LOTS OF PREMIER LEAGUE

Livertool

@Eldred wrote:

Blimey, rattled the hornets nest a bit . I have no doubt Klopp is an excellent coach and has improved Liverpool greatly. However, I think the jury is still out until he actually wins something in England and the number of near misses is not good.

Still think Guardiola is a long way ahead, he has been there, seen it and won it many many times and has vastly improved city since he took over (Liverpool have spent a lot more in the last 2 seasons than city by the way, before you trot that one out).

As for most crazy statement on Unibet I think the “Lpool would finish 6th with Guardiola” thing above takes the biscuit...they certainly wouldn’t have lost 3 finals in a row!

Anyway, not being drawn into this further, we’ll see in May...maybe it is Liverpool’s year after all

Guardiola always sits on the most comfortable bench, dont forget that. Had one of the best squad every single time. Barcelona w Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, than the CL winner Bayern Munchen w one of the best generation in Germany (Muller, Neuer, Lahm, Schweini, Kroos, Hummels), plus Lewa, and now in Manchester, NID the best possible team, and has two great players in almost every positions. If he doesnt have enough dream players, he buys them, because they can afford it. See above Wudu`s numbers. 

And still, unable to win Champions League (which is the hardest league) for years. He is in ruins every spring, just a few to mention: Bayern - Real 0-4, Barcelona - Bayern 3-0 (was 0-0 in the 77th minute!), lost against Monaco from 5-3, back to back losses against Liverpool (1-5). Yeah, he doesnt loose a final, because he doesnt get there 😃

However i feel this year they can win the CL, De Bruyne will be in perfect shape for the final phrases. We will see. But titles dont say everything about a coach`s quality. To make finals w this Liverpool its way better job than win the PL with this City. 

I dont know who said this "Lpool would finish 6th with Guardiola", but can be right, where was Liverpool before Klopp? City, Spurs, Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal can easily be in front as a top5. I said myself "If you have for example Guardiola or Mourinho, you may finish  on 5th" is less harsh and more realistic 🆗

• Like 2

@Eldred

Either you're going in full BBC/CNN mode right now or you cannot read balances. Check the 17/18 numbers for City again before you rest your case, you read the wrong line, bro:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=2017&s_w=&leihe=0&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

According to tm.co.uk:

17/18 City: Spent 287,75 M Pounds on new players- Made 86,72 M pounds with old players. Minus 199,04 M.

18/19 City: Spent 64,07 M - Made 25,29 M. Minus 38,78 M.

-----

17/18 Pool: Spent 151,23 M- Made 161,55 M. Plus 10,32 M pounds.

18/19 Pool: Spent 163,98 M- Made 15,57 M. Minus 148,41 M pounds.

All in all over the past 2 years, which is a stupid time-frame anyway, since a) both coaches are at their jobs for longer than that and b) Guardiola took over a club that spent much more in the past, it looks like this:

Net investment over the past two years: City: 238 M pounds - Pool: 138 M pounds.

Total investment over the past two years: City: 352 M pounds - Pool 315 M pounds.

To conclude, your statement is Fake News, since Pep net invested 100 M pounds more than Kloppo. Despite Pool losing Coutinho to Barca, City still managed to outspend Liverpool by 37 M pounds in total investment.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Eldred wrote:

Hmmm, I went on transfermark.co.uk, last 2 seasons as per my comment...

City

17/18, net spend £86m

18/19, net spend £39m

Total Spend £125m

Liverpool

17/18, net spend -£10m

18/19, net spend, £148m

Total Spend £138m

I rest my case!

You stated "spent a lot more". 13 m is nothing. 😃 Pool lost their best player (exactly a year ago he was Coutinho), so they had to be active on the transfermarket, and they really had to buy a worldclass GK after Karius. And still spent about equal to City the last two seasons. And why you never mention 16/17 when Guardiola "spent a lot more"? Would be much more fair to draw comparison.  

Fair point, Guardiola has had a lot more money since he started, although it is starting to even out now which is what I was trying to get across. 

Anyway, good luck to Klopp & LFC for the season (except for this Sunday ) Should be a fantastic game, both teams play beautiful football

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...