Standard Anderlecht

ExodusJon

Hello @ExodusJon  and welcome to the community , 

If the match will not resume within 12 hours , all bets will be voided ( odd 1 ), like @CharismaMan  mentioned.

Here are some of the T&C of Unibet in these cases : 

5) In case of an abandoned event, all bet offers that have been decided prior to the abandonment and
could not possibly be changed regardless of future events, will be settled according to the decided
outcome. Should the abandoned event not resume within 12 hours of its start time, all pending offers
related to the event will be settled as void.
6) In case an event is abandoned and is scheduled to restart from the beginning, all bets placed before the
initial match which could not be settled through the outcomes deriving from the play prior to
abandonment, will be declared void regardless of whether or when the match is continued
7) Any event which does not start within 12 hours from the kick-off time as last issued by the governing
association will be declared void. This includes cases like matches which are postponed due to bad
weather, crowd trouble or similar scenarios. Exception to this are cases of events whose starting times
had not been officially defined yet by the governing association at time of bet placement, or those
which are moved due to scheduling conflicts/tv broadcasts but are to be played within the same
matchday (where applicable). In such cases bets will remain valid granted that the listed event is the
next official commitment from that particular tournament/league/competition scheduled for all
participants in the offer.

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

I was thinking now... probably a way to please all the customers would be to open the match on live again in the moment it was suspended. In this way customers could cash-in. After, of course Unibet can void the remaining bets. I don't know why they are not keeping matches opened a little more in this kind of situations. Same thing it happens on tennis matches that are suspended due to rain or darkness. Maybe some people want to cash in the bets, not to wait anymore. I am sure also in this match they suspended fast and didn't opened anymore. Belgium it's an important country for Unibet.

So Unibet, there is a way...

@Darocks wrote:

But they concluded it as a forfait (5-0 win for Standard). Isn't it more fair to give the normal odds for the one's who chose Standard as a winner?

@Darocks I'm open for a discussion on rules and fairness 😃 The rules were there when all the bets were placed and we void because it's most fair to all sides since the match wasn't really played. If you had lost your bet and read clear rules on the matter that your bet is supposed to be voided(like all bets on the match that could have had a different result had the match played out), would you think it was fair if your bet was all of the sudden set as lost, directly against the rules?

@Mark1980 I don't see how it compares. Your bet was lost because the game continued in regular fashion and the White Sox won? Or am I missing something?

"I was thinking now... probably a way to please all the customers would be to open the match on live again in the moment it was suspended. In this way customers could cash-in. After, of course Unibet can void the remaining bets. I don't know why they are not keeping matches opened a little more in this kind of situations. Same thing it happens on tennis matches that are suspended due to rain or darkness. Maybe some people want to cash in the bets, not to wait anymore. I am sure also in this match they suspended fast and didn't opened anymore. Belgium it's an important country for Unibet.

So Unibet, there is a way..."

@FunckyFish Assume we did that and still had the rules of voiding the bets, it would basically be the same as paying out winners and voiding the rest.

It's not your fault the match wasn't played, but it's not ours either. I understand the most convenient for the players would be to get winners paid out, but how isn't a void on all bets(like it never happened) the most fair to all sides?

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

@JeppeL wrote:

@Darocks wrote:

But they concluded it as a forfait (5-0 win for Standard). Isn't it more fair to give the normal odds for the one's who chose Standard as a winner?

@Darocks I'm open for a discussion on rules and fairness 😃 The rules were there when all the bets were placed and we void because it's most fair to all sides since the match wasn't really played. If you had lost your bet and read clear rules on the matter that your bet is supposed to be voided(like all bets on the match that could have had a different result had the match played out), would you think it was fair if your bet was all of the sudden set as lost, directly against the rules?

@Mark1980 I don't see how it compares. Your bet was lost because the game continued in regular fashion and the White Sox won? Or am I missing something?

"I was thinking now... probably a way to please all the customers would be to open the match on live again in the moment it was suspended. In this way customers could cash-in. After, of course Unibet can void the remaining bets. I don't know why they are not keeping matches opened a little more in this kind of situations. Same thing it happens on tennis matches that are suspended due to rain or darkness. Maybe some people want to cash in the bets, not to wait anymore. I am sure also in this match they suspended fast and didn't opened anymore. Belgium it's an important country for Unibet.

So Unibet, there is a way..."

@FunckyFish Assume we did that and still had the rules of voiding the bets, it would basically be the same as paying out winners and voiding the rest.

It's not your fault the match wasn't played, but it's not ours either. I understand the most convenient for the players would be to get winners paid out, but how isn't a void on all bets(like it never happened) the most fair to all sides?

/Jeppe

Sorry @FunckyFish, last part was for you on the edit 😃

Former Community Manager

Because you have a cash out button I don't think it's fair. You are not cheating with anything if you cash out the bet in this kind of situations. I said I had this problems on tennis when match was postponed. If the match was opened i could cash in the bet. It's curios that on some matches you are letting them open. I don't see any difference ....and even you cash in the bet, customers are not getting all the money because also the cash in had a smaller payout...but it's still something