LOTS OF PREMIER LEAGUE

Livertool

@Livertool wrote:

Got to say despite not too good opponents and without Liverpool goggles, things are looking pretty good. Not a slight panic/trouble in single match and shots that have come, Allison has handled beautifully. Worth every euro spend :) 

Hmmm...Allisson messed up big time today. Think LFC will run City close this year (i.e. not 25 pts behind ). 

@Eldred wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

Got to say despite not too good opponents and without Liverpool goggles, things are looking pretty good. Not a slight panic/trouble in single match and shots that have come, Allison has handled beautifully. Worth every euro spend :) 

Hmmm...Allisson messed up big time today. Think LFC will run City close this year (i.e. not 25 pts behind ). 

Yup. There were two similar situations already in last match, those he managed to clear. They seem to have difficulties clearing ball when opponent pressing high, rather just clearing ball, they give passes to others when there ain't much space and mistakes like this happens. Klopp needs to work on that big time.

• 2 weeks later...

Wilfried Zaha interview

From the interview, as Zaha opens up about his time with Manchester United:

I was dealing with this at 19; living in Manchester by myself, nowhere near anyone else, because the club had a hold over where I lived. They hadn’t given me a car, like every other player [had]. Nothing. I’m living in this hell by myself...

And they say football players are dumb and out of touch! :Laugh:

• Like 3
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Very happy. Tottenham&chelsea away, 4 points of those. Little worried about Salah though. When last season started, he had situations like this season, many chances but no goals. Eventually he get it right and confidence build up and he was in fire. He really should get his aim right soon or it will be bummer season for him. Thankfully we have Sturridge as back (so far) and he has made pretty beatifull goals in couple matches :happy:

No need to be worried,although I expected such a start from him.

Liverpool is currently in best shape of all EU clubs,100% sure.No weak points in the game and they also add some more "trickeries" in their arsenal.
Klopp s only job is right players selection over the all competitions.

Big chance!

• Like 1

@XY wrote:

No need to be worried,although I expected such a start from him.

Liverpool is currently in best shape of all EU clubs,100% sure.No weak points in the game and they also add some more "trickeries" in their arsenal.

Klopp s only job is right players selection over the all competitions.

Big chance!

Agree Liverpool are much improved, but City still big favourites. Largely cos better squad and better manager and they have been there before. I think Liverpool's achilles heel is actually Klopp...always seems to choke at the finishing line, he needs to break the hoodoo and actually win something or the beautiful football counts for nothing.

@Eldred wrote:

Agree Liverpool are much improved, but City still big favourites. Largely cos better squad and better manager and they have been there before. I think Liverpool's achilles heel is actually Klopp...always seems to choke at the finishing line, he needs to break the hoodoo and actually win something or the beautiful football counts for nothing.

Kind of agree but can´t blame Klopp for example mistakes by Karius or Salah`s injury or what happens in one invidual match all together. That is why i´m counting for PL now that we have more quality players to rotate. And ofc high quality gk. Many points/matches lost in previous seasons just for that.

@Eldred wrote:

Sorry bro, but this has to be one of the most stupid statements on the UBcommunity which has ever been written! :laugh: Kloppo is one of the best coaches there is. I know, you probably get your "knowledge" from playing FIFA, so let me give you some background info about his time in Germany before joining Liverpool.

Klopp's been coaching since the early 2000s and in 15 years he has not been fired once! He took a middle of the road 2nd division team (Mainz) and turned them into a Bundesliga club. Then he went on to the BvB, who 10 years ago had a huge following, the biggest and best stadium in Germany, but also a huge pile of debt and not a very good roster. We were bascially straight on our way to become what happened to the Hamburger SV 10 years later, except out situation looked far worse.

He then installed an agressive system with young and/or unknown talents and within 3 (!!!!) years, we won the Bundesliga in dominating fashion! The next year, he repeated the win and also won the German cup as well. Damn, look at how he choked at the finish line:

The year after, he went on to the UCL final. Beating Real Madrid on the way:

Players like Hummels, Götze, Lewandowski, Gündogan, Aubameyang, Kagawa were practically unknown before they played for Klopp. There are other middle of the road guys who had their best time under Klopp: Subotic, Großkreutz, Piszczek, Kuba, Schmelzer, Sahin, to name a few. It's not like he went the Guardiola-Way: Let me coach Barca, then I'd like to go to Bayern and finally I want to compete in the Premier League with the deepest pockets.

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Klopp is one of the best coach, if not the best. To be honest, Liverpool`s squad alone is nowhere near to win any title. Even Salah was an average player two years ago. With Klopp everything is really possible and he brings out the best of each player. If you have for example Guardiola or Mourinho, you may finish  on 5th, and there is no CL at all. 

• Like 1

Blimey, rattled the hornets nest a bit . I have no doubt Klopp is an excellent coach and has improved Liverpool greatly. However, I think the jury is still out until he actually wins something in England and the number of near misses is not good.

Still think Guardiola is a long way ahead, he has been there, seen it and won it many many times and has vastly improved city since he took over (Liverpool have spent a lot more in the last 2 seasons than city by the way, before you trot that one out).

As for most crazy statement on Unibet I think the “Lpool would finish 6th with Guardiola” thing above takes the biscuit...they certainly wouldn’t have lost 3 finals in a row!

Anyway, not being drawn into this further, we’ll see in May...maybe it is Liverpool’s year after all

• Like 1

@Eldred wrote:

Still think Guardiola is a long way ahead, he has been there, seen it and won it many many times and has vastly improved city since he took over (Liverpool have spent a lot more in the last 2 seasons than city by the way, before you trot that one out).

giphy

I went through the transfers (transfermarkt.de) comparing ManCity and Liverpool over the last 3 years (16/17, 17/18 and 18/19). The summer of 2016 was the first for Pep as well as for Kloppo. Lookie cookie what I found:

Liverpool- 16/17: 79,9 M Euro spent- 84,9 M Euro collected. Plus 5 M.

Liverpool- 17/18: 168,03 M spent- 179,5 M collected. Plus 11,47 M.

Liverpool- 18/19: 182,02 M spent- 17,3 M collected. Minus 164,9 M.

Net money invested under Klopp: 148,43 M Euro.

Quite a lot? Let's take a look at the 3 offseasons under Pep:

City 16/17-  213,5 M spent- 35,35 M collected. Minus 178,15 M.

City 17/18- 317,5 M spent- 96,35 M collected. Minus 221,15 M.

City 18/19 71,19 M spent- 28,1 M collected. Minus 43,09 M.

Net money invested under Pep: 442,39 M Euro.

Pep net invested 3 times as much as Kloppo so far. With gros-s investements, Pep outspent Kloppo 602 to 430 M over the last 3 years. That's still 40 % more money than Kloppo.

• Like 4