Patent bet at Newbury

aiden120

Hi Guys i had a patent at Newbury my first 2 horses got placed , my 3rd horse came 5th but on my bet even after the race it showed 5 places. There where 18 runners originally but withdrawn where 3 of them so 15 started but it still showed 5 places on my bet even after the race had finished, then 5 minutes later they changed it to 4 places , thats not right they should have honoured my bet it was their mistake, but all they said was they cant do nothing about it, i think thats totally wrong , they should have altered the places before the race was off ????

@aiden120 Unfortunately mistakes are made sometimes. You may know that normally only 4 places are available in handicaps of 16 runners or more, 5 places are sometimes offered in big races as a bonus. If you were in a shop and asked for 4 candlesbut were given 5 by mistake, then was asked for one back, what would you do? It's a mistake, unfortunate yes, but these things happen. :sad:

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png