Goal scorer bingo

Keyser

Every so often I play scorers bundled together in some kind of system, and have fun hoping to check them all off during the matches. With the Euros, I've extended it for a long-time entertainment (while I normally do this with matches that begins at the same time, mostly in Norwegian 1st Div rounds). Today is my first pick of the first week; Germany's Thomas Müller against Ukraine, so it's about time to open the bingo.

I probably should mention; normally I play a bit of lesser favorites, but when I ran through the options on Friday, these were the ones that survived the knife (usually I play a few more with 3.00+ odds, and play the system with doubles as well)...

648623098_goalscorerbingo.thumb.jpg.5cbc8903e867f538412d883d2c3e2578.jpg

Off to a rather dull opening. No Müller, no Löw. He wasn't really all that close either. One shot from a bit distance, and for the rest of it I blame Özil. The Arsenal-player over-complicated things in the final third--in my opinion. Although, it's no secret I'm a Spurs-fan, so he could probably play like Payet, and still not impress me....

• 2 weeks later...

Messi and Ronaldo did their part, so at least it got interesting. Lukaku twice one on one with the goalie, but missed on the first one and minutes later when he did score it was correctly waved for offside. He never managed to get on the end of those crosses, and was subbed off without scoring. Alexis came close, hitting the post on what rebounded for the two-nil goal, and late in the match he was robbed of a penalty. Maybe some justice, as Colombia also was robbed much earlier in 2nd half. Only got back just above 1/3 of the stake, so not very succesful this time either...

Archived