Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Great matchday for the BVB! 👍

Draw in Frankfurt while Bayern lost in Leverkusen. We're ahead by 7,5 points with just 14 games to play. Still a lot of time left, however the games in Leipzig and in Frankfurt were really diffcult. The next 10 days will be crucial with the cup game against Bremen during the week, the game against Hoffenheim next Saturday and Tottenham on the 13th.

And Schalke 04? :laugh: Today those guys delivered another slapstick performance:

Second half, the score between S04 and Gladbach is 0-0. A Schalke player fouls an opponent in the middle of the Gladbach half. Salif "Top-3 Bundesliga defender" Sane grabs the ball and carries it 12 meters towards his own goal, drops it and walks towards his own goal with his back turned. A Gladbach player says "Thank you very much" and immediately takes the free kick. Goalie Nübel has to leave his goal, fouls the Gladbach player running towards his goal and gets red carded. Gladbach uses this advantage and wins the game 2-0 and during the post-match interviews, Tedesco complains about the free kick. 🤣

• Like 3
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@TTABKATA wrote:

RMA-SCH.png.27a3efbdede71201f45d456ca736b800.png

Do miracles still happen? :)

@TTABKATA, with Kutucu, Sane, McKennie and co, everything can happen ;)

Opening odds on Schalke was 7 at Unibet and is now 8.25. Give it another 5 days and the odds will be close to 10 :)

How true. With these guys Schalke has a real chance to make history and set a new record. Remember, biggest defeat in UCL is 8-0 :Laugh:

Back than S04 had worldclass players like Raul or Huntelaar, but this roster is extremely weak, will be roasted even if City plays on 20% (what they often did recently). But lets see, i would be extremely happy if Schalke can make an upset (some of my friends are fan of Guardiola). 

• Like 2

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

And Schalke 04? :laugh: Today those guys delivered another slapstick performance:

At least we're still in the cup ;) A cup win and progress from CL will make it an acceptable season. Still believe in the miracle against City :D

:laugh:

I sometimes read the transfermarkt forums. It's really funny how Bayern supporters are usually pretty arrogant (Player XY is not good enough for us, only Hazard (Eden) and Dembele (Ous) are...) and how BVB fans are hyper critical towards their own players (Schmelzer, Götze and so on should retire in shame right now...). However the funniest aspect is the great and utter delusion of the Schalke supporters. :laugh: Great to see that you're continuing this tradition here on the ubcommunity... 

The cup game was a great game though, however what do you expect when you have to let your Regionalliga goalie play on short notice? He had some great saves in regular time, but both goals against us in overtime could have been prevented. Our goal is the Bundesliga title this year! When was the last time S04 won the Bundesliga? Oh yeah......

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

At least we're still in the cup ;) A cup win and progress from CL will make it an acceptable season. Still believe in the miracle against City :D

I sometimes read the transfermarkt forums. It's really funny how Bayern supporters are usually pretty arrogant (Player XY is not good enough for us, only Hazard (Eden) and Dembele (Ous) are...) and how BVB fans are hyper critical towards their own players (Schmelzer, Götze and so on should retire in shame right now...). However the funniest aspect is the great and utter delusion of the Schalke supporters. :laugh: Great to see that you're continuing this tradition here on the ubcommunity... 

Yes,it is true.I was at Bayern for 5 weeks,on trial.My night life costed me a place.

Also,I am Vodafone customer so...

What a ❤️♥️❤️ty matchday for us!

3-3 against Hoffenheim after we led 3-0 at home in the 75th minute. Didn't help that Coach Favre was out with the flu and coached the team via phone form the bed-/bathroom. :laugh: But that also shows what a great coach Nagelsmann is: Tedesco brings in a left back against us when he was behind 0-1, Nagelsmann brought Belfodil, Geiger and even Reiss Nelson when they were behind 0-2 and 0-3.

Bayern with the easy win against the smurfs, not that I expected anything different, but come on Schalke, at least pretend that you're not a walking bye-week for the top teams.

Honestly, that was one of the best offensive performances I saw from us this season: Sancho was incredible and scored one goal, one assist, one pre-assist and hit the post. Götze now with 2 goals and 3 assists over the last 5 games. But our defensive performance? Yikes...

