Saturday evening session, 20.00 CET:

satevening.thumb.png.9c7c9247e8f707e49fb395bc70c834ce.png

:Thumbsup:

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Final round 2 session between Robertson and Lisowski just started at the world championships. Lisowski 9-7 up on a race to 13.

Really looking forward to this one as Robertson has been great and was the pre-tournament favorite this year and Lisowski isn't exactly known for his ability to win the big matches.

Let's goooo!!! 🍿🙂🔴

• Like 1

Fantastic match, by far the best yet so far, including a maximum, some brilliant one off pots, nervous and loose safety play and nerveless clearances. Totally unpredictable till the last red was sunk. Sport again providing the best drama by far. Is this the Lisowski breakthrough, although still some non GTO shot selection his concentration seemed to stand up.

A very open affair this year, probably 5 or 6 players in great form, who will get the running?

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R

Yeah it was great and I was soooo sure Lisowski is toast after the casual maximum by Robbo. Now it's Higgins that he has to beat so it ain't getting any easier. Just placed a fun bet for the quarters thinking Higgins will crush him... But we shall see...

image.thumb.png.e29343256274bf2e11b6bf46e9670586.png

Maguire +2,5

Bingtao - Williams / under 3,5 centuries

Higgins -4,5

Bingham - Trump / over 23,5 frames

Should be an easy $400 😜

Edited by Purps
  • Like 1

Good Luck @Purps

Last year I picked two underdogs and two favourites for the quarter finals, all 4 won 🤣 but I had no bet on them. 😭

Just to prove how unlucky I am I'll pick the same this year and see it crash and burn. 

image.thumb.png.94b40bfc589811fe6bccbaf45d778ab4.png 

Maguire hasn't looke particularly good so far but Ronnie has been really impressive, so a big plus for him. 

Mark has been teriffic, knocking in the breaks for fun, but can it last. Yan outselbied Selby in the last round, winning quite a few of the scrappy close frames from the master of tight play, and I feel he may run Mark close but just fall short.

It could be Jack's breakthrough but consistency has always been his problem, a fantastic potter but then missing some crucial simple pots has been his downfall, and up against a top top battler. Could be very close.

Judd just hasn't convinced me this time and Stuart could be the one to take him on, playing very well.

O'Sullivan        1.17

M Williams      1.85

J Lisowski      2.75

S Bingham      3.00

They could all be good matches, let's hope so.

Edited by GR1ZZL3R
  • Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R

Really bad first session from Maguire. You don't often get to play against a barely mediocre Ronnie, but he just couldn't capitalize from the chances he got. Also already 2 centuries between Yan and Mark, so I went for a repair kit listening to you this time 😀

image.png.014e2417f2ec99d2c94d4c1ca197b519.png

Also both teams not to score at Manchester and Under 3 at Liverpool 🙂👍

• Like 1

What a great line-up for the semi-finals!

Ronnie O'Sullivan vs John Higgins and Mark Williams vs Judd Trump 😍

Unbelievable that the whole "class of '92" ( Ronnie, John, Mark ) is again on the semi's, for the first time since 1999 😮

Fun bets have been doing bad so far but let's try one more before we run out of games 🙁

image.png.e0080a0b5573c90af669a7f752b0c603.png

Mark to win and to score over 3,5 centuries and over 140,5 highest break between Ronnie & John.

Ain't gonna miss a frame of what's left of this competition with this line-up. Hoping to see Ronnie and Mark make it to the final, but it's anyone's game and there are no bad options. Should be fireworks. 🍿😀👍

• Like 3

Only two out of four correct for me, both the shorter priced ones. 😭

The class of '92 still going strong but all 3 looked to have some degree of dip in form in the quarters. Ronnie was never in trouble in his match but not up to the standard he's shown so far. The same can be said for all the other three semi-finalists,  very close matches and all could have gone the other way. With no-one showing a clear upswing in form at this stage, rather a levelling down by everybody, the next two matches  could produce some close games. Down to one table, I tend to watch every session from now on, 5 days of Snooker Loopy heaven.  I don't really expect anyone to run away with their match, there could be a case for backing each player, and to be fair I wouldn't really mind which one ultimately triumphs. So, sticking my neck out I'm going with the safe ones this time, Ronnie and Judd. I've never been one for looking at handicaps really, it's hard enough picking winners as it is, but I'm looking at the number of frames aspect this time, going high in both. 🥂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Purps said:

Ain't gonna miss a frame of what's left of this competition with this line-up.

Well that promise failed fast. Literally fell asleep midway 7th frame and woke up after the session had ended 🙁

Anyhow, I doubt that this match will reach the 4th session. Mark had no chance whatsoever. I guess the stamina is becoming a factor as @GR1ZZL3R suggested. Also didn't help that the table was far from prefectly set and Judd seemed to handle that situation better.

Hopefully the other semi will produce better snooker or at least stay a lot closer 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GotKot99 said:

So guys: O’Sullivan or Trump? Which one takes the win?

I have to go with Ronnie, for personal preference mainly, but it could go either way.

Previously I couldn't stand Judd, but he has matured a lot and is totally bearable now. How much does he have left in the tank after that emotional rollercoaster semi though. Ronnie got his win so much easier yesterday 🙂

I'm just hoping it'll be a good one and why wouldn't it be 👍

Too bad Unibet doesn't have a bet builder option for snooker. Would have been nice to build a couple monster combos to go horribly wrong again 🤪

• Like 2

Well, after 2 very different semi-finals, Ronnie coming through fairly comfortably after a shaky start and Judd after a superb comeback from Mark when it looked all over pretty early on.  

This year Ronnie seems to have his eyes firmly on another (joint) record, his 7th title, prepared to knuckle down and grind out those scrappy frames, not always the case in the past. Judd is flowing, but only in patches. His long potting came back for a while but then disappeared while Mark took advantage, if it remains this could be another close one. I think (hope) Ronnie will win, (very similar views to Purps, I actually would have preferreded Mark to win his semi) but it looks set for a great final anyway. The outright odds suggest Ronnie fairly comfortably but curiously the favourite correct score is either to win 18-17 at 11.50. 🤔 

@Purps bet came up while i was writing this, pretty much similar views, but I'm going up one notch, hope it's a good one. 🤣

image.png.85e871a6d60b2a17a6d0ab8bb2ed9b5c.png

• Like 2