Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rank 16
Rank 16

@Nikzzzz wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

That is the key thing. If something ain't broke, no need to fix it.

None complained about chip in ball to tell if it is goal or not, player that don't effect game to be offside, goalkeeper can't take ball to hands when own player passes ball etc cause those made game better and more smooth unlike thise "improvement" straight from hell Secret

The game is already different without VAR anyway. It is played at a higher pace, and game changing incidents happen more often than they used to. More teams are playing high lines etc.

Player transfers are also completely different. A bad season at a different time. No problem, go again next season. Now? Players leave. Losing out on Europe can have enormous consequences for a club for years to come.

Again, I come back to the original topic of this discussion. The 4 offside decisions in the Napoli game were all correct with the use of VAR, and it stopped Sassuolo from winning the game. 
Potentially costing Napoli Europe next season. Players that would have left, might now stay. 
The consequences of a decision are different than 30 years ago. 

Irrelevant.

To sum up. I dislike VAR because it slows down the game and makes officials lazy.

You like it because errors are potentially avoided (if VAR is applied perfectly)

The End.

Underkicker? Winner.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 10
Rank 10

@DoktorAvalanche wrote:

@Nikzzzz wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

That is the key thing. If something ain't broke, no need to fix it.

None complained about chip in ball to tell if it is goal or not, player that don't effect game to be offside, goalkeeper can't take ball to hands when own player passes ball etc cause those made game better and more smooth unlike thise "improvement" straight from hell Secret

The game is already different without VAR anyway. It is played at a higher pace, and game changing incidents happen more often than they used to. More teams are playing high lines etc.

Player transfers are also completely different. A bad season at a different time. No problem, go again next season. Now? Players leave. Losing out on Europe can have enormous consequences for a club for years to come.

Again, I come back to the original topic of this discussion. The 4 offside decisions in the Napoli game were all correct with the use of VAR, and it stopped Sassuolo from winning the game. 
Potentially costing Napoli Europe next season. Players that would have left, might now stay. 
The consequences of a decision are different than 30 years ago. 

Irrelevant.

To sum up. I dislike VAR because it slows down the game and makes officials lazy.

You like it because errors are potentially avoided (if VAR is applied perfectly)

The End.

Only irrelevant reply here is yours. You could have just moved on, I wasn't even replying to you. I am well aware of your position and that is absolutely fine Smile

My response was a direct reply to what @Livertool Livertool said, and certainly very relevant regardless if people disagree with it.

We see things differently, no problem. For me a discussion is not about trying to change peoples mind, and it doesn't have to end just because opinions are different. I enjoy giving my view on football related matters and expressing my opinion without being told they are irrelevant if that is ok with you   Lovekiss

0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 10
Rank 10

@Livertool wrote:

@Nikzzzz wrote:

The 4 offside decisions in the Napoli game were all correct with the use of VAR, and it stopped Sassuolo from winning the game. 
Potentially costing Napoli Europe next season.

I am quite sure they would have been offsides regardless of var, difference is they would have called immediatly and we woudn't have seen goals which lead to this conversation. It is no secret that pre-var they called offsides pretty safely to favour defensive team if it was close call. Nowadays they seem to be afraid to raise the flag cause, you know there is always var to points "Absolute truth" Cheeky

That might very well be true. I do think refs seem more hesitant now, and often just waiting for VAR to bail them out Rofl

Highlighted
Rank 20
Rank 20

I always thought that VAR is essential for things like World Cup [to avoid final goal in England 1966 or Maradona's hand]. You cant wait 4 years for a tournament only to be fooked by referee like in Korea 2002. Is it needed in leagues? Maybe in final stages, lets say last 10 matches? Until then maybe go old school and no VAR?

Champions League involves too much money so i think var is essential there. You cant get thrown out of competition because of fookin offside goal and lose 20mln. For example team from my country played Panathinaikos in final CL qualifier and they scored a correct goal that was called off. Thanks to that they went into financial crisis that is prevailed to this day.  

I think something like tennis challenges maybe could work in football. Every coach could have 2-3 var challenges [if the check stands they dont lose them]. Refs are now lazy and are afraid to make any decision and having var every fookin 10mins is making the game insufferable. And the bigest problem with VAR is that even with this technology the refs are still making painfully bad decisions. Most of all it looks like that they just ignore some sticky situations with the help of TV that doesnt show the replay of it. 

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
Highlighted
Rank 25
Rank 25

@jerry wrote:

Champions League involves too much money so i think var is essential there. You cant get thrown out of competition because of fookin offside goal and lose 20mln. For example team from my country played Panathinaikos in final CL qualifier and they scored a correct goal that was called off. Thanks to that they went into financial crisis that is prevailed to this day.  

That is quite poor bankroll management if one cancelled goal slips your team to troubles. CEO went big and then he went home Very Happy

There is many small things that ain't called right yet big influence of match. Lets take notorious supertoto match Barca- Osasuna for example. In the end better team rightfully won Tongue but not because of right calls from ref. He gave Barca two freekick from 20 metres as totally gifts. In other one Rakitic tripped Osasuna player yet Barca had freekick. In that one Messi missed slightly goal. In other one Suarez had slight touch and went down to his knees faster than Kim Kardashian in her prime days, from  that Messi scored which was expected cause from that distance he often do score.

Sure it don't mean that if can't make game perfect that you couldn't try to improve at least some aspect of game but it will never be perfect no matterwhat they bring up. In long run variance equals things out like in poker Laugh

If they are thinking about next improvement, imo it should be step back and let refs do their joc and use var only to call mistakes that refs don't see Smile

To bet or not to bet, that is the question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 16
Rank 16

Have your season bets been settled yet?

0 Likes