Juan-Martin Del Potro - retired from tournament

Tennisfan

Hi,

Could you please check my two bets:

I bet that Del Potro, Juan will win or E/W 1/2 the Wimbledon (tennis tournament which started today). However, Del Potro is injured, he maybe ended his carrer, so there is no theoretical chance that he will play in this tournament. In this case, I get the money back. Could you please check?

Thank you,
Best regards,

Stevanovic Stefan

Hi @Tennisfan, I'm afraid that in the case of outright bets, if the player does not attend the tournament the bet will be lost based on the terms below:
B.5.11
"11) When placing "Outright" or "Place" bets, no stakes will be refunded on participants/outcomes that are not participating or withdrawing from an event (both prior and during), unless otherwise stated. Unibet reserves the right, at its own discretion, to apply Tattersalls Rule 4, as explained in , on any competition and this will be stated in correlation to the bet offer and/or the relevant Sport specific rule. "

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

Hi Ray, 

Thanks for the reply! Rules are rules ofc; but my question is: In case of withdraw, the Unibet pays money back to user, only until the last point of the first set. Why not paying back the money (to the user) if the player is not playing in 1st round? I bet that Del Potro will win the tournament, which would be possible if he does not gets injured. How could I foreseen this, or anybody? If he gets injured in 1st round, okay, but he wasn't even in the main draw. This is unacceptable in my opinion. Waiting for you answer, thanks, Stefan

@Tennisfan wrote:

Hi Ray, 

Thanks for the reply! Rules are rules ofc; but my question is: In case of withdraw, the Unibet pays money back to user, only until the last point of the first set. Why not paying back the money (to the user) if the player is not playing in 1st round? I bet that Del Potro will win the tournament, which would be possible if he does not gets injured. How could I foreseen this, or anybody? If he gets injured in 1st round, okay, but he wasn't even in the main draw. This is unacceptable in my opinion. Waiting for you answer, thanks, Stefan

Not sure what more I could say regarding the situation @Tennisfan , I believe the terms above cover the way we operate, answers both of tour questions and why your bet has been lost, this has been the case since the betting platform started.

"Unibet pays money back to user, only until the last point of the first set ", yes and this is the rule for the match market. For the outright market it is different unfortunately. For outright market, rule B.5.11 applies : "no stakes will be refunded on participants/outcomes that are not participating or withdrawing from an event (both prior and during), unless otherwise stated"

I realize that you're not happy with these terms, I wouldn't thing these are subject to be changed in the future either. At least you will know what to prepare for in the future when placing a Tennis bet.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator