Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

@testuser1 wrote:

giphy

Uth had a really slow start - he played ok though - but he started playing really well just before he got injured. Embolo has never been one to score many goals

giphy

Yeah, I forgot, we're talking about Schalke here. At Schalke right now, the first responsibility for your strikers is to help parking the bus, so goals scored obviously are an after-thought when it comes to assessing their performance. :laugh:

But football doesn't have to be totally destructive, you'll see this Saturday:

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Dt5zianWwAAqS4p

Thank God, I didn't place a bet here...

Great atmosphere created by the Schalke supporters. :Thumbsup: I liked Oczipka in the first half battling Sancho and Harit had his moments.

Pathetic performance by Tedesco/S04, I mean, you score just 1 point per game on average, you're playing your arch rival at home, you're 0-1 behind, Burgstaller goes down and what do you do? You replace your striker with a left back? :Laugh: That takes parking the bus to a whole 'nother level. At least play with balls! At one point, S04 played with their #2 and #3 up front. Then, instead of altering your attacking style since your forwards are a left back and a defensive midfielder, you still operate with cross-ins? Then after you're behind 1-2, Tedesco decides to finally bring Konoplyanka on? However Naldo stayed on the bench the whole game despite you relying heavily on standard situations?

I think Tedesco is vastly overrated and his clock is ticking.

The BVB with a great performance in a difficult situation. Great performance by our defense, which was rarely tested though. To me, Sancho was the man of the match, superb goal scored by him. Reus working a lot on defense and Witsel being one of the elite players in the Bundesliga. I also liked Götze once he came on. Great victory, totally deserved and this year our goal has to be the Bundesliga title! :Popeye:

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I chosed this derby for yesterday early afternoon, my bad 😃 I didnt expect goals, or a great match, but i expected some drama, fight, will to win, blood. Like S04 didnt wanna win, and also Dortmund was only on 60%, so yeah, not what i hoped for. The best was the Schalke crowd. :Thumbsup

@cris1285 wrote:

I chosed this derby for yesterday early afternoon, my bad 😃 I didnt expect goals, or a great match, but i expected some drama, fight, will to win, blood. Like S04 didnt wanna win, and also Dortmund was only on 60%, so yeah, not what i hoped for. The best was the Schalke crowd. :Thumbsup

I mean, that was totally obvious. Playing anti-football and basically hoping for a lucky bounce, a penalty or a goal after a dead ball. If you take the game against Nürnberg (everybody scores against them) out and forget about all the penalties, Schalke scored just 6 goals in 13 Bundesliga games out of regular play. The BVB this season was in a similar situation against other teams before: Leading by one goal with just a few minutes to go. However teams like Hertha Berlin, Wolfsburg and even 2nd division Union Berlin created much more trouble for us. Yesterday, there was nothing from Schalke towards the end. Not even a slight hint of urgency, playing at home...Sad!

• 2 weeks later...

@testuser1 wrote:

I watched every single Schalke game last season, so I do feel I'm qualified to give me view on the importance of the players - even more than the stupid Kicker ratings :) I've never said I'm impressed with the way Schalke fail to get paid for their players :)

Schalke is significantly stronger than last season. Period :)

Especially Uth replacing Di Santo is a huge improvement -

@testuser1 wrote:

- I think Uth will score more goals this season than Alcacer. I'll definitely stake odds 1.95 on a H2H /html/images/emoticons/Asset8.png

buli.PNG.510d771f79851604b19609c8295d0a79.PNG

tor.PNG.9095d30a62d2048024ac62e2e5f17803.PNG

uth.PNG.ceca2a355e800224735fe43aa20d4618.PNG

PersonalCrispArrowworm-max-1mb

What do you say? If you lose in Stuttgart this weekend against Weinzierl, are Heidel/Tedesco finally getting fired? Di Matteo was sacked for finishing 6th, Breitenreiter for finishing 5th,  Weinzierl for finishing 10th. Especially when you're looking at the overall performance of Mainz, I don't really see what's so special about Heidel anymore.

• Like 2

I'm not impressed by Heidel, but I don't see any reason to get rid of Tedesco just yet. Even though he has been making some weird decisions lately, and I don't agree with the rotation, I still think he's a great coach and the right man. However, if we find ourselves in a relegation spot come February, something will obviously need to change, and firing them both could be an option.

NB I stand by all comments made pre-season, even though I underestimated Alcacer :) On paper, Schalke did have a significantly stronger team this season, and if we forget about Rudy, the new signings have actually done pretty well (really impressed by Sane). It's the top-performers from last season who have really disappointed.

