Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

What an absolute sick thriller! I'm emotionally drained!

1st half, we weren't really playing BVB-football, way too timid, then we get the 0-1 and honestly could have been glad that we made it to the break just 1 goal down.

2nd half was insane: After 2 minutes, Reus with the penalty. Then a few minutes later we get the 1-2, then we're in front of the empty Bayern goal and miss twice (Reus and Paco). After that Reus with the great goal after the Pizczek cross. Then the 3-2 where Sancho first steals the ball from Ribery and Witsel with the superb pass to Alcacer. :popeye:

And if that wasn't insane enough yet, Lewandowski's 3rd goal, scored with his heel in the 90+5th minute gets called back due to offside! Who says the Bundesliga is boring?

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@PokerC99 wrote:

Really great to see the child/hero of my team (Witsel-Standard de Liège) and my favourite player all time becoming such a hero in Dortmund. :popeye: 🆒

Shame he was about to waste his career in China... He is a good player. 

Actually Lewandowski scored 4 times, two was offside :haha:

Bayern really need to sign some young, motivated stars, because visibly they got tired in the second half. This Boateng, Hummels, Neuer trio is a joke, errrrrrorrrrrrrmachines. And looks like they dont give a sh.t :laugh:

• Like 2

@cris1285 wrote:

@PokerC99 wrote:

Really great to see the child/hero of my team (Witsel-Standard de Liège) and my favourite player all time becoming such a hero in Dortmund. :popeye: 🆒

Shame he was about to waste his career in China... He is a good player. 

Actually Lewandowski scored 4 times, two was offside :haha:

Bayern really need to sign some young, motivated stars, because visibly they got tired in the second half. This Boateng, Hummels, Neuer trio is a joke, errrrrrorrrrrrrmachines. And looks like they dont give a sh.t :laugh:

Yeah, was bad news when he went to China, but he came back just in time and great that he didn't lose his qualities in China. He is now at the right time in the right place.

• Like 3

@cris1285

To be fair, Witsel just wasted 18 months in Tianjin, you would have done so as well, given the salary he received. But he is an incredible player, similar to Reus, Sancho and Alcacer. Always great to see how he's fighting in the defensive midfield.

:laugh: Hummels now with the "I was sick"-excuse. :laugh: Even Olli Kahn is making fun of him now. Hummels should have not left the BVB 2 years ago. Well, too bad...

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 2 weeks later...

The BVB now 9 points and 16 goals ahead of Bayern! Paco Alcacer today with his 8th goal as a substitute, the Bundesliga record for a whole season is 9 goals! When Alcacer didn't start, he played 138 minutes as a substitute, scoring every 17 (!!!!) minutes.

• Like 4

@testuser1 wrote:

the one against Dortmund, which should be three easy points :)

HeftyLankyBat-size_restricted

• Like 1

@TTABKATA wrote:

Zinedine Zidane 😏

:laugh:

Zidane doesn't speak German. Does he even speak English?

I could see them going after Wenger, after the Kovac fiasco is being dealt with. I don't think they'll sign a no-name again (Kohfeldt, Hütter). Too bad for them that Nagelsmann, Tuchel and Favre are long gone now. Kloppo is not leaving Liverpool to move to the dark side given the current rosters of both clubs. There are simply not many competent German speaking coaches signed or on the market.

However I think, Bayern's biggest problem is their aging team. They had the advantage of lucking into/stealing some great players for cheap (Müller, Lewandowski, Robben, Boateng, Goretzka, Kimmich, Alaba) or signing their stars before the transfer fees went out of hand (Neuer, Ribery, Hummels, Vidal). This went on for over a decade. Now that they have to replace a huge part of their team and also get younger while doing so, signing the best players from their Bundesliga competition won't be as easy. 

In this day and age, they probably get Pavard from Stuttgart but who else? Timo Werner from Leipzig? Would his playing style even be a good fit? The only guy they could realistically steal from us would be Pulisic, but I honestly don't see that happening, the interest out of the Premier League should be way too powerful...   

The Bundesliga is a league that turns great players into stars, however what Bayern needs right now is stars as they mostly suck at developing their own talent. These stars however are so expensive now, that even spending 200 M Euro next summer will probably not be enough...

