Kim Clijsters is back again!

cris1285

A lots of belgians here, and not even a mention of Kim? 😞

She is playing her first match right now in Dubai, against an in-form Muguruza. She hit 3 doublefaults in 2 service games, her movement is a bit like she is a mother-of-three (she is), but these surely will get better and her hand and skills are still there. She is playing very good (but of course limited) tennis now, some of the shots like, wow... 

It might be too early to judge, but i think top 20 is really possible w small tournament trophies (tiny chance for second week of GSs). What you think, how far she can go? 

Top 20? I seriously doubt that :laugh:  She is 36 and hasent played for like 8 years. 

Unlike the men, womans tennis has been dominated by younger palyers last couple of years. Only the Williams sisters have really done anything at that age, both absolute physical specimens. Currently two players over 30 ranked in top 20...

But who knows, would be cool to see her do well. 

@Nikzzzz wrote:

Top 20? I seriously doubt that :laugh:  She is 36 and hasent played for like 8 years. 

Unlike the men, womans tennis has been dominated by younger palyers last couple of years. Only the Williams sisters have really done anything at that age, both absolute physical specimens. Currently two players over 30 ranked in top 20...

But who knows, would be cool to see her do well. 

@Nikzzzz, yeah, top 20 is not easy (and probably she needs to be on Tour full time), but those young players are very inconsistent (e.g. Anisimova today), and they use to get nervous under pressure if they meet an experienced player (Yastremska against Wozniacki this AO). Let alone those lacking the champion mentality, like Svitolina. I see the chance, waiting for the odds 😛

@cris1285 wrote:

@Nikzzzz, yeah, top 20 is not easy (and probably she needs to be on Tour full time), but those young players are very inconsistent (e.g. Anisimova today), and they use to get nervous under pressure if they meet an experienced player (Yastremska against Wozniacki this AO). Let alone those lacking the champion mentality, like Svitolina. I see the chance, waiting for the odds 😛

I agree there are a lot inconsistent players on the tour atm. However you have  young players, and very young players. Anisimova is 18, and still a child. Like @psrquack says you have to defeat the promising youngsters and decent mid 20 years players aswell. 

I was impressed from what i saw today to be honest, but how would she do if she had to play again tomorrow? 

Anyway you should request odds for this, would be fun to follow 😃

• Like 2

@psrquack wrote:

I think Kuznetsova has the one of the best fighting attitude but she can't reach top20 too. You must defeat not the promising youngsters but the massive not great, but decent mid 20 years players too, what seems impossible for me.

But Kuznetsova is a mental midget for very very long time. 🤣

To reach the top 20 you need about 2000 points right now. Thats couple of quarterfinals in strong fielded tournaments (100-190-215-430 points) and vulturing two international tourneys (2x280 points). I wouldnt overestimate the recent field featuring brainless ballbashers.

Being a true legend can help a lot, Venus Williams at age of 37 in 2018, played 11 tournaments, was trash on clay, reached only one semifinal, cut her season down after the US Open, and still managed to finish in top 40!

If Clijsters s body holds up, she is top 30-50 for sure, the rest depends on her schedule and on her draws (at the beginning that sucks). She has just played a very competitive second set againts the girl who is in her best form ever (?), and almost won the AO couple of weeks ago.

I was never her fan (i didnt really follow WTA that time), but now i will be. 👍

• Like 2