@WuDu you are unforgiving for @testuser1  🤣🤣:happy:

Better tell why you didnt start Alcacer. It was no brainer against Duesseldorf yet again he is making sub impact (and with Sancho to add to the insult)That match pissed me off a bit and im not writing this because apart from this match i got all other the bundesliga matches ;), but just because i think this is a sign that they will not win the title. Would he be on the pitch from the beginning it would be an easy win. Now you just probably lost title chance with that late Bayern goal. Still much time till the end of season but losing against Fortuna is a shame (with Kaminski at the back, there is no polish supporter who would want to see him in polish shirt again, he is that bad).  

• Like 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@WuDu will surely know the exact stat, Paco is better from the bench. I agree that this can be a turning point. I mean its a 6 point gap, and there will be a game in the Allianz. Bayern played like ❤️♥️❤️ all season, and still so near, it can give a lot of confidence and vice versa. 

• Like 1

@testuser1 wrote:

On paper, Schalke did have a significantly stronger team this season, and if we forget about Rudy, the new signings have actually done pretty well (really impressed by Sane). It's the top-performers from last season who have really disappointed.

:laugh:

Sebastian Rudy hand-picked by Tedesco, the most expensive transfer with 16 M Euro, not even making the game-day roster yesterday. In 16 games, he was sick just once, however only played in 8 of those 16 games. The only game when Rudy started and you actually won was the game against Nürnberg! :speechless:

Mascarell, hand-picked by Tedesco, 10 M Euro, with just 169 minutes in 4 games so far.

Mendyl, 6 M Euro this year, has been an absolute disaster.

Uth with just 1 goal in 11,5 hours of Bundesliga football.

Don't put it all on 45 year old Naldo to carry the burden...

@jerry@cris1285

I watched most of the BVB games this season. You have to take the schedule into consideration here! We played a tough game against Bremen on Saturday, Düsseldorf on Tuesday and Gladbach on Friday. After 4 tough months with 25 club games, you have to rotate a little if you play 3 games in 6 days! The rotation wasn't the problem. Bruun-Larsen was our starter on the left side just 10 days ago, Pulisic is probably going to Chelsea for 66 M Euro, Schmelzer played OK (for his abilities 🤣 ) against Monaco and Götze started a lot of games as the False 9 (even against Bayern). Alcacer with the goal and Sancho with the great pre-assist even produced off the bench.

The problem was that in contrast to S04, Düsseldorf has a competent coach that knows how to park the bus and doesn't think he's smarter than he actually is! The 1-0 was a stupid mistake by Bruun-Larsen which led to the Lukebakio counter attack. Lukebakio also scored 3 times in Munich. The 2-0 was a long distance goal by their right back and I'll doubt he'll be scoring one like this again in his career. And then you're behind 2-0 against a white hot opponent...

However, I'd prefer to not see Bruun-Larsen, Pulisic and Götze tomorrow against Gladbach. Then we'll see. BVB-Gladbach and Frankfurt-Bayern are the games to watch. If we end up just 3 points ahead, that would be a bad sign, for sure. But we also could finish the year with 6, 8 or even 9 points in front of the 2nd place. 

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

@testuser1 wrote:

On paper, Schalke did have a significantly stronger team this season, and if we forget about Rudy, the new signings have actually done pretty well (really impressed by Sane). It's the top-performers from last season who have really disappointed.

:laugh:

Sebastian Rudy hand-picked by Tedesco, the most expensive transfer with 16 M Euro, not even making the game-day roster yesterday. In 16 games, he was sick just once, however only played in 8 of those 16 games. The only game when Rudy started and you actually won was the game against Nürnberg! :speechless:

Mascarell, hand-picked by Tedesco, 10 M Euro, with just 169 minutes in 4 games so far.

Mendyl, 6 M Euro this year, has been an absolute disaster.

Uth with just 1 goal in 11,5 hours of Bundesliga football.

Don't put it all on 45 year old Naldo to carry the burden...

@jerry@cris1285

I watched most of the BVB games this season. You have to take the schedule into consideration here! We played a tough game against Bremen on Saturday, Düsseldorf on Tuesday and Gladbach on Friday. After 4 tough months with 25 club games, you have to rotate a little if you play 3 games in 6 days! The rotation wasn't the problem. Bruun-Larsen was our starter on the left side just 10 days ago, Pulisic is probably going to Chelsea for 66 M Euro, Schmelzer played OK (for his abilities 🤣 ) against Monaco and Götze started a lot of games as the False 9 (even against Bayern). Alcacer with the goal and Sancho with the great pre-assist even produced off the bench.

The problem was that in contrast to S04, Düsseldorf has a competent coach that knows how to park the bus and doesn't think he's smarter than he actually is! The 1-0 was a stupid mistake by Bruun-Larsen which led to the Lukebakio counter attack. Lukebakio also scored 3 times in Munich. The 2-0 was a long distance goal by their right back and I'll doubt he'll be scoring one like this again in his career. And then you're behind 2-0 against a white hot opponent...

