Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

...great season. Let's get drunk - some of us are already

schlacke.PNG.3e7a8cb895f9df5b7237318fea6996fe.PNG

Only drunk?CraftyBogusHackee-size_restricted

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

:laugh: Bild needing clicks again? Have you even seen the clip? He says in the end that his criticism has nothing to do with yesterday's penalty, otherwise....

tenor

Schalke supporters throw a lighter at Sancho's head after the 1-0 and he has to be attended to outside the pitch. We're playing 9 vs 10 and getting that "attack" which lead to the penalty situation, ref says nothing about it. Then after a minute  or so, VAR signals and Schlacke is getting the penalty because Weigl was shot at from 50 cm away. That's how those handballs have been dealt with this season, but that's still absolutely ridiculous, and that's what Favre is saying here. That we gifted you the game afterwards is another story...

Stuttgart won the late game, so the relegation dream stays alive. No way, S04 is Bundesliga ready next week against Augsburg after such an emotional win...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Bayern only drawing in Nürnberg, with Nürnberg missing a 90th minute penalty and Coman missing a 1000000000 %er in stoppage time! This is getting ridiculous....Seems like I have reason to watch us travel to Bremen next week! Bayern has to travel to Leipzig in two weeks.

Also, 2nd Bundesliga is getting insane again, with my hometown team Paderborn having a chance to be promoted again and the HSV having huge problems of even reaching the relegation games.

@psrquack wrote:

I need the troll skills of WuDu writing something here if he will be the new coach.

David-Wagner-616997

Hey, if Schalke wants to pick up someone who coached BVB II to 1,33 points over 164 games in Germany's 3rd and 4th division, all the power to them. In his two full seasons in the Championship, Huddersfield scored 1,25 goals per game. Yikes. For a bottom half of the Bundesliga team like S04, they would do much better with Hecking or Labbadia managing their rebuild, otherwise they could turn into the next HSV...

To be fair to Wagner, he won the UEFA-Cup in 97 with Schalke 04, so he has some Smurf DNA in him...

The BVB is said to be closing in on Julian Brandt from Leverkusen. I think he would be a great addition for us in the middle (next to Thorgan Hazard): Witsel, Delaney, Reus, Götze and Brandt for these 3 midfield spots would give us flexibility and depth. 

• Like 1

@XY 

Here in Germany, they are known as "plastic", "cans" or "fizz"...:laugh:

However if you look at their roster and their whole structure, they have a bright future ahead of them. Don't let the 3-3 against Mainz fool you. In 2019, they have been the best team in the Bundesliga so far, they're young and athletic and next year they get Nagelsmann. Don't underestimate their farm teams as well, this winter they picked up great talent like Tyler Adams and Haidara. Next summer they get young Austrian Hannes Wolf. In addition to that, they bought Serie B team Bragantino in Brazil.

Next week we need them to win against Bayern :scared: but whom am I kidding, we have to get past Bremen first...

@WuDu wrote:

@XY 

However if you look at their roster and their whole structure, they have a bright future ahead of them. Don't let the 3-3 against Mainz fool you. In 2019, they have been the best team in the Bundesliga so far, they're young and athletic and next year they get Nagelsmann. Don't underestimate their farm teams as well, this winter they picked up great talent like Tyler Adams and Haidara. Next summer they get young Austrian Hannes Wolf. In addition to that, they bought Serie B team Bragantino in Brazil.

Next week we need them to win against Bayern :scared: but whom am I kidding, we have to get past Bremen first...

Man. City had similar labels,but now whole world admires them and are a role model. 😉

Dont know,have watched them against Schalke and didn't impress me.Definitely not a material for such a strong competition,IMO.

Indeed they have national players,but dont think those are for main stage,rather secondary roles.

I remember K. Kampl,their main engine,never steped up in big games.I guess L. Klostermann and M. Halstenberg are good as they got NT calls,but ...

Also,their attack is quite limited.Y. Poulsen had this "one time sesason",therefore dont expect similar next.Werner is Bayern's player next season...

Will be interesting to see what can young Julian Nagelsmann teach those players that already have NT experience.

@XY wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

@XY 

Man. City had similar labels,but now whole world admires them and are a role model. 😉

Dont know,have watched them against Schalke and didn't impress me.Definitely not a material for such a strong competition,IMO.

Indeed they have national players,but dont think those are for main stage,rather secondary roles.

I remember K. Kampl,their main engine,never steped up in big games.I guess L. Klostermann and M. Halstenberg are good as they got NT calls,but ...

Also,their attack is quite limited.Y. Poulsen had this "one time sesason",therefore dont expect similar next.Werner is Bayern's player next season...

Will be interesting to see what can young Julian Nagelsmann teach those players that already have NT experience.

