Game of Thrones invalidated Winning

whatthehack

I have won the Bran Stark betting however for some reason my bet is invalidated.

At first payment was done then it was reverted.

Did everyone has the same issue?

All other betting companies has accepted and I got paid but for some reason UNIBET  decided that it is not valid.

I contacted Support I hope they will fix this issue.

• Like 1

Wasn't the precise wording here "XYZ sitting on the Iron Throne in the end"?

Since there's no Iron Throne anymore and he was appointed by some sort of retarded city council, I see Unibet's reasoning here...
  • Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

The bet description says: To be settled as Winner the character must be the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros at the end of the whole TV series. In the event that there is no kingdom or ruler of Westeros at the end of the series all bets will be void.

There was no ruler of the seven kingdoms as the North became independent, hence the bet is voided :)

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

There was no ruler of the seven kingdoms as the North became independent, hence the bet is voided :)

Oh come on, that's brutal...PAY DA MAN!

This all could have been avoided if my boy Ramsay was still around:

AltruisticSecondhandIvorybilledwoodpecker-small

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

In other betting companies it states: Who will sit on Iron Throne. Dragon has melted the throne so they could have voided that also.

After Bran is chosen as king he allowed himself to let the north go. It was his decision as the king of seven kingdoms to let it go.

I bet only Unibet is voided this. I do not see any other betting firm do this.

Can't comment on other bookmakers - haven't seen their bet descriptions and not sure it's really relevant.

The odds were set based on the criteria you were made aware of when placing the bet. The 7 kingdoms being united were obviously not equally likely for all the possible rulers you could bet on. It clearly states by the end of the TV series, so that Bran could have refused Sansas "request", that doesn't really matter.

I'm working in the poker team, so this is not an official reply from Unibet, and I can't say what the betting team decide to do, but as a player and a GOT fan myself I really don't think you got a case here. The odds would have been different if the bet description was "be the ruler of Kings landing", "ruler of the majority of kingdoms in Westeros", "main ruler of kingdoms of Westeros" or similar.

All that being said it obviously sucks big time, and I wouldn't exactly be happy if I was in your situation either, but rules are rules.

Lastly, I just want you to imagine you'd bet on another outcome. Would you be happy if you'd lost, when the bet should clearly be voided according to the rules? That's essentially what you're saying is fair.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Same with my bet. Its void. Sky and william hill have paid out. Unibet and 888sport void. It was worded leader of Westeros. I thought they must have voided as says leader of the 7 kingdoms but he was the leader of the 7 and decided to allow the north to leave. Others have paid out so think its a joke they have not. Will be contacting them asking why

@Thompoman wrote:

Same with my bet. Its void. Sky and william hill have paid out. Unibet and 888sport void. It was worded leader of Westeros. I thought they must have voided as says leader of the 7 kingdoms but he was the leader of the 7 and decided to allow the north to leave. Others have paid out so think its a joke they have not. Will be contacting them asking why

Technically that's not correct. Sansa only agreed to elect him king if he decided to let the North go...He nodded, North is gone, Bran becomes king.

What a travesty this final season/episode was:

got.PNG.978649a6ccd4536d09470bd61ca907f3.PNG

Considering you paid out THEN retracted it only proves the market won.

To do that to people will only cause incredible friction.

The name of the market is "To Rule Westeros". BRAN QUITE CLEARLY DOES.

The fact he gives his sister The North really is regardless and it is simply a petty attempt to claw money away from rightful winners, especially when you consider several large sites have paid out on it.

A complete and utter joke. Pay me my winnings.

I agree. Sansa never says either way that she is in or out, she simply requests the north be independent. It is very petty to say the bet is void since the bet was the ruler of Westeros and especially since other betting sites have paid put on the same circumstances

• Like 1

@Thompoman @Bobby1  Do you want to say that it was not in the description: "ruler of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros" .  If it was to stop interpreting the results of these events in your own way.  I also watched this episode and Tyrion emphasized this:

sixkingdoms.png.1a67ef4a2e1797516eeaa8f340873a00.png

I agree. Sansa never says either way that she is in or out, she simply requests the north be independent. It is very petty to say the bet is void since the bet was the ruler of Westeros and especially since other betting sites have paid put on the same circumstances

Really she simply requested ? really ?

