Fantasy Tour de France

gillvs77

This is a cool fantasy game. Cheers for bringing it up @gillvs77  👍

I like the big scoring too. 🆗

It's going to be a horrible Sunday for my team. I don't have any riders from the time trial favorite teams, but apparently there shouldn't be quite as many points given out on the team time trial stage than on the regular stages, whew :happyshy:

I hope not as many points. They divide by 8, but hopefully not taking sum of first 8 places points for winning team. I also expect not many points for me today. No Ineos riders in it yet and not gone make changes I guess.

We have a very exciting edition this year. Today was a mess, was like that stage few years ago in Holland at the start of that Tour. Tomorrow is rest day so you can make changes in your team.The battle in our league is also a thriller. 

• Like 2

@gillvs77 , @Purps , @YlarP  what do u think? Is Alaphilippe cycling on clear water? I mean what the hell ? He wins the time-trial yesterday and today he almost wins again on Tourmalet? With Thomas giving seconds to him? He has won this year Milan-San Remo and Strade Bianche and now is flying over Tourmalet? What is he ? He isn't a human anymore.Will he won the tour?

I have made a big big mistake when Cicone was in the yellow jersey.I have switched Allaphillipe with Ciccone :)) in my fantasy team.Was thinking that Bernal or Thomas will come next into yellow.

• Like 2

@maruni wrote:

@gillvs77 , @Purps , @YlarP  what do u think? Is Alaphilippe cycling on clear water? I mean what the hell ? He wins the time-trial yesterday and today he almost wins again on Tourmalet?

I don't think there will be anyone clean on the podium, or even near to it this year any more than there has been on previous years. But if we leave that aside, yeah he's been great. Especially the last two days were way stronger than expected.

The Tourmalet stage was the first one I watched most of. Gotta love the high mountain finishes. Great entertainment, and the TV production on Eurosport is amazing year after year 🆗

• Like 2

@Purps Yesterday on the winners stage was even Macron, president of France.Pfuaa such a good odd for Pinot it was.Pity that i didn't knew before that Macron will be there.Things like that are extra motivating the riders and you do nothing with just stats and previews if u can't find that the president will do congrats the winner after the stage.I hope that Bernal or square shoulders Kruiswik to win the Tour.

• Like 1

@Purps wrote:

@maruni wrote:

@gillvs77 , @Purps , @YlarP  what do u think? Is Alaphilippe cycling on clear water? I mean what the hell ? He wins the time-trial yesterday and today he almost wins again on Tourmalet?

I don't think there will be anyone clean on the podium, or even near to it this year any more than there has been on previous years. But if we leave that aside, yeah he's been great. Especially the last two days were way stronger than expected.

The Tourmalet stage was the first one I watched most of. Gotta love the high mountain finishes. Great entertainment, and the TV production on Eurosport is amazing year after year 🆗

👍

Is the dude in the devil costume still running around during the mountain stages? :laugh:

I haven't watched the tour for about 10 years now, I think Contador was my breaking point, however when I watched back in the day (Lance, Ullrich, Pantani, Virenque, Winokurow, Basso, Mayo, Hamilton etc era), these mountain finishes were such great TV! Full of suspense and drama. It's a pity that the sport has zero integrity...

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@BroederTuck wrote:

@RayL 

What happens with bets on the TDF stage of today? Will they stand? (They neutralised it with 30 km to go)

I believe the race will be re scheduled and the bets stand but I can double check with the provider based on a Coupon ID if you have a bet placed, can you please leave it in a comment below @BroederTuck/?

Former Community Moderator

@RayL wrote:

@BroederTuck wrote:

@RayL 

What happens with bets on the TDF stage of today? Will they stand? (They neutralised it with 30 km to go)

I believe the race will be re scheduled and the bets stand but I can double check with the provider based on a Coupon ID if you have a bet placed, can you please leave it in a comment below @BroederTuck/?

:laugh: Poor @RayL probably never heard of the Tour de France before...🤣

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@RayL wrote:

@BroederTuck wrote:

@RayL 

@RayL Race won't be rescheduled but I saw they voided the bets. Which is actually good news for me since I placed a 25€ freebet on Pinot to win the stage. 😀

Also because of the abandonment of Pinot, my chances for this betslip increased:

buchmann.PNG.b994007376b29da6902bc110cfc63d65.PNG

Gonna be close, this one.

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

@RayL wrote:

@BroederTuck wrote:

@RayL 

:laugh: Poor @RayL probably never heard of the Tour de France before...🤣

Certainly not an expert on the matter @WuDu :happyshy:.

• Like 1
Former Community Moderator

Not so easy win for me in the fantasy league.I have had two good opponents there! 

The Tour was one of the most thrilling from the last decade.Most are saying that was one of the cleanest Tour of the last years because we havn't seen Ineos-former Sky Team to dominate in the mountains.But we also have seen Viviani leading out for Alaphillipe in the first kilometers on the mountains.So i can't be sure of anything.But i am very happy that Bernal have won it!

• Like 1

Congrats @maruni  on the win 👍

Yeah, that was a fun fantasy game. Too bad there were so few of us but maybe next time there'll be more. I blew my fantasy game on the first week. I was over a thousand points behind you and Gill at that point and ended up losing by just 800 points or so. Had some really bad choices on my starting team, and with only 8 substitutions and such limited budjet, it's difficult.