Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

The season only just started :)

Defensively the team will be in top 3, when the season is over. It's already looking promising, and as Nastasic, Naldo and Sané get more games together, it's only gonna get better.

Scoring goals I'm more worried about, unless Naldo will play all 90 minutes up front, instead of just the last 15 🤣 Something needs to happen, but now Tedesco has got 2 weeks to figure it out, and I'm sure it'll be better against Gladbach and Porto :)

@testuser1 wrote:

The season only just started :)

Defensively the team will be in top 3, when the season is over.

tenor

4 goals conceded against 2 middle of the road teams is nothing to be proud of, to be honest. No goal out of regular play in 180 minutes for you is worrisome. Not saying S04 is the only team with a poor start, Leverkusen and Red Bull are to be named as well, but your next opponents in the Bundesliga are Gladbach away and Bayern at home.

giphy

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 2 weeks later...

But, but, but Schalke will be stronger this year, they said. Uth is a great striker, they said.

Performance so far: 3 games, 3 losses. 2 goals against you per game on average and just 1 goal out of regular play in 270 minutes. Next opponent: Bayern München.

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

What you say @testuser1, do you think you guys can park the bus today and at least draw against Bayern? I think the whole Bundesliga would appreciate it! Alternatively, putting a bounty on Goretzka will do as well...:laugh:

@WuDu, if they defend like they did against Porto, it's not unlikely Schalke can keep Bayern from scoring. Sané was pretty bad the first couple of games (new team and formation), but he's really improved in the last two, and he was solid against Porto. Fährmann, Sané, Naldo and Nastasic can keep any team from scoring, if they have a good day :)

Schalke scoring a goal doesn't seem very likely though, so I'm optimistic and expecting a 0-0 but hoping for a 1-0 :D

@Livertool wrote:

@WuDu

Was the second goal from Hoffenheim offside or why did they var it out?

Offside directly after the corner kick before the cross in...

VAR ❤️♥️❤️ed us twice: Clear penalty against Pulisic in the first half not reviewed, the red card against Diallo also not reviewed.

Schalke will be stronger this year, they said. Uth is a great striker, they said. Defensively, Schalke will be in the top-3, they said. They invested so much money, they said. It's just a bad start, they said.schlacke.PNG.0827afda559d8235380001681a288ff8.PNG

In 450 minutes, Schalke scored once out of regular play (Embolo with his great goal in garbage time) and once via penalty. The only W of the season so far was against a 4th tier team in the first round of the German Cup. :Scared: Last year S04 was the surprise team, the year before it was Köln. And we all know how that ended for them, because they didn't realize their mistakes fast enough.

• Like 1

First half today was the best 45 minutes so far in the season, and it could easily have been 0-2 at HT. Last season, everything went our way, and this season it’s the exact opposite.

Having watched the games, I’m not really that nervous about the season. 6-9 points in the next three games is not unlikely at all, and then things should get back on track, hopefully.

You do have a point about the attacking part of the game, which does worry me a little. However, Schalke showed promising signs in the first 45 minutes today, and it’ll come eventually - hopefully sooner rather than later.

@testuser1 wrote:

6-9 points in the next three games is not unlikely at all, and then things should get back on track, hopefully.

The track to not be relegated? Your next two opponents are Mainz and Düsseldorf. They might not have the name recognition, but look at their performance so far:

Düsseldorf drew in Leipzig and Stuttgart and won at home against Hoffenheim. Mainz with 2 wins and a draw in 4 games so far, never received more than 1 goal against them. In those games the pressure is on you, parking the bus won't help you there...

@WuDu wrote:

I wouldn't call it a done deal, but Bayern is the heavy favorite again. But they're not THAT strong, it's just that the Bundesliga sucks big league. Last year, Schalke finished 2nd, however no other team finished second with less points than they did for at least over a decade. The BvB's season was a complete trainwreck, yet we qualified for the UCL. Hoffenheim lost 3 players to Bayern, sucked in the Europa League, yet they also reached the UCL.