Sansa said:
"I love you, little brother. I always will. You'll be a good king. But tens of thousands of Northmen  fell in the Great War defending all of Westeros. And those who survived have seen too much and fought too hard ever to kneel again.
The North will remain an independent kingdom, as it was for thousands of years."

:Thumbsup:  Brann nodded  :Thumbsup:

Later:  "The Queen in the North! The Queen in the North!" The Queen in the North!" 

--------------

Any doubts??

---------------

If you do not know it after the events of the first episode, North was at war(with new King ->Robb Stark, later John Snow and he bended a knee) with prev rulers (3 x Lannisters), earlier with Robert B. on throne North was part of 7 Kingdoms - without KING, beacuse Ned Star was not a king of the North but :  Warden of the North -  he bended a knee,  and he was only  Lord of Winterfell  not Lord of the North -> Robert B. as King of Seven Kingdoms was Lord of The North.

If you mention other sites, give a screenshot of their description.

Stop screaming, if Unibet decides to pay you winnings it will be a gesture of goodwill. 

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

*Captain here* 
Just watched the final last night and was scratching my head a bit over this as well. So I looked into it and most of the answers to why this was voided are correct. The description of the bets placed mention that in order for this bet to be winning, Bran would need to be ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. This not being the case I'm afraid that the bets are settled correctly as vioded since the North did get it's independence after all, leaving only 6 kingdoms to rule over.

1300054014_Sevenk.JPG.6dddaffbab192311d9dcd1869af5a7ea.JPG

*flies away*

/Ray

• Like 2
Former Community Moderator

Sorry about any eventual spoilers...didn't occur to me to take that into consideration as well. I cought up with the last 3 episodes of the series last night. But am browsing 9gag for a laugh every day which is literally full with GOT spoilers, even without seeing the series I already knew what to expect :waterfall: shame on you 9GAG for not having a separate GOT section that I can switch off at my own will. 🤣.

/Ray

• Like 3
Former Community Moderator

@Livertool @RayL @pinki 

As soon as i saw the thread title i knew enough to steer well clear until watching the final episode. 🤣

A great series, but surely it's enough to enjoy it without having a bet on it! There are literally thousands of bets on the site as I am writing this, and many bets will be placed with little or no idea of the rules and regulations covering every eventuality, there are so many examples on this site every week. Yes, a bet can enhance the enjoyment of a sporting occasion, especially winning bets, but do you really want to try and second guess scriptwriters with no known form or precedents. ( Yeah, this scriptwriter's got known form for killing off major characters, and this one always lets the underdog win. 🤣) It's hard enough betting on two teams that have played each other 5 times this season and you think you know all the possible outcomes, without getting into the minds of people that are deliberately trying to keep everyone guessing.

With that little rant out of the way, I think backing Bran to become King of the seven kingdoms was a fairly good shot, but isn't there always a little twist you hadn't forseen? He was only king of six kingdoms in the end, bet lost. 

Season 8 Scream GIF by Game of Thrones "They were 3 down after the first leg and won?"                                                                                                                                                                                                                 "They were 3 down at half time and won?                                                                                                                                                                                                                          "All four English teams in the final?"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       "City won how many trophies?"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               "Huddersfield Town relegated?" 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

With that little rant out of the way, I think backing Bran to become King of the seven kingdoms was a fairly good shot, but isn't there always a little twist you hadn't forseen?

Stupid Bran spent 3/4 of the show being pulled around on a sleigh! During some seasons in the middle he wasn't even around, but sure...#notmyking

My support goes to the kindest man in Westeros:

• Like 1