Purps football & hockey picks

Purps

Saturday results

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at my picks. It is really difficult to do this bad:

saturdayresults.PNG.87a17b66d2d599b03eb1143a100fa4a5.PNG

Going to slow down a little until I get back home to my own computer. Not sure if that'll make any difference, but this is just not acceptable.

:peace:

• Like 2

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Monday results

~16 returned on 12 bets 🆗

mondayresults.PNG.30f1d9601eaefd19a1bfc7a8ac5dc2da.PNG

Got my formulas done and now we see the full tracking by leagues:

mondaytracking.PNG.6c3ab2d4a95bbae8c5a7f369147ca1be.PNG

Only KHL is on the green, and even that not as much as I would like and expect it to be :sad:

NHL has been really disappointing, but there's still a couple thousand bets left this season to change that...

Better start learning from the mistakes, and get to work :popeye:

:peace:

• Like 1

Have u considered not betting 1 unit on every odd, but instead scaling your units so your win on each bet is the same?

Eg odd 2.00 = 10€ bet, odd 4.00 = 5€ bet.

I think it would be an interesting exercise to recalculate the previous weeks if you had done that, and see if you'd have ended with more money!

• Like 1

@TDW wrote:

Have u considered not betting 1 unit on every odd, but instead scaling your units so your win on each bet is the same?

I think it would be an interesting exercise to recalculate the previous weeks if you had done that, and see if you'd have ended with more money!

after testing it myself..real talk..to be ahead regularly...if you bet higher odd you must lower the bet an vice versa!

odd higher then lets say 2.80 you bet 1 and lower 2$ 5 10 15 30 ect

• Like 1

@pittpitt wrote:

@TDW wrote:

after testing it myself..real talk..to be ahead regularly...if you bet higher odd you must lower the bet an vice versa!

odd higher then lets say 2.80 you bet 1 and lower 2$ 5 10 15 30 ect

@TDW @pittpitt

I hear what you guys are saying, and there's nothing wrong with scaling the bet amounts by the odds. I've tried to keep everything as simple as possible and therefore stayed with flat bets.

On a perfect scenario we would use some variation of the Kelly formula for the bet sizing, but then we would need to calculate the EV's for every bet and so on, which is way beyond me.

I might do the recalculating that you suggested though, and see how it would have gone doing the scaling based on odds... I doubt it would make much difference though.

What I really should do to get better eesults, is not to try and find a bet on every damn game. Can't really be too picky if wanna make money on this.

GL guys 👍

• Like 3

@psrquack wrote:

Have you ever tried the Slovak Extraliga? I followed the results in the last months and there are many goals in almost in every game.

Nope, never. All the teams are more or less unknown for me. Goal averages seem to be higher than on the other European leagues that are on my "list". Might try a bet or two there on some otherwise slow day 🆗

• Like 1