Hertha BSC leading 2-0 at halftime against Bayern right now. Maybe some teams finally found their balls again against Bayern...

6 games played and our beloved BvB leads the standings with 14 points and 19 scored goals! Second best team scored 12 goals. Next to Alcacer and Bruun Larsen playing great so far, I'd like to put your attention to Jadon Sancho: 6 games played, being a substitute in each of them. Totally played 130 minutes this season and accumulated 5 assists, leading the league as well. The assist leader last year was, believe it or not, Thomas Müller with 16 assists in 1960 minutes.

• Like 2

@WuDu wrote:

@testuser1 wrote:

6-9 points in the next three games is not unlikely at all, and then things should get back on track, hopefully.

The track to not be relegated? Your next two opponents are Mainz and Düsseldorf. They might not have the name recognition, but look at their performance so far:

Düsseldorf drew in Leipzig and Stuttgart and won at home against Hoffenheim. Mainz with 2 wins and a draw in 4 games so far, never received more than 1 goal against them. In those games the pressure is on you, parking the bus won't help you there...

Aaand, 9 points in three games. We're back! Looking great with Bayern. Think this will be a very entertaining and close season :) 

• Like 2

2 important victories against two tough opponents, I'll give you that. I'm sure the fight for 10th place will be interesting this year, however I cannot pay attention to that: We have a title to win this year!

One of your main issues still remains:

@testuser1 wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

Alcacer from Barca to the BVB for 2 M on loan and 4 M salary. We also have an option to buy him. I like that deal! Not much risk involved.

Do feel 16m is quite a lot for Rudy, but don't think the Alcacer deal is better at all - € 25mil buy clause is waaay to much. You're of course right it's not very risky, but € 6.2 mil for a one year loan is quite significant, especially given how late he's joining the team, he doesn't speak the language etc. I

Stats so far this season:

Paco with 3 games so far, being a sub in all of them. 6 goals in 84 minutes. No garbage time or running up the score goals.

Schalke 04 with 7 games so far. 6.300 minutes in total: 5 goals altogether.

• 2 weeks later...

@testuser1  after seeing how the BVB plays so far:tenor

If the sky commentator was correct, 27 goals scored after 8 gamedays is a record for the Bundesliga! 14 different guys scored!

Next week, bring on Atletico...

• Like 1

@testuser1 wrote:

No comment. Let's just wait and see how the table looks at the end of the season ;)

So translated from @testuser1-speech to proper English this means:

I'm deeply impressed by the BvB and starting to question my life choices! How did I come so far, supporting Schalke 04? Why is the BvB plucking some guy of the bench from Barca, making him the hottest striker in the Bundesliga, while I'm stuck here, having to support Mark "zero is the new seven" Uth? I really, really hope something happens to Marco Reus this year (torn ACL, cops getting him for his driver's license, meteor strike), otherwise the BvB is just too powerful.

😃

@WuDu wrote:

Next week, bring on Atletico...

4:0 is pretty solid against the best defense in Europe! 3 assists by Hakimi, 3 goals by our sustitutes and Sancho scoring after 4 minutes. :popeye:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I understand @testuser1 is MIA this season, for obvious reasons, however is no one else excited about BVB-Bayern this Saturday? If we win, we're 7 points ahead. Bayern also with huge roster issues right now. Thiago, Robben, Coman are all missing, James is pissed, Müller's wife took shots at the coach via instagram this past week and we have this one...

@WuDu wrote:

I understand @testuser1 is MIA this season, for obvious reasons, however is no one else excited about BVB-Bayern this Saturday? If we win, we're 7 points ahead. Bayern also with huge roster issues right now. Thiago, Robben, Coman are all missing, James is pissed, Müller's wife took shots at the coach via instagram this past week and we have this one...

I was waiting for this game like a kid, i mentioned in the CL topic i guess. This thriller was the match of the season so far. 3-3 would be more fair, but at least for me as a neutral the season will be more exciting.  

• Like 1