S04 definitely brought the LOLs against today, thanks to top-transfer Rudy and winter transfer Bruma. 🤣 What do you say @Stubbe-Unibet, was that the last game for Sebastian "Trojan Horse" Rudy? 

Wednesday we play against Tottenham. Reus will miss this game and I'm expecting us to switch up the line-up a little more. Delaney will be back and hopefully Zagadou starts again. Maybe we'll even see Schmelzer instead of Hakimi and Wolf instead of Guerreiro...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

0-0 against last place Nürnberg in one of the worst games I've seen from us this season. Only 3 points ahead of Bayern and white hot Leverkusen is next!

giphy

• Like 2

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

15 Euro on Schalke to win the Champions League. Let's go! :cash::cash:👍🤣received_372436946885554.thumb.png.b346e5426f63ca8821fa386dc431fd69.png

Which exchange is that?

If we decided to rest Reus, Sancho, Paco, Witsel and Bürki for the return game, after losing 3-0 to Tottenham last week, our chance of winning the UCL would still be higher than Schalke's right now! 🤣 My advice: Take the 4.50 Euro loss, cash out immediately and put the rest on S04 not scoring a goal in both games against City. Thank me later and you're welcome!

@WuDu wrote:

If we decided to rest Reus, Sancho, Paco, Witsel and Bürki for the return game, after losing 3-0 to Tottenham last week, our chance of winning the UCL would still be higher than Schalke's right now! 🤣 My advice: Take the 4.50 Euro loss, cash out immediately and put the rest on S04 not scoring a goal in both games against City. Thank me later and you're welcome!

Miracles have happened before :D

With a ton of luck and a miracle of a goal at home, anything can happen. Guess the chance of Schalke progressing is probably the same as them losing with +7 goals over the two games. Odds +500 is pretty decent (301 on Unibet which is high compared to the rest of the market).

My "prediction": Schalke to play extremely defensive, City to miss A LOT of chances, Kutucu to score a goal on a counter attack in the 2nd half. Schalke to cruise home a 0-0 in the 2nd game 🤣:inlove:

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Miracles have happened before :D

My "prediction": Schalke to play extremely defensive, City to miss A LOT of chances, Kutucu to score a goal on a counter attack in the 2nd half. Schalke to cruise home a 0-0 in the 2nd game :Rofl::Inlove:

laughing gif GIF

• Like 4

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Sorry, but this is a wishful thinkings. If a team has a lot of chances that means the opposite team doesn't play extremely defensive, that means the home team isn't good enough in defense. Unfortunately due to the increase of number of foreign players german teams has lost the ability to show the german spirit in soccer (think what Lineker said), so no, if City will have a lot of changes then they will qualify. Sorry.

@psrquack@Livertool

Have you guys actually seen Schalke play this season? If not for Nürnberg, Hannover and Stuttgart being total dumpster fires, this team would have to fight relegation this year.

• Like 1

@testuser1 wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

@testuser1 wrote:

Just want to add that Schalke is currently the team in the Bundesliga with the second largest deficit on the transfer balance this season.

However the transfer balance is only at -30 M, because you're unable to generate any income from your departing players. So the idea that Schalke is getting a stronger team (30 M investment surplus so far) is false if your best players leave for nothing. And yes, this includes Max Meyer (#3 Schalker according to kicker grades last year), otherwise Heidel wouldn't have tried to extend him for 5 M per year.

Just look at the BvB, how it's done! So far, Diallo, Delaney and Wolf in, however we also made money by selling Sokratis, Yarmolenko and Castro. Schürrle will be next.

I watched every single Schalke game last season, so I do feel I'm qualified to give me view on the importance of the players - even more than the stupid Kicker ratings :) I've never said I'm impressed with the way Schalke fail to get paid for their players :)

Schalke is significantly stronger than last season. Period :)

PersonalCrispArrowworm-max-1mb

This statement never gets old, especially since manager Heidel stepped down today. Tedesco is next, however I hope he stays on till the end of the season, we need the easy 3 points against Schalke in 2 months. Significantly stronger Schalke this season with 23 points after 23 games with just 25 goals scored.

Bayern won today, meaning we need to do so as well tomorrow against Leverkusen. Thank God we're favored by the schedule as Leverkusen had to play Europa League on Thursday.