reus in the hospital, totally without co-operation:

reus.PNG.fdf115dfc07f2f533b9ee75658f87399.PNG

Have you seen Paderborn play in the 2. Bundesliga? They won 5-3 in Köln e.g. this wasn't a team parking the bus and hoping for the best. And that's exactly what you want in a "farm team". Not everyone coming out of the Red Bull system can be a Sadio Mane or a Naby Keita, so if you want to attract young talent, do you really want to let them develop in Denmark or the Netherlands? Look at Alex Isak who was playing for Willem 2 in 2019. In 16 games in the Eredivisie he scored 13 goals with 7 assists. These are great numbers. What happened afterwards? Despite the BVB looking for a back-up striker we sold him to San Sebastian.

My point is, if you want to develop players for the Bundesliga, playing in the Bundesliga is the best case scenario.

Again, this is an alliance, not a merger of clubs. Paderborn is still independant, however now the SCP is getting access to some players, they wouldn't have a shot at before. In addition to that, Paderborn is still signing their "own" players and developing them with the intention of selling them later.

Ok antifa. Release @WuDu  at once and stop spamming from his account. No one is going to believe this "welcome all immigrants, we all know it is going to cause negative side effects but since they haven't happened yet, lets wait for them first" jargon coming from him 😏

All the teams that gets promoted will get more defensive style of play for next season, Paderborn won't be different. Or then it will be mayhem from them. Few loan players won't make much difference.

But what can i say. To me working together at any level in same league is big no no. For so many reasons. What i read even Paderborn supporters is highly against it although i would think possible co-operation would benefit them against their rivalries. We just have to wait and see what is going to happen and get back to it later. Might as well write this already though: told you so 🤫

• Like 1

@Livertool wrote:

Ok antifa. Release @WuDu  at once and stop spamming from his account. No one is going to believe this "welcome all immigrants, we all know it is going to cause negative side effects but since they haven't happened yet, lets wait for them first" jargon coming from him 😏

All the teams that gets promoted will get more defensive style of play for next season, Paderborn won't be different. Or then it will be mayhem from them. Few loan players won't make much difference.

But what can i say. To me working together at any level in same league is big no no. For so many reasons. What i read even Paderborn supporters is highly against it although i would think possible co-operation would benefit them against their rivalries. We just have to wait and see what is going to happen and get back to it later. Might as well write this already though: told you so 🤫

Diversity is our strength. No human is illegal. Down withlivertoolhelpmetheyfinallygottome the patriarchy...:laugh:

Little fun fact, when Paderborn played in the Bundesliga 5 years ago, we were an absolute underdog as well. We finished last. However Paderborn was the best 18th place finisher over (at least) the past 21 years with 31 points. Schalke this year only finished with 33 points. Paderborn played Köln twice and won twice this past season scoring 8 goals in total against them. And if you look at Köln's roster, this wasn't a 2. Bundesliga team... Look at Schalke 04 e.g., one of the reasons of their disappointing season was due to their defensive strategy. If the Scp wants to have a shot, they'll have to play with heart and effort and attack.

We're living in a time where every idiot can start some online protest, a facebook group or hang a sheet near the stadium or from a bridge (happened here). One guy started an online petition and he received 2000 votes against the co-operation, so he was interviewed by the local newspaper. The majority of votes came from far outside Paderborn! :laugh: And the SCP is not the type of club people care about unless they're from this region.

The only reason people complain about the co-operation is because Red Bull is involved. Red Bull is competing for the title in the next few years, especially with Nagelsmann joining them. Paderborn is happy when they establish themselves in the 2. division. You don't need a co-operation here to assume that Paderborn would lose most of the games against them anyway...So where exactly is the integrity of the league put in danger? Red Bull playing for the title needs every point they can get against Bayern and the new and improved BVB. Paderborn needs every point they can get to avoid relegation. These goals are far more important than an alliance...

• Like 1

Breaking News right now that the BVB is in talks with Mats Hummels to bring him back to the club! I mean better than the Koscielny rumour but I'm not a big fan of this...maybe they'll really be able to bring back Gündogan now as well...

@WuDu wrote:

Breaking News right now that the BVB is in talks with Mats Hummels to bring him back to the club! I mean better than the Koscielny rumour but I'm not a big fan of this...maybe they'll really be able to bring back Gündogan now as well...

That would be a bigger transfer than Hazard-Brandt 😉

@XY wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

That would be a bigger transfer than Hazard-Brandt 😉

So after reading about it for the last 24 hours, I think I'm in favour of a Hummels transfer. At the same time, Guerreiro is probably being transfered to Barca, so maybe the BVB chiefs are planning for us to play with 3 defenders next season:

Bürki

Akanji-Hummels-Diallo

Hakimi                                 Schulz

Witsel-Brandt

Sancho              Reus  

Alcacer 

With Hazard, Götze and Delaney seeing starter's minutes as well in the midfield and up front depending on performance, injuries, opponents and resting. That would be an absolutely sick team! Wolf could be a solid replacement on the right side, Bruun Larsen on the left. Zagadou would still see a ton of minutes on defense as the first replacement.

With Hummels-Witsel-Reus we'd also have a strong axis of 30 year old leaders making sure we're not going to :Heart::Hearts::Heart: the bed again next season. I might be totally losing it here, however I like this move! Especially since Bayern only spent 80 M Euro on Lucas "my knee hurts" Hernandez and 35 M on Benjamin "my team was relegated" Pavard so far.