NBA season bets

Livertool

• 2 weeks later...

@Livertool wrote:

@ReCorpH wrote:

Hey @Livertool,

I'll ask about this. Do you remember where the odds boost came from by any chance? :) 

edit: It's the 200% one right?

200%  yes and @JeppeL  gave them away in the fall to those who wanted. Thanks :)

We know something about these bets, that they exceeded the deadline and no answer. Of course I bet a small amount, but it would be good to have an answer.😃

@ReCorpH , @JeppeL 

I criticize what I don't like"!!!

Hey @Livertool,

I had a chat with Jeppe about this, and while we can't guarantee that we can void the bets, that's what we will try. 

So if you wish to void the bet, please let me know and I'll pass it on to our trader. You are also welcome to keep it as it is, with the 200% odds boost and we will still keep the competition going. So no matter what, we will keep the competition going in some way or the other. I'll make a response to the original thread to update everyone as well. :)

@ReCorpH wrote:

Hey @Livertool,

I had a chat with Jeppe about this, and while we can't guarantee that we can void the bets, that's what we will try. 

So if you wish to void the bet, please let me know and I'll pass it on to our trader. You are also welcome to keep it as it is, with the 200% odds boost and we will still keep the competition going. So no matter what, we will keep the competition going in some way or the other. I'll make a response to the original thread to update everyone as well. :)

Ok, you can leave mine as it is for now. But if it gets postponed again or some new rules pop up that i don't feel is fair for that bet, i might consider :)

Imo they should have started already or then cancel whole season aka poor decision making 

@ReCorpH 

I used the €10 Freebet on it that we got here on the Community. I don't think I had much chance of winning that bet so of course I wouldn't mind a void and receiving another freebet instead. Can you check if that is possible?

Coupon ID: 2027827798

• Like 2

@kullfitre Welcome to the community :)

We can have a look, but the bets we were looking to get voided are the ones made for a promotion here on the community, since they had to be placed in order to take part. That makes them stand out a bit compared to regular bets, in terms of what we can try and request. 
Just want to be sure about the communicaiton, is this the first time you contact us about the bets?

Best regards,

Jeppe

Former Community Manager

What about "3 pointers" promotion?

XY.png.2c3f8712e7ceb5940a27790f84efb8b9.png

I would like to get this one as voided.If that isn't possible,then 10€ free bet would be fine as compensation.
2x5€ free bets would be IDEAL. :happyshy:

I know what Stubbe's answer would be on this one...considering how many games left,and that a few big 3 point shooters was injured,there is no way your bet would end up green. :laugh:

Welcome,

That's the second time.

I don't understand the difference between promotional bets and regular bets that you are explaining, my bets also had to be placed to take part.

Can you give me timetable when that's going to be fixed? Where can I find any unibet rules about what happens when NBA season is shortened? 82 games aren't going to played neither 75 games. There are 8 games left in regular season. What I'm acknowledging is that I have to wait until regular season is officially over in August and playoffs start and only then my bets are going to be decided/voided?

@kullfitre wrote:

Welcome,

That's the second time.

I don't understand the difference between promotional bets and regular bets that you are explaining, my bets also had to be placed to take part.

Can you give me timetable when that's going to be fixed? Where can I find any unibet rules about what happens when NBA season is shortened? 82 games aren't going to played neither 75 games. There are 8 games left in regular season. What I'm acknowledging is that I have to wait until regular season is officially over in August and playoffs start and only then my bets are going to be decided/voided?

@kullfitre We had a couple of NBA season bets promotions happening at the start of the season on the community, here and here, I initally thought you were referring to bets relating to one of these which is what I meant with "bets placed to take part" - that's my mistake, apologies. 

The overall issue is a bit complex, while I agree with you personally that the ending of the NBA season is so structurally different that all bets should potentially be voided, the problem that arises is in regards to how we always settle bets, which is depending on the official results from the sports body in question.

For this, that would be the NBA, who's decided to finish their season and find a winner. Since this is how we always settle our bets, the problem with voiding all bets is that we'd then end up essesentially taking money from players who had bets that turned out to be winners based on the official results from the NBA. 

E.g if I had a bet on the Lakers to win at odds 5.5 because I placed it early before the season started. If I all of the sudden got a message saying my bet had been voided, because the season is different from what we usually see, I'd be very frustrated if the Lakers actually end up winning and I'd definitely complain and point out that voiding the bet went against our own rules. 

Where it's at now is that we're settling all bets which has already been determined, e.g divisional winner bets where the team is out of range to make it. 

There's also still a chance that the NBA season actually does end up being cancelled, it can happen if lots of players start testing positive while they go through the final stage of the season. 

Former Community Manager

Did some digging and changed my mind so @ReCorpH  @JeppeL  could you try and cancel bet 2240008920?

Not so sure if they will start at all cause they are predicting second wave of corona, players having corona right now and some players are not even interested of playing and dropping out. Too much lottery for me, rather take no loss/no gain approach on this one :)

Thanks for answering me, I appreciate that.

Well, you must have misunderstood what I meant. I'm not saying that conference winner, MVP, or overall NBA winner should be voided, absolutely not, they are still up for grabs (unless season gets canceled, 3 new corona cases 4hours ago)

I'm talking only about the obvious ones which are regular season over/under wins (82) which will be obviously less than that. And you didn't clarified what's gonna happen to that bet when season actually gets shorter.

Also, same case with division winner, it's based on regular season games and anything can still happen with that many games canceled/not played. So what I think is that Bucks, Heat and maybe Lakers division win should be declared as winners if the wins cushion is bigger than amount of games canceled. Rest should be voided right? Because it is unclear.

I mean ok.. You are not voiding because my teams can loss 8 straight regular games right? And then difference might be higher than amount of games canceled. Ok right, that's logical explanation.

So now I know that I have to wait until August or even September unfortunately.

Thanks for cooperation, at least I found the logical explanation to this problem.

Best regards,

Mavericks gonna play 75 games, and Lakers only 71 games after season resumes. How you gonna handle that?
That's why voided now would be more fair. So once again, the GB (games behind) must be less than 8-11 depends on division in order to cancel the bet. So I guess, we will see. Anything can happen still