However, I'd prefer to not see Bruun-Larsen, Pulisic and Götze tomorrow against Gladbach. Then we'll see. BVB-Gladbach and Frankfurt-Bayern are the games to watch. If we end up just 3 points ahead, that would be a bad sign, for sure. But we also could finish the year with 6, 8 or even 9 points in front of the 2nd place. 

It takes time to settle in a new team :)

Uth was getting better and better and had a few great games just before the unfortunate injury. Rudy I'm not gonna defend - wouldn't mind him leaving this winter. Mascarell has been a dissapointment indeed, but I don't think he's been that bad when he got the chance. 

Sane has been great.

Skrybski has been good

Serdar has been good.

Wright (despite his bad first game) and Goller have been a positive surprise in the last couple of games.

Mendyl is a fun one. He plays like a 15-year-old who's waaaay to excited, but with more experience he could become a really good player - just not in the attack 🤣

• Like 2

Nice to see that Felix Zwayer the ref is back to his old match-fixing days! You know, he was one of the assistants in the Hoyzer scandal. If that wasn't a hand-ball by Kramer, I don't know what is!

@testuser1 wrote:

Uth was getting better and better and had a few great games just before the unfortunate injury. Rudy I'm not gonna defend - wouldn't mind him leaving this winter. Mascarell has been a dissapointment indeed, but I don't think he's been that bad when he got the chance. 

Sane has been great.

Skrybski has been good

Serdar has been good.

Wright (despite his bad first game) and Goller have been a positive surprise in the last couple of games.

Mendyl is a fun one. He plays like a 15-year-old who's waaaay to excited, but with more experience he could become a really good player - just not in the attack 🤣

@testuser1Now you're trolling! Did you write that wearing your old Orlando Engelaar jersey? I mean before this season started you were even writing up Johannes Geis and how did that work out so far...?

2-1 victory against Gladbach. Let's see what Bayern does tomorrow...

Great performance by Reus, Sancho, Witsel and Götze. Götze is a weird case: Has shown absolutely nothing against Düsseldorf and today he comes in, assisting twice and having a lot of positive impact.

Also Witsel with an insane performance again. Today, after 40 minutes they showed Witsel's stats: 60 contacts, 100 % passes completed, 98 % duels won. :speechless:

@WuDu wrote:

Nice to see that Felix Zwayer the ref is back to his old match-fixing days! You know, he was one of the assistants in the Hoyzer scandal. If that wasn't a hand-ball by Kramer, I don't know what is!

@testuser1 wrote:

Sane has been great.

Skrybski has been good

Serdar has been good.

@testuser1Now you're trolling! Did you write that wearing your old Orlando Engelaar jersey? I mean before this season started you were even writing up Johannes Geis and how did that work out so far...?

My old Christian Poulsen jersey. And I'm dead serious :D

Sane is in top 3 of all defenders, if you look at the stats. If that isn't great, especially considering how the team has done, I don't know what is.

Wright was bad in the first game, but he has been pretty good in the last two games. Skrybski hasn't gotten much time either, but when he's gotten the chance, he's been solid.

@testuser1 wrote:

Sane is in top 3 of all defenders, if you look at the stats. If that isn't great, especially considering how the team has done, I don't know what is.

Wright was bad in the first game, but he has been pretty good in the last two games. Skrybski hasn't gotten much time either, but when he's gotten the chance, he's been solid.

Christian Poulsen, what a lumberjack on the pitch! 29 yellows in 111 Bundesliga games! :scared: At least he had a solid career at Schalke and beyond...

Sane is a top-3 defender? :laugh: What kind of stat did you unearth to come up with that? Won duels? Won headers? Those stats see some even more obscure people at the top. The kicker (I know, I know...) has him at 60th place.

Finally, Pulisic seems to be on his way to Chelsea! I think this could be a solid deal for each party involved, especially if we're getting some bonus money in addition to the rumored 50 M Euro. Great player, however he's shown next to nothing since the US failed to qualify for the World Cup.

@WuDu wrote:

Finally, Pulisic seems to be on his way to Chelsea! I think this could be a solid deal for each party involved, especially if we're getting some bonus money in addition to the rumored 50 M Euro. Great player, however he's shown next to nothing since the US failed to qualify for the World Cup.

Pulisic to Chelsea for 64 M Euro. 3rd biggest Bundesliga transfer in history  after Dembele and De Bruyne. And we can keep him for the next half year! Zorc and Watzke fleeced another idiot once again...