Have to agree with @WuDu here. As much as I hate them, Leipzig have been playing really well and you shouldn't underestimate their chances in CL next season - just consider Schalke made it past the group stage this year 🤣

Yussuf is still young (24) and he hasn't been bad in the past 3 seasons, despite his goalscoring stats not being impressive. I wouldn't be surprised, if he manages to score at least 10 goals again next season :)

@psrquack, I hope and think they'll go for a really experienced guy on a two-year contract (knowing Schalke it probably won't last that long), with the goal of going with Tedesco or another young coach again in a couple of years :)

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Have to agree with @WuDu here. As much as I hate them, Leipzig have been playing really well and you shouldn't underestimate their chances in CL next season - just consider Schalke made it past the group stage this year 🤣

@psrquack, I hope and think they'll go for a really experienced guy on a two-year contract (knowing Schalke it probably won't last that long), with the goal of going with Tedesco or another young coach again in a couple of years :)

I think we can all agree that we hate Red Bull Leipzig. Having said that, if you just look at their team, you have to be impressed! Best defense and 4th best offense in the Bundesliga.

@XY 

Do you agree that Liverpool has an impressive offense? In 2014, both Sadio Mane and Naby Keita played for Red Bull Salzburg in Austria. Firmino (Hoffenheim) and Salah (Basel) also played close to the Bundesliga/Bayern München. The key is to find and develop these difference makers before you have to pay 50+ M for them. I personally like the style of Haidara and Cunha seems like a great talent as well.

Having said that, now we lead Bremen 2-0, it would have been nice if Pulisic played like that all season, but OK...Guerreriro also looks pretty nice as our "new" left back, I cannot believe it...:speechless:

bvb.PNG.988b1f31cd4a770a411dec2e53c4f279.PNG

Akanji and Bürki bringing the LOLz today!

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

If you're pissing away the season, why stop on gameday 32? The 2-2 by Akanji/Bürki was on one level with the 0-1 from Fährmann/Sane against City...

Nah, the Bundesliga is basically decided at every point now with 2 matchdays to go:

• Bayern will be champions
  • Nürnberg and Hannover will go down
  • Stuttgart will play relegation against Paderborn/Union Berlin/HSV, probably Union
  • Only Frankfurt, Gladbach, Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim and Leverkusen play for 1 UCL spot and 3 Europa League spots.

Have you seen Frankfurt play against Chelsea on Thursday? They invested a lot into the Europa League season this year, it might catch up with them now...

Leverkusen and Bosz having a shot at the UCL is not good news for Brandt coming over to the BVB next season...

Leverkusen paying the 28 M opt out clause for Demirbay from Hoffenheim! That's a lot of money for them, but it also means that Brandt (25 M) is gone! 👍 The BVB team for 2019/20 is looking pretty good so far: Thorgan Hazard and Brandt coming in with only Pulisic leaving us so far! Now we need some wing-backs, a back-up striker, maybe a defensive midfielder and a young talent to groom behind Sancho and we're good to go...

David Wagner officially joining the smurfs next year! Good luck with a coach who left the BVB because things weren't going so well in the 4th division anymore...:laugh:

What you say @Stubbe-Unibet, we have other super bargains to offer: Ömer Toprak, Marcel Schmelzer or Andre Schürrle. Any interest?

Having said that, if the higher-ups at Schalke were smart (which they're not), they'd give him time to rebuild the roster, mainly focussing on not being relegated next year and then assessing the situation again in the summer of 2021. Having that in mind, Wagner is probably the best S04 could do at that position. I don't really see any other coach they should have picked up that would be an improvement over Wagner. I mean, I read opinions stating that they should bring back Tedesco...:scared:

@WuDu wrote:

Leverkusen paying the 28 M opt out clause for Demirbay from Hoffenheim! That's a lot of money for them, but it also means that Brandt (25 M) is gone! 👍 The BVB team for 2019/20 is looking pretty good so far: Thorgan Hazard and Brandt coming in with only Pulisic leaving us so far! Now we need some wing-backs, a back-up striker, maybe a defensive midfielder and a young talent to groom behind Sancho and we're good to go...

Looking good. Quite surprising Dortmund can keep Sandro after this fantastic season, one of the "hottest" youngster. 

The fight for the top four is still interesting, i personally would like to see Leverkusen to qualify (Frankfurt wout Jovic and Gladbach wouldnt do much in CL). 

@cris1285 wrote:

Looking good. Quite surprising Dortmund can keep Sandro after this fantastic season, one of the "hottest" youngster. 

The fight for the top four is still interesting, i personally would like to see Leverkusen to qualify (Frankfurt wout Jovic and Gladbach wouldnt do much in CL). 

Sancho is under contract until 2022, not a lot of teams have 150+ M sitting in their bank account for one player! Having said that, Sancho is just 19 years old, in Dortmund he can continue to grow and work on his game while staying out of the spotlight a little. If he gets transferred to Real or Man United for such a huge amount of money, that's all over...If he plays a great Euro 2020, it'll be tough to keep him. But maybe he stays on if we can sign his buddy Hudson-Odoi for free...

Frankfurt has not won their last 4 Bundesliga games, the game against Mainz on Sunday will be tough for them and then they have to travel to Munich. Leverkusen is playing S04 and Hertha, Gladbach plays Nürnberg and the BVB. On paper, it's looking good for Leverkusen, but crazy things happen when the season's about to come to an end...

Like I said, Bayern had problems in Leipzig!

The Bundesliga will be decided on matchday 34. Frankfurt needs to win against Bayern and the BVB needs to win in Gladbach.

The BVB again with a stupid performance, at least Pulisic and Delaney are back in form. Next week Reus will be back and hopefully Frankfurt can pull off a performance similar to what the did in Chelsea with one week of rest....