• Like 1

@pinki wrote:

@testuser1  hmm there you are :) I haven't  seen you for a long time;) :wonder:

New job - moved to the dark side and working for a competitor now :D - so haven't had much time. I also haven't been very impressed with the activity on the community lately, which has put me off a bit - I kinda feel it's been going in the wrong direction for some time now, which is such a shame :( Lastly, I had hoped there'd be a CL fantasy comp, but that didn't work out.

But don't worry, you'll never get rid of me ;)

• Like 2

@CharismaMan wrote:

I am really curious who will be the next FC Bayern coach. What do you think who is the perfect? 

Oh boy, if the Bayern mole is correct about what Kovac said to the team on Sunday (blaming the German mentality for the recent losses), he's gone after the UCL game tomorrow. I think he wants to get fired now in order to get paid before Christmas...😃

• Like 1

Not excellent German, but he has to speak it. Guardiola spoke better German when he arrived in Munich than Ribery after living there for 11 years. 🤣

Wenger is a native speaker (I assume) and Bayern was interested in him years ago, that should be enough. But hopefully, they'll keep Kovac a little longer after the 5-1 today.

• Like 1

Very nice matchday for us:tab.PNG.10579a25796ae01297ef1cc4c9747c58.PNG

And next Saturday, it's on:

bvbsancho-ap-m

vs SchlackeY%C3%BCz%C3%BCklerin-Efendisi-%C4%B0ki-Kule-00111-Urukhai

Kick-off is at 15:30, so both supporter groups don't riot in the dark and at least a fraction of them is not black-out drunk. :Rofl: I'm expecting Schalke to do what they do best: Parking the bus and hoping to get lucky, so this game smells like a 0-0 or 1-1 to me unless Paco Alcacer keeps his streak alive...

• Like 2

DERBYWOCHE!!!!!!

giphy

Odds 3.3 on Schalke and 2.16 on Dortmund. Over/Under 2.5 is at 1.68/2.20.

giphy

Unfortunately Schalke are seriously struggling with injuries at the moment, and the attack does not look very impressive. Uth is out with injury. Embolo is out with injury. Teuchert is out with injury. Skrzybski might be ready and Burgstaller should be ready. Konoplyanka is in horrible form and so is di Santo (in di Santos case it's almost turning into a permanent thing). Young Wright did not look great in the weekend, and I think he'll need another year, before he's ready for the Bundesliga. Defensively it's solid though, and I agree with you, @WuDu, when you say there shouldn't be a lot of goals in this one. However, it's a derby and everything can happen, so we might be looking at a 4-3 for Schalke ;)

giphy

• Like 4

@testuser1

Whining about injuries is only allowed if said players actually have a positive impact on the game:

Uth and Embolo with 3 combined Bundesliga goals in 1250 combined minutes. :laugh:

Tedesco also preparing the game-plan for the weekend:ltzMCdb

I believe this game could be similar to when we played Hannover early in the season or Brugge this past week. Favre, in this situation, will be happy if we draw or don't concede a goal. Schalke is incompetent on offense and will park the bus. I'm sure we'll get at least 1 or 2 chances, and then we'll see...

I'm not betting, but the following bets at Unibet sound interesting:

u 2.5 goals (2,20)

u 1.5 goals in half 1 (1,48 )

u 0,5 goals in half 1 (3,35)

Schalke not to score in half 1 (1,65)

BVB not to score in half 1 (1,92)

Alcacer to score is at 2,48, Reus to score at 2,65.

Schalke not to score (3,55)

I'm expecting that we start with Götze as our false 9 again with Paco replacing him after 60 minutes or so.

@WuDu wrote:

@testuser1

Whining about injuries is only allowed if said players actually have a positive impact on the game:

Uth and Embolo with 3 combined Bundesliga goals in 1250 combined minutes. :laugh:

giphy

Uth had a really slow start - he played ok though - but he started playing really well just before he got injured. Embolo has never been one to score many goals - hopefully it'll come one day - but he brings something to the team that is really lacking at the moment (speed). Even Uth's worst game was better than Wright's last :)

Just another two days wait for the next three points :inlove: odds on Schalke have started to increase slightly, and they'll only get better in the next 48 hours. If they reach 3.8, I'll definitely place a good bet on them :)

giphy

• Like 1