UnknownHandsomeEgret-size_restricted

Question now is, what will Sancho cost in 2020 or 2021? 200 M? :Wow:

• Like 1

@testuser1 wrote:

However, I see the team as significantly stronger this season, and 16 % chance of a top 3 finish is a joke. Below my preferred lineup and the alternatives for each position.

Fährmann

Nastasic (Kehrer) - Naldo (Stambouli) - Sané (Insua).

Caligiuri (Schöpf)                  -                     Oczipka (Baba)

Bentaleb (Mascarell, McKennie, Geis, Serdar)

Harit (Skrzybski)                           -              Embolo (Konoplyanka) 

Uth (Embolo) - Burgstaller (Di Santo)

Right, 16 % was far too optimistic. Anyway, this season has been so successful that S04 is now shipping Naldo to Monaco, Baba's loan is getting terminated, Di Santo and Geis are not allowed to attend training camp and Harit/Kono are rumoured to be allowed to find a new club. Really funny how Heidel is coming down to earth...

@WuDu wrote:

@testuser1 wrote:

Christian Poulsen, what a lumberjack on the pitch! 29 yellows in 111 Bundesliga games! :scared: At least he had a solid career at Schalke and beyond...

Sane is a top-3 defender? :laugh: What kind of stat did you unearth to come up with that? Won duels? Won headers? Those stats see some even more obscure people at the top. The kicker (I know, I know...) has him at 60th place.

Poulsen, Sand, Løvenkrands and Larsen. Really miss the good old days with the Danish stars. Also miss the likes of Poulsen, Ernst og Jones. Will never forget this foul.

Regarding Sane. Every single defensive metric actually. He's won more duels than any other player in the Bundesliga, and he's won more than 70 % of his duels, which makes him the 3rd best in the league. Don't get me started about headers :Inlove:

Agree that the Pulisic deal is amazing for BXB. Same with the Naldo deal - great for BXB, horrible for Schalke.

It's no secret that Naldo is one of my favorite players, and he's an amazing person who was a great fit with the club. I understand he wanted to move, considering how much time he's spent on the bench, and he also deserves to play. Still, I hate that he's left. He was names as the best player of the Bundesliga last season, and he's been pretty good this season, when he got the chance. I get that Sane and Naldo are a bit similar, and it's difficult to use them both in a 4-4-2, but still. Less and less faith in Heidel.

@testuser1

Well, you have to be honest why Naldo wanted to leave Schalke in the first place: It's because of Heidel and Tedesco, especially if you heard what his wife was saying in the end. And let's be honest, Monaco is not the team from 16/17 anymore, in the UCL they were the weakest team in the group by far. If you decide to rather fight relegation in a foreign country in front of 500 spectators at age 36 instead of staying at Schalke after you extended your contract just a few months ago, you know there are a lot of things going in the wrong direction.

Do you follow the Sunday morning talkshows about the Bundesliga? Before Christmas, Sky Sport News HD had Frank Rost as a guest and they were talking about Schalke for a bit. Rost said that Schalke should get back to the old days of focussing on getting players from Belgium, the Netherlands and Denmark instead of shooting for "sub-tropical surprises". 🤣 🤣 🤣

Well, he's right! Especially if you believe the reports of a rift in the team caused by your French Connection. And let's be honest again, except Stambouli your "french" players seem like a group of dumb mercenaries. So who brought in those guys....???

Sane a top-3 defender? Delaney didn't seem to have many problems getting away from him when he scored...:laugh: Come on. I doubt, he'd even beat out our #4 Ömer Toprak.

By the way, every intelligent BVB fan knows that Großkreutz is an idiot. Still funny, how he triggers you guys all the time! :laugh: The funniest part about the foul however was the finger wag by Jones in the end. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, rejoice!

The Bundesliga returns this weekend and our beloved BVB will do everything in its power to win the title after 7 dark years! #forthethrone

Right now, we're 6 points ahead of Bayern and the first matchday after the winter break will be crucial: The BVB has to play against Red Bull in Leipzig and Bayern travels to Hoffenheim. Tough match-ups for both teams and anything can happen.

The BVB with a great transfer period so far, selling Pulisic to Chelsea and loaning him back. With that money, we signed 20 year old Balerdi from Argentina to be our CB project and we're probably going after Thorgan Hazard in the summer.

Bayern already signed Pavard for the summer, they probably already have an under the table deal in place with Timo Werner, they are currently heavily bidding for Hudson-Odoi from Chelsea ( :laugh: ), they are likely to sign Hernandez from Athletico Madrid for a record fee this summer and now there are also rumours about them trying to get Rabiot from PSG. They are really opening the wallet this time around.

Meanwhile in the darkness of the Bundesliga basement at Schalke:

giphy

🤣

• Like 1