Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

@WuDu

Any tips for today who to choose for fantasy league from Dortmund? Opponent ain´t really easiest possible but they seem to be on fire so why not. Auba would be obvious choice but he is the most expensive one too. So interested about someone that will play and potential to score or give passes and ain´t so obvious picks.

@Livertool

Fantasy depends on the prices of the respective players, so it's tough for me to recommend a player without knowing how much it will cost. But from what I read so far is that the front 3 will be Pulisic-Auba-Yarmolenko.

Also there's the chance that Philipp starts for Pulisic, Philipp scored 4 goals in the past week but the game is really important for us and Philipp hasn't played a second in the UCL yet. Honestly, I've become a huge fan of Yarmolenko and he was rested this weekend. Game is important for us and Yarmolenko is a natural leader, so my advice would be to pick Yarmolenko.

@testuser1do you agree?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Bürki-Piszczek-Sokratis-Toprak-Toljan-Sahin-Castro-Götze-Philipp-Yarmolenko-Aubameyang

Philipp playing instead of Pulisic. Pulisic is then coming on in the second half.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 4 weeks later...

What's going on with my BVB these past few weeks? And now even the smurfs are breathing down our neck...:scared:

• 3 weeks later...

@WuDu wrote:

What's going on with my BVB these past few weeks? And now even the smurfs are breathing down our neck...:scared:

I'm absolutely thrilled about how terrible BXB are playing at the moment - it's a bit annoying they have to suck so much in Champions League though. For the first time in ages, being a Schalke fan actually makes you real happy every week. Sunday next week, Dortmund will be back where they belong - below Schalke in the table.

Been completely dead on the blog recently, and even though I'd like to post more, I'm not sure that'll happen in the near future. Might post the occational bet, and I hope to have something ready for the big match the 25th.

• 2 weeks later...

@testuser1 wrote:

And a betting pick for the match:

Dortmund vs Schalke 04 - 1X2: 2 - Odds 4.9

I've no doubt the odds will be significantly lower, when we get close to kickoff. Will probably post a few specials as well, when they're added next week.

Enjoy it while it lasts. :laugh:

And these odds are definitely value. I think we won 1 game in the last 7 weeks and that was against Magdeburg. Maybe if we get gang banged by Tottenham and lose to you smurfs, we'll have another coach next week. Wanna give us a discount for Weinzierl?

• Like 1

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

You should take Tuchel back - best coach the Bvb had in a long time...

f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea96453052a410cde3623a7a561724e3e

klopp800-1428582599

Tuchel had issues in Mainz as well. I don't know if Bosz is the right one, but honestly as a coach what can you do if you start a game like this:

• Like 1

Not entirely serious to be honest 🤣

Regarding competence he was the best though. He is a difficult guy to deal with but he knows all there is to know to have longterm success. 

I guess sometimes its just not working out - same with Ancelotti and Bayern - it has always been a difficult relationship.

What is so weird about Dortmund´s situation is, that you had such a great start - winning every match , playing perfectly, .. What changed during a few weeks?

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Well, what did Tuchel win in his career so far? He won the German cup with Dortmund this year and that's it. Putting a middle class team into the Europa League and establishing them in the Bundesliga like he did with Mainz is great but nothing extraordinary. Weinzierl (Augsburg), Stöger (Köln), Nagelsmann (Hoffenheim), Dardai (Hertha), Favre (Gladbach) did so as well in the very near past.

I don't know what's wrong with us, however at the start of the year, we beat up a lot of garbage teams. Even then we lost to Tottenham and Real. Then we had the national team break and we continued losing to the great teams (Bayern, Red Bull) but we also suck against the garbage teams as well now. No win against Nikosia, losses to Stuttgart and H96, draw against Frankfurt. Das not it mane...

Man, I hope after this year Watzke and Zorc clean up the roster big league! At least Schürlle, Rode, Castro, Sahin have to go and we finally have to bring in a defensive midfielder in the mold of Vidal, Gattuso or Edgar Davids.

So what is 1899 München doing this off-season? Extending Jupp for another season or robbing the 4th guy from Hoffenheim within 12 months? 😏

• 1 month later...

@testuser1 wrote:

I am of course going to put some money on Schalke to finish in top 4 (odds 3.25), but this is without having considered if there's value - I usually bet on them to win the trophy, but this year it's time to be a little more realistic :)

Not a bad bet since Schlacke is #2 right now, however it's a pretty crazy season so far, Bayern at the top and Köln at the bottom are gone however in between them anything might happen. It's just 4 points between 2nd and 8th place. However watch out for the BVB now that we actually have a coach again and get some of our injured guys back...

While i agree there is very good chance Koeln will not end last (they need very good start next year, 4 matches and at least 6points), Stuttgart doesnt look that bad 😏. They will make some points, and i like this Argentinian in midfield with hard to pronounce name. I would pick for the last place Hannover or fan favourite HSV.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Which Köln are you all talking about? The ones in last place will stay there for sure. They lost their coach, their general manager and their top striker from last year...They have to play like a Champions league team for the second half to have a chance at not being relegated. Not gonna happen.

The Herrlich dive was funny, but nothing against the God Emperor of all dives by coaches:tumblr_mqeamaLzbE1qe53ejo1_400Good old Albert Streit also involved! I'm sure @testuser1 will all feel warm and fuzzy seeing him again...🤣

• 4 weeks later...

@WuDu wrote:

Which Köln are you all talking about? The ones in last place will stay there for sure. 

@WuDu, want to change that statement yet? ;)

3 more points in the weekend and the comeback is real. 

If you're into meaningless statistics: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/715127/artikel_warum-der-1-fc-koeln-nicht-absteigen-kann.html

EDIT: odds 7 on Köln not to be relegated seems very decent.

• Like 1

First match was a key and Terodde goal in 90th minute was worth a lot. Its a long way to go but match with BMG was the wichtigste 😉 step. Now not to lose with HSV and win against Augsburg and they will find themselves 3-4 points behind (with two wins the gap will be erased cause i dont see HSV making more than 1 point with Leverkusen). If HSV lose that match they will be on 90% relegated. Interesting match for sure. So, its under 2.5, both to no to score , draw wiithout shoot on goal till end of first half etc...It will be like a boring final but the ending will be probably amazing.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@testuser1 wrote:

If you're into meaningless statistics: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/715127/artikel_warum-der-1-fc-koeln-nicht-absteigen-kann.html

giphy

@testuser1

Not even flinching right now, after Köln won two games in a row. HSV is traditionally strong at home, especially when they are under pressure against direct competition and this year they are 3-2-4 with losses against Red Bull, BVB, Bayern and Frankfurt. For a team fighting relegation that's not a bad statistic.

If Köln doesn't win, the hype is all over again.