Fascinating approach to trading....

Sandy

It's the method of "trading" I am objecting to. To a losing customer. That's the issue here. And to just refuse business and still cut the price? Jog on. I don't beat the price on all occasions, far from it. In fact plenty of times Unibet have been top price, reeled me in and taken my money. That should be a "well done" to the traders. Their judgement, or their knowledge was clearly better than mine on those occasions. This other shizz is clearly at the opposite end of the scale when it comes to "trading". It's a cop out. Thanks for your interest but you're barking up the wrong tree here. I am pissed off because they did this, and I called it out long before the horse in question won. Thank you for your interest.

@Sandy 

I think you're getting a little over excited about a straightforward market occurence. There was obviously a big gamble on the horse in question, available at 22/1 in the morning, opening at 11/1 on course and being backed into 7/1 before winning, which takes a fair bit of money to happen. Bookmakers will not blindly take all the money bet on a horse without putting some safety measures in place, lowering the price and adjusting the market according to the weight of money placed. It was probably a case of you just happened to be in the middle of a big gamble and unfortunately your bet was rejected, absolutely nothing against you but pure market forces. You haven't answered wether you attempted to place a bet again on this horse after the price was cut, or wether more and how many times your bets have been referred and/or rejected, and if you've tried more bets after with or without success. Nobody's treating you like scum, and the mods here will, as always, do there best to help with any issues, sometimes over and above what they're required to, even when treated with less politeness than they show. 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Why would I try to bet the horse again at 18/1?

I thought the horse was overpriced in the morning. I attempted to place a bet at 22/1, it was straight rejected. I wasn't offered a portion of my requested stake at 22/1. It was straight rejected. And the price was immediately cut. I did not get a message saying there had been a price change. The bet was rejected and low and behold the "traders" having not made a trade with me, cut the price. It's a disgusting practice. If you want to accept less be my guest.

@LFCJJ wrote:

@Want2Believe Arbitrage on a horse race? At 22/1? That only makes sense if he is exchange betting, I think he’s just having a little moan cos he’s nearly 2 grand down 

@Sandy @stop throwing your toys out the pram I’m sure you’d be thanking them if the horse lost and you saved 20 quid, unless you’re trying to accuse Unibet of mastering time travel there’s no way they knew they where rejecting a winning bet. Sounds like you need a break 

@LFCJJ 

yeah horse bets. right! my bad. I was never interested in this market, bc I think it's a biggest scam after table tennis 😀

@Sandy wrote:

Why would I try to bet the horse again at 18/1?

I thought the horse was overpriced in the morning. I attempted to place a bet at 22/1, it was straight rejected. I wasn't offered a portion of my requested stake at 22/1. It was straight rejected. And the price was immediately cut. I did not get a message saying there had been a price change. The bet was rejected and low and behold the "traders" having not made a trade with me, cut the price. It's a disgusting practice. If you want to accept less be my guest.

@Sandy What you don't seem to grasp is that your bet being rejected probably, almost certainly, wasn't the result of your one bet. There may have been many astute betters like you that realised the price was good and there may have been many bets at the same time, forcing bookies, UB amongst them, to stop taking money on that horse and realigning the market. You still haven't answered wether you tried to bet the horse again, the reason being that 18/1 could still have represented value. Obviously many punters took this view as the price continued to contract, so you may have missed out on a good opportunity, not as good as originally thought but still value. 

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Sorry @GR1ZZL3R I thought it was obvious I did not try to back the horse at 18/1 by my last response.

So to be clear: I DID NOT try to back the horse at 18/1. After my bet attempt at 22/1 - which was STRAIGHT AWAY REFERRED TO TRADERS - AT THE PRICE - MY BET WAS STRAIGHT REJECTED BY THEM.

I complained IMMEDIATELY about the treatment and straight rejections of the bet.  By "Traders". Long before any massive price contraction, or the horse winning.

Anyway, now that I've had confirmation via email following up on my complaint that Unibet "traders/risk team" think I'm an arber and straight refused my bet because I attempted to place the bet @GR1ZZL3R, and were rejecting MY business on the basis of their opinion of MY business, perhaps you will be able to grasp the fact that it was exactly because I tried to bet the horse that they straight refused the bet and cut the price, because they have formed an entirely incorrect opinion of me. I quote...

"You were notified on 13th July that you would no longer be eligible for promotions on your account...This decision was made based on almost exclusive bonus turnover and the opinion the account is being used for racing arbitrage". I used the Uniboosts THEY gave me to boost the prices of horses at e.g. 10/1 to 11/1 because THEY gave me them. Whilst betting into 10 runner books priced at around 127%... before I got my minimal enhancement. LMAO. Great analysis there, traders/risk team. I wasn't arbing and I don't arb.

It continued...  "As you mentioned within the community your bet was indeed rejected with no re-offer. This was and is down to the trader's discretion... we accept that a re-offer could have been a consideration if the trader did not want to accept the whole bet, but again this is down to discretion.

At least I know not to waste my time looking at this firm's prices.